PDA

View Full Version : DOVW cruises and details

GoLfMan
13-11-2006, 12:28 PM
orite people lets get organised!!!
DOVW is drawing near and we havent even got any final details.
there is an opportunity for a discounted early entry for $10 to show your car and get it judged etc. Let me know and I can photocopy you a form and enter you into the event, these early entries close this friday (17th).

First port of call is the Saturday cruise!

meet at albert park at 6pm
cruise to williamstown wash place (Carl are you organising that?)
grab some fish and chips and enjoy the scenery and conversation on the waterfront

any other suggestions for this???

The DOVW cruise (sunday)

Meet at Essex Rd Car park, Melways reference 61 B9
meet at carpark at 7:45am
cruise to cranbourne race course and possibly stop off at maccas drivethrough for brekkie if required
arrive at DOVW and enter in the event

Also i want definate in's for both cruises.... Cheers

LETS GET CRACKING PEOPLE

SOHC
13-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Wheres the location of the car park as you mention??
not having my car in the show is 10bucks as well??
Guessing we will meet around 6 on Saturday night??

Cheers
carlson

gtigrl
13-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Well as you know I am a definite for the Sunday and meeting up down that way is a better idea. You just need to post the time to meet, address and Melways Map number please.
But I have a family bbq at 3pm on Saturday so for a couple of hours so I shall be outta circulation but I reckon I can catch up to wherever you guys end up in Williamstown :).... what happens if it rains on Saturday??

GoLfMan
13-11-2006, 01:30 PM
we need a time to meet up on saturday.... as carlson said... maybe 6pm???
if it rains on saturday its our bad luck and me may or may not have to cancel or make other arrangements...

the Car Park is on Essex Road just off Huntingdale road in Mt Waverley/Ashwood. i think a good central spot for the location of the event.

SOHC
13-11-2006, 01:47 PM
sorry Golfman one more question, is that we have to be there on Sunday before 9am or so??

Cheers

GoLfMan
13-11-2006, 02:19 PM
yeh definately before 9am on Sunday, to beat the rush to the gates and to get good parking spots for those who arent entering the event

MK2 GTI
13-11-2006, 05:03 PM
this year is a bit different, the vwcv newsletter says cars are being displayed as certain types (Eg. Golfs,kombis, beetles) which i think is better anyway.

GoLfMan
13-11-2006, 05:25 PM
i think so definatey!! that meens all us watercoolers will be in the one spot :D
i think we should aim to BE at the enent at 9pm... that meens a 8:15am meetup at the said carpark!

gtimk5
13-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Melways reference numbers would help me, for sure! Don't know what suburb that is either?? Don't really know Melbourne either!! :?

GoLfMan
13-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Melways reference numbers would help me, for sure! Don't know what suburb that is either?? Don't really know Melbourne either!! :?
we have to finalise details first mate but i will get them ASAP for you :)

golf3
13-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Great Idea...

For those that know volkspower's location, here is an idea of where to go...

Melways: 61 B9

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8779/dovwhc6.jpg

ausgolfer
13-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Doesn't take much to organise the carwash really, just follow me down there, 5 mins from the beach.
There's 7 wash bays and the auto machine, then there's about 8 vaccume bays. Might take a while to get all the people through as it can get busy, but all adds to the fun.j:

Tim
13-11-2006, 08:48 PM
thats ok if i end up making it to this one u can wash my car whilst u wait.

GoLfMan
13-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Great Idea...

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/
yeh mate thats exactly where the carpark is literally 2 mins from Volkspower :)
does eveyone like the idea of meeting at this carpark on sunday at 8:15am?? or even earlier??
the carpark can be locked so i will check that it doesnt get locked on weekends, even if it does there is plenty of parking up and down Essex Road :)

So we will meet at the Albert Park meeting point at 6pm on saturday and going from there, following Carl.

SOHC
13-11-2006, 10:45 PM
i reckon we should meet at 7ish 8?? and get goin 8:15?

