PDA

View Full Version : ACT noob says hi

Timbo
12-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Hi all, I've been looking for a site where I can discuss my Polo GTI without the topics degenerating into a mush, as can be the case in another place ;)

Hope my expectations might sometimes be met here :?

Purchased a Red GTI with leather and sunroof back in June, and am very happy with it. Also have an iPod connection and Nokia b/t car kit plumbed into the stereo. Replaced the stock brake pads with EBC Greens for a bit more bite and a little less dust.

Moved to the Polo after 3 years of fun with an RX-8, where I played an active part in forums.

I'm keen to try some track days and will also be doing some subtle mods to the car in coming months :cool: so I'm eager to learn from those who have gone before me (and perhaps blaze a few trails myself)

shaneth
12-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Welcome Timbo, Im sure you'll find these forums to your liking. I know i have.

GoLfMan
12-11-2006, 07:55 PM
G'day mate and welcome!
you wont be disscapointed in this forum, its fantastic and informative
cheers :)

pologti_oldfart
12-11-2006, 08:24 PM
Hi Timbo

Welcome to the forum! As a fellow ACT (well Queanbeyan actually!) person and also the owner of a red GTI I am sure I have seen u out and about.

Have you reflashed your ECU yet? Can highly recommend it!

If u haven't u can always have a quick drive of mine to feel the difference!

Timbo
12-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

pgti_of, you probably have seen me. I work over in Fyshwick, so am usually to be found running along Canberra Ave or Dairy Flat Rd.

Yes, a reflash is on my agenda, so I am very interested to compare:cool:

pologti_oldfart
12-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Cool
We will have to organise a get together then!

gtigrl
12-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Hello there and welcome to our forum :) post some pics of your little car

Timbo
12-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Sounds like a great idea. I'm always up for a 'spirited' drive in the proper, safe circumstances;)

Have you tracked yours at all? I have a mate in Sydney with an Oettinger flash. We both tracked at Wakefield before and would look forward to something again

Timbo
12-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Hello there and welcome to our forum :) post some pics of your little car
I'll take some tomorrow and post 'em up, before I get shamed :oops:

gtigrl
12-11-2006, 09:03 PM
I'll take some tomorrow and post 'em up, before I get shamed :oops:
good good ;)

pologti_oldfart
12-11-2006, 09:05 PM
No I haven't tracked yet but it is definetly on the agenda.

With the reflash just in every day driving there is a huge difference!

PoloGTi
12-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Hey Timbo good to see another polo on here i cant get over how thease little beasts have taken off love it all the more i say. Hope the forum is good to you every one on here is really nice and will help you out with any questions.

DubSteve
13-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Good to have you on here mate. Great to see another VDub person in the midst of it all. hope it is all good for you.

Timbo
13-11-2006, 07:54 PM
I promised a couple of pics. Taken today. She was nice and clean yesterday, but we had some pretty heavy rain, and I happened to be driving in ti. Still, stayed pretty shiny.

I also include one of the interior, since the leather and sunroof is all I have to boast about at the moment ;) j:

Lima
13-11-2006, 11:01 PM
G'day Timbo ... I often see one or two, sometimes even three, Pogos on my daily commute to work. Usually a red one, a white one and a black one. So if you see an Indi Blue MINI, with a white roof, around the lake, near Barton on Wentworth Ave around 8am, that'll be me.

:cool:

Cheers Liam