PDA

View Full Version : A question about speakers number

stewarthou
11-02-2009, 11:47 AM
I will get my Golf 2.0 TDI recently, and I am considering change the original cd charger to more advanced one. The question is that most cd chargers provide only 4 speaker connections, but the Golf has 8 speakers, how do them connect together.

glidn
11-02-2009, 02:48 PM
I will get my Golf 2.0 TDI recently, and I am considering change the original cd charger to more advanced one. The question is that most cd chargers provide only 4 speaker connections, but the Golf has 8 speakers, how do them connect together.

althought the golf has a "8 speaker system"

generally what happens is each of the three speakers play their own set of frequency ranges, the same as one speaker can do. However three speakers doing the sam job as one, generally means they do it a whole bunch better.

So basically wire up your four wire in behind the Headunit, heck you can even buy the correct wiring harness for around $15 - $30 then you get home unplug and replug new harness and you are all done.

It's that easy.

Mr İharisma
01-03-2009, 05:47 PM
The eight speakers can play off 4 outputs.

A woofer + tweeter only needs 1 input to play so long as they have correct xovers in place. Reason being the characterists of a woofer will be to have a very high resistance in the higher range of its physical ability and the tweeter takes over from there. Xovers just make sure it all happens exactly where the set will sound the most natural.

Having a woofer + mid + tweeter is 3 speakers but again can run off one input so long as correct xovers are in place not to damage anything.