GoLfMan
14-11-2006, 07:20 AM
i reckon we should meet at 7ish 8?? and get goin 8:15?
true that :) earlier the better

WABIT
14-11-2006, 08:50 AM
im down for whatever time and place :D

wabit

GoLfMan
15-11-2006, 08:53 AM
right so the car park is just off huntingdale rd on Essex Rd... right next to the footy oval and Essex hights primary school, you cant miss it...
maybe meet 7:45am for a 8am departure (we can do a Maccas drive through if anyone gets hungry, i'd love to see the look on their faces :D)
but an early departure time is essential so we miss the hords arriving at the show :)

gtigrl
15-11-2006, 09:14 AM
right so the car park is just off huntingdale rd on Essex Rd... right next to the footy oval and Essex hights primary school, you cant miss it...
maybe meet 7:45am for a 8am departure (we can do a Maccas drive through if anyone gets hungry, i'd love to see the look on their faces :D)
but an early departure time is essential so we miss the hords arriving at the show :)

You'll be lucky if I am outta my jarmies by then j:

ausgolfer
15-11-2006, 03:20 PM
You'll be lucky if I am outta my jarmies by then j:

Are you coming to the show in your jammies?? :D Woo Hoo slumber party.

gtimk5
15-11-2006, 05:53 PM
If we go to maccas then there'll be 2 Ronalds there then!!!!:D

GoLfMan
15-11-2006, 06:22 PM
LOL yeh!!!
in all seriousness guys we really need to get some final details and numbers....
so who is in??

golf3
15-11-2006, 06:25 PM
I'll be in for the Sunday cruise, then show...

As for Saturday, i should still be going, and giving a lift to anyone that needs it...Golfman...?

GoLfMan
15-11-2006, 06:40 PM
I'll be in for the Sunday cruise, then show...

As for Saturday, i should still be going, and giving a lift to anyone that needs it...Golfman...?
yeh cheers mate!!!
saturday details are now on my original post :)

SOHC
16-11-2006, 01:18 AM
I'll be in for both day;)

gtimk5
16-11-2006, 06:06 AM
Well you know i will be there. Just gotta find Albert Park point again!!
Sunday, I reckon that is the go again. A sit down Maccas breakie should have the car park looking good? Easier than eating while driving. :)

ausgolfer
16-11-2006, 07:56 AM
I'm in.

Bring your spare change and piggy banks to the carwash, they have a change machine that allows u to put in 50's, 20's and 10's and it gives u dollars.

GoLfMan
16-11-2006, 09:10 AM
Well you know i will be there. Just gotta find Albert Park point again!!
Sunday, I reckon that is the go again. A sit down Maccas breakie should have the car park looking good? Easier than eating while driving. :)
where are you staying mate?
yes very true, grab Maccas then eat it at the Carpark, hopefully there is one nearby!!!
Andrew are you entering your car into the event?

EUS GTIMK5
18-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Having never been to DOVW - so appart form lots of hot looking VW's (which is probably reason enough to go) what else is on at DOVW? eg after market supplires :?:

GoLfMan
18-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Having never been to DOVW - so appart form lots of hot looking VW's (which is probably reason enough to go) what else is on at DOVW? eg after market supplires :?:
i think there is all that, trade spaces etc turn up and have a look it'll be well worth it :)

gtimk5
18-11-2006, 02:40 PM
I am shacking up with mr & msr gtigrl for the weekend and sail back monday night.
Yes, I am putting the GTI in the show for interest sake. No good filling the outside carpark when we are there to promote our interest in VWs. That happens most of the time and sometimes there is more VWs outside than in the show area. I went to a show years ago up north in my really good beetle at the time and there was heaps of unwashed or unprepared VWs entered. When I mentioned it to the organiser, he said that that was the owners interpretation of what their car was to them and the local club there promoted it. There areso many people that miss these shows cause they think their car isn't up to it. If we all thought like that, there wouldn't be shows. I am not going there to pick up any prizes, never do. The inside of the wheels were cleaned and polished this morning and the inner guards armoralled . The red calipers are clean and shiny as is the suspension. But they usually are. ;)
Some people have a mental problem when they go, to win trophies and they get upset when they don't! They should save themselves the stress and worry by going and buying there own trophies from a shop rather than sh..canning the club or judges when they don't win. :?
To me, its like another day of work, with VWs of all vintages around!!! At least I won't be bailled up by people as soon as I get there as happens here!
And anyway, yes, there will be a couple of tradestands and there is a swap meet area too
Cheers, Andrew :)

EUS GTIMK5
18-11-2006, 02:58 PM
Thanks GolfMan. I'll have to go and see what all the fuss is about

GoLfMan
18-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Thanks GolfMan. I'll have to go and see what all the fuss is about
well come along to our gathering the day before and also the cruise to the event :)

