PDA

View Full Version : Rear Fog Lights

T Rex
09-02-2009, 11:29 AM
At the risk of raising a trivial topic - I have notced that although there appear to be lenses etc. for two rear fog lights on my T2, only one illuminates. The dealer tells me that this is correct - there is only one rear fog light. I wopnder what the other "light" is for - maybe it can be hooked up as a second rear fog light. (I live in the mountains and sometimes need to drive on very misty nights)

Cheers

Geoff

TonyO
18-04-2009, 12:34 AM
At the risk of raising a trivial topic - I have notced that although there appear to be lenses etc. for two rear fog lights on my T2, only one illuminates. The dealer tells me that this is correct - there is only one rear fog light. I wopnder what the other "light" is for - maybe it can be hooked up as a second rear fog light. (I live in the mountains and sometimes need to drive on very misty nights)

Cheers

Geoff

I had a Peugeot that also had a second fog light already wired up all I needed to do was cut away a small piece of plastic and put a globe in.
Something to do with Aus rules re rear fog lights.

DaveMack
18-04-2009, 12:38 AM
I think you'll find most Euros since mid/late 90s use only one fog light ... but look as though they have two.

Dave

gregozedobe
22-04-2009, 04:36 PM
IIRC the reason for having only one fog light is so that the fog lights aren't confused with brake lights. If you have two fog lights on it looks a lot more like brake lights (without the centre light on modern cars, of course older cars don't have a centre brake light). So I'm happy to only have one fog light (on the driver's side).

T Rex
25-04-2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks folks - sounds logical to me. Cheers

maca
10-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Also you'll find that the rear fog lamp is always on the driver's side. This is done in order to keep it in the driver's direct line of sight. The spare space on the opposite side of the tail gate is where the LHD vehicle's fog lamp goes :)