PDA

View Full Version : New Bora 4Motion Owner

EddiePscetti
30-01-2009, 07:20 AM
Heya, I just got my VW 4Motion a couple of weeks ago. It's nothing spectacular yet, but I do have some plans for it. Anyway, here's some pics.

(Is it me, or do all 4Motions come in black?)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/01/DSC_0089-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/01/DSC_0088-2.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/01/DSC_0087-3.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/01/DSC_0086-3.jpg

dubbed
30-01-2009, 07:50 AM
Beautiful car mate. They'd have to be the best value car on the market at the moment - all the luxury trimmings, a nice engine, and plenty of refinement.

You're right, I rarely see 4Mo's in a different colour!

What are your plans for her?

Fury
30-01-2009, 08:16 AM
Nice ride! Welcome to the BoraHood!

Mine is dark blue, and i've seen a few silver 4mo's around.

Mr Messy
30-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Geez I love the black/tan combo! I think it has a lot to do with a model 550 maranello I had as a kid...

Boro 4mos are awesome.

EddiePscetti
30-01-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm not really sure yet. I'd love to put a pair of 17"s on it, and maybe a brake kit (any suggestions are most welcome!) I'd like to change out the CD head unit for something more recent and supports MP3/USB/SD. Also, whoever owned the car before me installed a nokia car kit, but I have a newer phone and it won't work with what's there. So that is definitely getting changed since it's already wired into the car.

Other than that, I probably won't change that much. I'm glad the car had the tan interior, and that's probably what drove me to get it. I just love the car and the way it turns heads, especially when peope realize it's not a run of the mill Bora. I've had more then one VW come racing up behind me to take a look.

Fury
31-01-2009, 08:13 AM
Turns heads?
My Bora hardly turns heads.
I got more looks in my bog stock excel then i do in my 4mo :(

anthony
31-01-2009, 08:24 AM
Congratulations on your Bora,it is beautiful.
I think most of them are Silver.
I would leave the standard alloys,they look fantastic.

EddiePscetti
31-01-2009, 11:01 AM
LOL! Well, not everyone looks, but you have to admit you don't see many around.

wombat
31-01-2009, 03:37 PM
I only ever see black ones. and I have to agree with Fury. its such an incredible sleeper. Its very good at staying discreet I think. :)

I have the black interior and the more I see the tan I wish I had got it. looks great in your pics.

One thing I have really appreciated doin gis putting koni rear shocks in. has really tightened up what was a pretty sloppy back end (I thought! :p)

but then, still a newbie. could be waaaay off. :)

phaeton
01-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Cool Bora welcome to VWwA :D

EddiePscetti
01-02-2009, 07:52 AM
To be honest, I don't really know that much about tuning cars. Most of the info I read praises this and bags that, or the other way around, so it's hard to get good solid information so I tend to shy away from it. I know the Bora isn't a 'race car', but then on the oher hand it's got quite a bit of kick to it when you need it.

The tan interior is great, especially since it's been hotter then anything around here the last couple of days.

Also, since I'm new to VW's, is the Bora the same thing as the Jetta VR6? Are the parts interchangeable?

EddiePscetti
01-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Thanks Phaeton!

anthony
01-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Yes,the Bora V6 is the same as the A4 Jetta VR6,but am not sure if those were 4 wheel drives.

goodfella
01-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Welcome to the v6 Bora clan...

Just confirming that the US local Jetta VR6 (gli model) is same engine except they never got any 4motions except for Mk 4 R32.

If you want to check out some US online stores, check out :
www.ECStuning.com or www.germanautoparts.com

Bay_Bora
07-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Hi All,

I have just acquired a blue Bora V6 (tan upholstery) and just love the car! Absolutely a dream to drive - silky smooth. Almost 100,000 km but seems in excellent condition apart from some minor issues. The only negative is that my partner will mostly get to drive it as she and I work in opposite directions - we have only one car and I ride a motorbike to work (Yamaha FJR1300 - also a spectacular form of transport). Before I bought the Bora I checked this web site and was very impressed by all the comments. I was also considering a (2nd hand) BMW 318i, but when I checked the forum for that vehicle most of the posts were complaints. This (Bora) forum had some issues but everyone 'raved' about the car. It is the second VW I have owned, the first being a Beetle many many years ago - no comparison :) !

So, thanks for all your comments - they certainly helped convince me to go ahead with a superb car. I will post piccies at a later date.

Cheers,

EddiePscetti
07-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Congrats on the buy. I think you'll like the tan interior, I know I do, especially when it's hot!

peedman
07-03-2009, 08:46 PM
There are a few colours ive seen black, silver, blue and red with the first two being the most common. Congrats on ur purchase btw :)