GoLfMan
18-11-2006, 04:02 PM
I am shacking up with mr & msr gtigrl for the weekend and sail back monday night.
Yes, I am putting the GTI in the show for interest sake. No good filling the outside carpark when we are there to promote our interest in VWs. That happens most of the time and sometimes there is more VWs outside than in the show area. I went to a show years ago up north in my really good beetle at the time and there was heaps of unwashed or unprepared VWs entered. When I mentioned it to the organiser, he said that that was the owners interpretation of what their car was to them and the local club there promoted it. There areso many people that miss these shows cause they think their car isn't up to it. If we all thought like that, there wouldn't be shows. I am not going there to pick up any prizes, never do. The inside of the wheels were cleaned and polished this morning and the inner guards armoralled . The red calipers are clean and shiny as is the suspension. But they usually are.
Some people have a mental problem when they go, to win trophies and they get upset when they don't! They should save themselves the stress and worry by going and buying there own trophies from a shop rather than sh..canning the club or judges when they don't win. :?
To me, its like another day of work, with VWs of all vintages around!!! At least I won't be bailled up by people as soon as I get there as happens here!
And anyway, yes, there will be a couple of tradestands and there is a swap meet area too
Cheers, Andrew :)
yeh i think thats the right attitude mate :) its all about participation and support the more the merrier in what ever condition :D

gtimk5
18-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Well? Thats what its supposed to be about. All getting together and getting ideas act. Not the bloody trophy thing!!! We don't all drive show ponies!!! :D

GoLfMan
18-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Well? Thats what its supposed to be about. All getting together and getting ideas act. Not the bloody trophy thing!!! We don't all drive show ponies!!! :D
yeh we just wish we did j: my car isnt going to be ready :(

SOHC
18-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Andrew you got it right...lol
deciding to get my car into the show ;)

GoLfMan
19-11-2006, 09:51 AM
good on ya mate, enter it its quite a clean mk3 ;)

gtimk5
19-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Thats the spirit!!! We need to make it the biggest watercooled pressence yet! :)
Can someone print up some watercooled flyers to put on our screens for people to take.? Put the word out there on the day. :)

Campaign
19-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Apparently all VW's can park inside the showground.
So don't worry if your's isn't a show winner - just bring it along.
Mine is an everyday driver and DOVW is a good excuse for an annual clean and shine. I am looking forward to some water-cooled company this year.

GoLfMan
19-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Apparently all VW's can park inside the showground.
So don't worry if your's isn't a show winner - just bring it along.
Mine is an everyday driver and DOVW is a good excuse for an annual clean and shine. I am looking forward to some water-cooled company this year.
are you coming on the cruises mate?

gtimk5
19-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Hi Campaign. Do you own the Lhasa green campaign that I have seen at the DOVW years ago? :)

Campaign
19-11-2006, 09:19 PM
It is a Helios Blue Campaign
Don't think I will make it to the cruises, but join you down at Cranbourne.

Paul

joshyd-mk2gti
19-11-2006, 09:50 PM
what time does the event close?

im gona try make it along.

GoLfMan
20-11-2006, 06:41 AM
umm i think the gates close at 11am... so make it there reallll early cos there is a massive turn out i have been told

GoLfMan
20-11-2006, 06:42 AM
what would you guys feel if we made the meet up an cruise to DOVW even earlier so we avoid the rush??

ausgolfer
20-11-2006, 03:17 PM
I think for me the car wash will be more of a final prep/detail as opposed to scrapping off mud kind of wash. As I've been putting the car back together for the last few weeks and cleaning anything I come across it's not too filthy, then again the engine bay can always use a good blast.

SOHC
20-11-2006, 03:57 PM
yea i needa deep clean my wheels too...
btw is there anyone whos gonna distribute the stickers??
so I don't have to rush to the post and don't get them b4 i going home...
I be happy to print out heaps of flyers Andrew

MK2 GTI
20-11-2006, 04:48 PM
I won't be able to make it, I gotta have a massive clean out of 4 cars to do on saturday lol.

gtimk5
20-11-2006, 05:09 PM
I will be bringing the stickers over with me. I don't think anyone will turn up on sat evening with a grubby car but a quick refresh will probably be needed. I hope the weather stays fine over the weekend. Don't want it too hot though. Tasmanians aren't used to really hot weather at this time of the year! And, by geez! You look like you are getting some warm days at the moment......
Looking forward to catching up with you people again. Cheers, Andrew :)

ausgolfer
20-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Awesome to hear about the stickers Andrew.

