PDA

View Full Version : general section clogged up

gpk_gti
01-02-2009, 01:21 PM
is it me or has anyone else noticed a over abundance of posts related to specific models of the VAG range???? also threads that could be related to specific sections within our forum.

posting threads in their specific section not only allows them to be easily found again and being useful to another user but also keeps the general section not overflowing at the seams...............:biggrin:

I think this should be altered "This is where you can have your say. But remember...We are a public forum and the same rules of propriety hold! No bad language, incitement of hatred or antisocial posts, please. They will be edited or deleted mercilessly!"
to say exactly what exactly "general chat" exactly means.
From what I understood it to mean was that anything that didnt already have a place within our forum was posted there eg-
-asking about movies GENERAL
-asking advice about buying a house -GENERAL
-asking about a mk5 golf -MK5 FORUM
-beetle video ad -BEETLE FORUM
-CHAT ABOUT FORUM direction/reputation -user tips and forum suggestions
-wheel adaptors-WHEELS AND SUSPENSION

could go on and on ,you get the idea..... im not saying that I myself have not been guilty of posting also in the wrong section but I do know some people have been posting there on purpose to get more replies.
if we continue to post everything in general then maybe we should remove all the sections and just post up everything in that section?????

revnit
01-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Most car web forums have a General "car" talk and a off topic area i think an off topic section is needed to split up the general section easiest solution.

Also just to add this site is heavily moderated with appointed moderators some of these posts could have been moved to there allocated section in most cases this happens but have seen a few slip though.