PDA

View Full Version : Spray painter in Perth

MattyT
03-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Looking for a spray painter to colour code some small body kit parts for the golf.

Just got quoted $250 by lombardi bros :eek: I'm sure they'd do an amazing job but I was hoping for less.

faisan
03-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Which parts are you getting painted?

I want my side skirts painted and have been quoted $700 - $800 by a few panel beaters to do this. I would jump at $250!

MattyT
03-02-2009, 09:08 PM
My fake kamei bumper air in takes + hella dual round surrounds. Really small parts.

It looks like this spray painting business is pricey stuff!

geoff_gti
03-02-2009, 09:35 PM
I was thinking Lombardi too, I reckon if I were to get my bumpers and bonnet done it would be a couple of grand, so $250 ain't so bad by comparison :D

zz2
03-02-2009, 09:38 PM
just say you will pay cash. theyre bound to knock off a few $$ that way.

go see Nick and Alberto smash repairs in Ossie Park and speak to the head painter Angelo directly. he did a tops job on repainting my mirror after it got scraped and he only charged me $80 cash.

Gipson
04-02-2009, 11:28 AM
hey mate place called outer limits in cannington are reslly good, had a whole getz front end eye matched perfectly by them not long ago. real nice blokes too tell them itll be cash and they'll beat any other offer.

tinto
04-02-2009, 12:03 PM
thread jack.

Are Lombardi up to fitting side skirts and other body bits?
I'd imagine they would be.
I have a set of mkv GTI skirts to fit (to hide my jackstand dent shame).

then mrx will give me **** about having a confused car :(

FJ Steve
04-02-2009, 12:32 PM
no-one needs poor excuses like that to give you *** about a confused car:nana:

mrx
04-02-2009, 07:12 PM
My fake kamei bumper air in takes + hella dual round surrounds. Really small parts.

Sounds like a DIY job to me. Autopower Car Paint in Balcatta will do a good job of matching the paint for you and put it in a spray can for about $25.

then mrx will give me **** about having a confused car :(

Oi! What have I done? :???:

tinto
04-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Oi! What have I done? :???:
Oh crap. It wasn't you. I'm sorry! :duh:

*checks history*
it was -mission-

back on topic.

I went out to get a quote today to Lombardi's but didn't take the skirts...
so they couldn't quote on the spot... they said they don't normally touch 'body kits' but could quote on fitting it.
I figure if they are capable of rebuilding a mangled Jaguar, they're capable of popping a few holes into my sills to stick some plastic on.

roccodingo
04-02-2009, 09:57 PM
$250 is a cheap price... unless your doing it yourself..

Be aware Matty that plastic parts will need the correct addatives in the paint ( flex agent) and possibly a different primer depending what type of paint your asking for.

MattyT
04-02-2009, 11:24 PM
I just want it to be the exact same colour as the body of the car.

I'm going to get a few more quotes tomorrow but will probably end up taking it to lombardi. They were utter professionals and zero BS - I like that. Also 2 aston martins parked out the front was nice, heh.

They had a little purgoet they'd just done a full respray on, it looked amaaaaazing. I'd love to do that for my car... pitty that they quoted me $9k for it :eek:

zz2
05-02-2009, 01:39 PM
They had a little purgoet they'd just done a full respray on, it looked amaaaaazing. I'd love to do that for my car... pitty that they quoted me $9k for it :eek:

was it a 205GTi??? :eek:

mrx
05-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Be aware that one of the members of the GolfMkV forum got his rear GTI bumper colour coded by Lombardi (via the Osb Park dealership before delivery) and sent it back, because they hadn't bothered to smooth it off first - so they ain't perfect either.

Tinto, that's probably why they say they wont usually do colour coding?! BTW I said the wheels looked too big, nothing about being confused - haha! :nana:

tinto
05-02-2009, 08:49 PM
oh yeah... "wheels too big for a car that car jacked up" comments of this ilk cut deep and cause a guy to buy wider wheels to stretch the tyres and coilovers. heheh :) who said peer pressure was dead?

I popped back out to Lombardis today, so they could look at the skirts and they said they didn't want to do it unless i could leave the car there for a couple of days.

I have a feeling they are more interested in the insurance jobs they get - and they have a hell of a lot of those. The guy i spoke to went so far as to say all their accident jobs get priority.

So I'll take it to a place where they're actually interested in doing an easy job for some quick cash. VW did recommend someone, so I'll give him a call (should have just done this first).

faisan
05-02-2009, 08:55 PM
So I'll take it to a place where they're actually interested in doing an easy job for some quick cash. VW did recommend someone, so I'll give him a call (should have just done this first).

Please keep us in the loop about this tinto. I still want to get my Jetta skirts painted and am still having trouble finding someone to do this for a fair price.

tinto
05-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Please keep us in the loop about this tinto. I still want to get my Jetta skirts painted and am still having trouble finding someone to do this for a fair price.
I just want to get mine fitted (not painted) - I quite like them in black :)
Matches the nappy at the back and the lip spoiler.

But I'll ask the guy VW recommended if he does colour coding too.

zz2
06-02-2009, 12:31 AM
VW did recommend someone, so I'll give him a call (should have just done this first).

if its Bowra Panel and Paint dont you even dare! remember the story about what they did to the spoiler on my old BMP lemon? :duh:

MattyT
06-02-2009, 11:25 AM
was it a 205GTi??? :eek:

It might have been! T'was red. Brrilliant glossy red.

If you just want the bodykit fitted dude, go to a mechanic?? Golfwagen would probably do it for you in 30 mins...

Honestly the people I spoke to at lombardi were happy to do the job and said they could do it in a day. I'm not sure why they would say otherwise. I have heard several less-than-positive stories about their work though so hence I'm still going to chase up some more quotes. Preferrably from a place NoR.