PDA

View Full Version : New pics - Golf 6 GTI

Mr Messy
04-02-2009, 01:00 PM
From the UK Car magazine website, www.carmagazine.co.uk are new shots of the GTI VI in testing. Looks kinda plain, but I still want one.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/02/Golfsnc1-1.jpg

benough
04-02-2009, 01:17 PM
You're right.

And I bet you all the dealers here will put that retarded number plate mount on ALL of them.

Mrk_Mickey
04-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Ohhh I hope they don't... :(

Someone should point the dealers to this forum so they can take a poll on options for the new MkVI hehehe.

Russ59
04-02-2009, 01:56 PM
I don't see anything exciting enough about the new model to make me want to trade the GT in on one. Besides the fact they haven't even brought out a replacement model yet anyway, sorry but I prefer my MK V. :driver: :)

benough
04-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Rumour is Russ is that they are resurrecting the GTD and it will be a twin sequential turbo. :bluesbro:

But it will be de-tuned to not out-do the GTI of course...

kryten2001
04-02-2009, 02:13 PM
You're right.

And I bet you all the dealers here will put that retarded number plate mount on ALL of them.

harsh.. Europlates are cool :cool46:

Russ59
04-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Rumour is Russ is that they are resurrecting the GTD and it will be a twin sequential turbo. :bluesbro:

But it will be de-tuned to not out-do the GTI of course...

Yeah I heard that, I still wouldn't race out and buy one though, besides the amount of money you would lose in depreciation, I personally prefer the look of the MK V anyway, and IMO these things go so well, I can't see the point in changing too much about them. :bowdown: :) I'm "as happy as" with mine anyway and that's all that matters to me :biggrin:

Russ

mtj007
04-02-2009, 02:14 PM
I'm not really a fan of those foglights.
That picture looks like it is from the US, hopefully we will get a different bumper with the number plate recess like the current Golf. The black mount looks silly, at least it fits in with the black grille on the Mk V GTI.

Overall I still prefer the verticle/Audi style grille (GTI Mk V/R32/Jetta/Passat etc) over the horizontal style of the GTI Mk VI.

On a Mk V I'd take Euro plates (still haven't got around to ordering mine...) however I think I'd put slimlines on a Mk VI.

Greg Roles
04-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Looking very Toyota to me.....

And Russ a sequential turbo would have no lag, anywhere. Still, like you I prefer the MKV look at this early stage....

Perhaps a transplant down the track!:biggrin:

decksla
04-02-2009, 03:26 PM
not a fan TBH

Russ59
04-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Looking very Toyota to me.....

And Russ a sequential turbo would have no lag, anywhere. Still, like you I prefer the MKV look at this early stage....

Perhaps a transplant down the track!:biggrin:

Yeah Greg that would be nice, maybe down the track if the design becomes a little more to my liking I might consider it, then again I said in another post a while back, I think my next purchase may be a Tiguan in a few years time. Maybe if they could put a sequential turbo diesel in that with say 140 + killer wasps and around 400 Nm stock :eek: mmm......... now that would be tempting :dance: :biggrin:

Russ

poloplayer
04-02-2009, 09:19 PM
I still like it, though it's a bad angle for the car. Not to mention it's been jacked up for a wheel change

WEDEL.1
04-02-2009, 09:36 PM
I think my next purchase may be a Tiguan in a few years time. Russ

Great minds think alike!

I said to Julia only last week that a Tiguan would be our next car when we revert to owing only one VW. Still quite a few years to go yet though.

Maris

Russ59
04-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Great minds think alike!

I said to Julia only last week that a Tiguan would be our next car when we revert to owing only one VW. Still quite a few years to go yet though.

Maris

I think it would make a great retirement vehicle although I also still have a few years to go until I reach that status. I'm sure by then VW will have something probably even more tasty for us to sink our teeth into :driver: :biggrin:

Russ

tdi guy
05-02-2009, 07:41 AM
I'm sure by then VW will have something probably even more tasty for us to sink our teeth into :driver: :biggrin:

Russ

Perhaps the MK7 GTI...?

TG

Russ59
05-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Perhaps the MK7 GTI...?

TG

More like a MK 8 Tiguan :biggrin:

RhysQ
05-02-2009, 09:46 AM
More like a MK 8 Tiguan :biggrin:

Tiguan R??

The renders of the Tiguan R-Line look good but it has been designed as a TDI. Maybe a twin turbo six cyl TDI :biggrin:

Russ59
05-02-2009, 11:33 AM
;276141']Tiguan R??

The renders of the Tiguan R-Line look good but it has been designed as a TDI. Maybe a twin turbo six cyl TDI :biggrin:

For economy purposes I would prefer a twin turbo 4 cylinder, when you consider the Tiguan is not much bigger than a Golf (looking at it from the outside at least) a nice 140 + killer wasp engine and 400Nm of torque should push it along nicely ! :biggrin:

Russ

red barron
05-02-2009, 11:55 AM
After seeing that picture i'm very happy to keep my MK5 GTI. It doesn't look as aggressive as the current model. They need a bigger grill.