I speak for myself and I'm not used to the hot weather either j:

Can't wait to see all the vw's together again.

GoLfMan
20-11-2006, 05:29 PM
the final details are now up guys, with melways references and stuff...
cheers :)
im looking forward to it!

gtimk5
20-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Where golfman?? Can't see em mate. :?

simex
20-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Where golfman?? Can't see em mate. :?

Page 1 - First post

GoLfMan
20-11-2006, 06:10 PM
Page 1 - First post
thanks mate :)

SOHC
20-11-2006, 07:18 PM
thanks Andrew, yea its at hot as like I am sitting in a ricey car wearing a helmet...

YellowDieselGolf
20-11-2006, 08:55 PM
eek. I just had a look at the map and cranbourne is much more south than I thought.

GoLfMan
20-11-2006, 08:56 PM
eek. I just had a look at the map and cranbourne is much more south than I thought.
yeh mate, hope you can make it!!

EUS GTIMK5
20-11-2006, 09:35 PM
I'll try to make it. 7:45 is soooooooooo early for a Sunday:shock:

joshyd-mk2gti
20-11-2006, 10:11 PM
umm i think the gates close at 11am... so make it there reallll early cos there is a massive turn out i have been told

im not putting my car in, im just going for bit of a look-see. it doesnt finish at 11 does it..?

andrew- with the stickers, will you have all the colours? (im after 1 black and 1 white). thanks

GoLfMan
21-11-2006, 06:09 AM
I'll try to make it. 7:45 is soooooooooo early for a Sunday:shock:
come on mate!!! there's a maccas brekkie on the way if you choose to buy it!!!
its once a year, just go to bed earlier on saturday!!! j: i get up at 6:15am every sunday to go for a 50km ride!!

GoLfMan
21-11-2006, 06:10 AM
im not putting my car in, im just going for bit of a look-see. it doesnt finish at 11 does it..?

andrew- with the stickers, will you have all the colours? (im after 1 black and 1 white). thanks
certainly doesnt finish at 11 mate! thats just when the show cars gate closes for no more entries :D

gtimk5
21-11-2006, 06:26 AM
So, how many of you people are going to join in for the drives and attend the show? Its not often enough that get togethers are organised and so they need to be supported otherwise they will never happen. You never know? You might meet a lifelong friend to be. We are a friendly bunch with a common interest, that being VWs. ;)
So lets make an effort to make this the best get together yet on this forum!!
Cheers! :)

GoLfMan
21-11-2006, 07:07 AM
So, how many of you people are going to join in for the drives and attend the show? Its not often enough that get togethers are organised and so they need to be supported otherwise they will never happen. You never know? You might meet a lifelong friend to be. We are a friendly bunch with a common interest, that being VWs. ;)
So lets make an effort to make this the best get together yet on this forum!!
Cheers! :)
here here mate well said ;)
come on people i want some definate ins!

WABIT
ausgolfer
gtimk5
GoLfMan
SOHC
Yellowdieselgolf???
GTIGRL
mk2gti
Peter Jones
simex
golf3
Tim
ausmk1
Campaign??

if i have left anyone out give us a yell.

ausgolfer
21-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Don't quote me but I think it's either 5 or 10 dollars to walk in and and 15 to enter your car(entry included).

BlackVr6ix
21-11-2006, 10:41 AM
I really got to learn to open my mouth.

I'm in

gtimk5
21-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Thats great VR6ix! Be good to meet you mate. The more the merrier.
Cheers, Andrew:)

BlackVr6ix
21-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Thats great VR6ix! Be good to meet you mate. The more the merrier.
Cheers, Andrew:)

Ahh, but Andrew, you have already met me.

gtimk5
21-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Thats the spirit!!! Be good to see the old white golf again! Bit of my blood sweat and tears in that one!!! Be good to meet you. :D

gtimk5
21-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Ahh, but Andrew, you have already met me.

Sorry but that weekend was a blurr for me. Is that the dark blue VR6?
Almost need name tags???

BlackVr6ix
21-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Andrew, Im Andrew the new convert, recently just kicked the disease known as alfa. I Blame Carl!

Black Vr6, factory bbs, leather and a sunroof.

