PDA

View Full Version : Help with Mk4 Front seat please!!!

Silver dub
03-02-2009, 03:56 PM
I noticed the other day that i had a large spring sitting under my drivers front seat. i worked out it came from the height adjustment. Has anyone had this problem before and can you fix it or do you have to replace the seat frame?

DUB 20V
03-02-2009, 04:00 PM
should go back in, i had the same thing ages ago never bothered putting it back in as i never had a prob with the seat not having it :biggrin:

Manaz
03-02-2009, 04:03 PM
I had something similar happen to my Bora's front passenger seat. If it's the same one (about an inch diameter, around a foot long IIRC) I asked Seb about it, he said not to bother putting it back in, as once they fall out they'll just keep falling out.

Silver dub
03-02-2009, 04:05 PM
yeah i have been doing some research on the net and alot of people have said it wont go back in because it bends the tabs or something were the spring mounts and. some say you have to replace the whole seat frame which is very expensive. It just seems to be a bit sticky and griding when i try put the seat up now whilst i'm sitting in it.

Silver dub
03-02-2009, 04:07 PM
yeah i read about that to. That's why i was asking becasue i wanted to know if it was an easy fix for me to do. i didn't want to pull out the front seat and try fix it if it was just going to fall out agin. yeah mines a bora to.