Lima
06-02-2009, 10:48 PM
I reckon the Mk6 looks great, and just like when all the Mk4 owners were saying their cars looked better, they mostly changed their tune when the Mk5 became more readily available.

I reckon history is repeating itself. :toast:

gti
06-02-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm undecided at the moment as I need to see one in the flesh. I believe once more are out on the roads more people will start liking them and want the VI. Sometimes new things just take a while to grow on people. :)

16v_kid
07-02-2009, 08:50 PM
what specs does the mk6 gti have...is it still the 2.0L 16v turbo???

Transporter
08-02-2009, 07:24 AM
I think it would make a great retirement vehicle although I also still have a few years to go until I reach that status. I'm sure by then VW will have something probably even more tasty for us to sink our teeth into :driver: :biggrin:

Russ

IMO if you don't retire very rich, than great retirement vehicle is Toyota, since going back to the dealer to fix the little things would be very annoying.
If you have a lot of money it would be a great retirement vehicle you just send your servant there or arrange the pick up and hire a car for couple of days or weeks. :)

WEDEL.1
08-02-2009, 10:16 AM
I reckon the Mk6 looks great, and just like when all the Mk4 owners were saying their cars looked better, they mostly changed their tune when the Mk5 became more readily available.

I agree. The first time they see Guy's new Mk 6 dropped to its knees with 19" alloys, they will all be lining up at their local Dealers waving a hand full of money :-) .

Maris

Russ59
08-02-2009, 10:24 AM
IMO if you don't retire very rich, than great retirement vehicle is Toyota, since going back to the dealer to fix the little things would be very annoying.
If you have a lot of money it would be a great retirement vehicle you just send your servant there or arrange the pick up and hire a car for couple of days or weeks. :)

I certainly won't be retiring rich, and I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth either (as you might think) I have owned my fair share of cars in years gone by and from experience like with anything you only get what you pay for. I know the servicing costs may be a little more expensive but it really comes down to personal preference and as you said, what you can afford as an initial outlay and towards maintaining the vehicle. At the same time unless Toyota bring out a small powerful diesel engine in say the RAV 4 (comparitive size to the Tiguan) the VW would still be my choice.

I will certainly be doing my homework again when the time comes to buy, and who knows, by the time I'm ready one of the other brands ( ie Ford, Holden ....etc) might have even improved their game sufficiently enough and have a competive vehicle to entice myself and others to change over from VW or Toyota as the case may be. I would personally rather pay a little more for servicing and know that I have a well built, well engineered vehicle with which I should be able to get many years of trouble free motoring from (fingers X'd)

I am entirely happy with purchasing my '08 GT TDI and as long as it continues to give me a reliable motoring experience without breaking the bank in terms of normal servicing and running costs, then I will be sure to give VW strong consideration when making my next purchase. :driver: :)

Russ

Transporter
09-02-2009, 10:32 PM
I certainly won't be retiring rich, and I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth either (as you might think) I have owned my fair share of cars in years gone by and from experience like with anything you only get what you pay for. I know the servicing costs may be a little more expensive but it really comes down to personal preference and as you said, what you can afford as an initial outlay and towards maintaining the vehicle. At the same time unless Toyota bring out a small powerful diesel engine in say the RAV 4 (comparitive size to the Tiguan) the VW would still be my choice.

I will certainly be doing my homework again when the time comes to buy, and who knows, by the time I'm ready one of the other brands ( ie Ford, Holden ....etc) might have even improved their game sufficiently enough and have a competive vehicle to entice myself and others to change over from VW or Toyota as the case may be. I would personally rather pay a little more for servicing and know that I have a well built, well engineered vehicle with which I should be able to get many years of trouble free motoring from (fingers X'd)

I am entirely happy with purchasing my '08 GT TDI and as long as it continues to give me a reliable motoring experience without breaking the bank in terms of normal servicing and running costs, then I will be sure to give VW strong consideration when making my next purchase. :driver: :)

Russ

You've got it right I agree with you on many things and I have to correct my original reply to your comment:
Toyota is good retirement vehicle for many people but not for people like you and me. :)
For many people the car is just the form of transport that they don't give too much of thinking when it comes to time of purchase. :eek:
I don’t like Holden’s and Ford’s chances for building a good reliable car in OZ, it’s too late. :frown:

Mr Messy
10-02-2009, 08:21 AM

The Mk4 still looks better than the Mk5, and always will.

/discussion.

mikinoz
10-02-2009, 08:30 AM

I reserve my opinion until I see 'ring times in the rain! :duh:

I do however think that you are right 100%, as I was in that same boatload of people.

benough
10-02-2009, 08:30 AM
The Mk4 still looks better than the Mk5, and always will.

/discussion.

If you're gonna say that then I am gonna bring in the MK2 GTI into the discussion... :biggrin:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/02/MK2_MK5-1.jpg

Mr Messy
10-02-2009, 09:00 AM
It's pink!!

benough
10-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Ha! Just gotta give it a polish.

The thing is it still looks awesome even if the colour is faded

aliasmk2
10-02-2009, 09:28 AM
It's pink!!

Tornado pink to be exact