*Edit* haha 69 posts..... im so immature

golf3
21-11-2006, 12:57 PM
There may be more for sunday from the vwvortex aus forum, one definate so far... vr6 race car...

gtimk5
21-11-2006, 01:31 PM
I reckon I'd be pushing it to get him there!!!! Got to do something about Gunter early next year........, After the beetle............. and the kombi.......... and the ute............ Nothing to do down here!!!! Cheers! :D

gtimk5
21-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Weather outlook is looking good. 31 on saturday and 25 on sunday with zero chance of rainfall predicted. Looking good people!! :)

SOHC
21-11-2006, 03:16 PM
oh...nice weather for fish n chips and a car wash on sat night
warm weather on sunday
just remember to bring own tools to wash the car!:D

gtimk5
23-11-2006, 10:11 AM
Ok, so I am about to close up here for the long trip to Melbourne. Got a Guinness waiting in Devonport courtesy of Brackie and then an 11 hr boat trip. My customer with the white mk5 GTI will be on the boat as well as
H2HOO and deluxe in their aircoolers. See you all saturday evening! Cheers!:)

ausgolfer
23-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Awesome, I honestly think this'll be the biggest DOVW ever....;)

Oneofthegreats
23-11-2006, 08:08 PM
I hope so. Car's finished & look forward to meeting everyone again. Still unsure on sat. evening. Depend's on how I go with the cleaning.

GoLfMan
23-11-2006, 09:34 PM
only a couple of days away now :)
look forward to having a drink with you Andrew ;)

WABIT
23-11-2006, 09:46 PM
cant wait , wont be able to bring the car sat night but will do sunday morning

gotta keep people in suspence

wabit

GoLfMan
23-11-2006, 09:47 PM
cant wait , wont be able to bring the car sat night but will do sunday morning

gotta keep people in suspence

wabit
so u aint comin saturday?

YellowDieselGolf
23-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Not sure I'll make the GTG, but I'll be at DOVW

BLKMJC
24-11-2006, 03:00 AM
ahhh wanted to come to this :( Wont be able to make it Saturday, and doesnt look like Sunday either :( Lots of work just came up I'll be working thru the weekend just to catchup.

Maybe I can make it for a few hours, will see.

Cyas then if I can.

BLKMJC

GTIputih
24-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Great Idea...

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/
I can't join the saturday but will be joinning in on sunday meet up @ the carpark. is the time fixed yet? 8am ?

GTIJNR
24-11-2006, 08:13 PM
OH my gosh, i totally forgot bout this!!!! got work on sat till 4-5 so i'll get the car clean then, but i'll prob be at Essex carpark on Sunday lol, aldaway from Western sub Deer Park... lol first time for a VW cruise, be easy on me guys lol. So what is the final call? 8am??
And where is the car wash for sat in williamstow??? I may pop by after work?

Tim
24-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Yeah can we get a street address for the car wash on sat night? I just remembered im gonna have to go and vote after work. So ill probly be running late. will be a mad dash. knock off work at 5pm. vote. then keysborough to albert park by 6pm. Doubt it!

SOHC
24-11-2006, 11:47 PM
oh pretty looking forward for tomorrow!!
lets make it 7:45meet up 8:00 get goin on Sunday?

ausgolfer
25-11-2006, 08:29 AM
The car wash is on the edge of Williamstown on Kororoit Creek Road

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

YellowDieselGolf
25-11-2006, 10:40 AM
I might be a go-er for the sunday cruise. Not sure yet.

Leaving for melbourne . . . now!

gtimk5
25-11-2006, 10:49 AM
So guys and girl, is it going to rain or not??? See you tonight. Cheers, Andrew :)

ausgolfer
25-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Online weather report says 25 today and 20 and partly cloudy tomorrrow....
Hope it won't rain....

WABIT
25-11-2006, 11:26 AM
ill drivemy car over the westgate if it rains!!!!!

wabit

GoLfMan
25-11-2006, 12:01 PM
FINAL DETAILS ON PAGE 1 ORIGINAL POST
meet at 7:45am for a 8am departure :)

Peter Jones
25-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Just finished cleaning the Golf. See you all bright and early.

I've got your mirror on board GolfMan.

Pete

GoLfMan
25-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Just finished cleaning the Golf. See you all bright and early.

I've got your mirror on board GolfMan.

Pete
cheers mate cya soon :D

Peter Jones
26-11-2006, 05:49 AM
Happy Volkswagen Day Victoria! :D

Pete

GoLfMan
26-11-2006, 03:28 PM
ditto, thanks for a great weekend guys :) pictures soon!

golf3
26-11-2006, 03:38 PM
See the new thread for the after party!