PDA

View Full Version : After market Pioneer AVIC-F900BT

chur
24-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Hi all

I just bought and picked up a 09 Tiguan in the space of 5 days, as such I didn't really get a choice on options etc.

Essentially I would like an in dash nav/bluetooth stereo and am currently looking at getting the Pioneer AVIC-F900BT, I was wondering if anybody has had this fitted to their Tig and could share their experience.

Aside from the obvious in terms of how does it look fitted etc, I'm curious if the pioneer bluetooth will work with my "phone" button on the steering wheel and by taking the factory stereo out I'm assuming I lose the parking sensor display (which my wife deems important).

Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Transporter
25-01-2009, 07:16 AM
Hi all

I just bought and picked up a 09 Tiguan in the space of 5 days, as such I didn't really get a choice on options etc.

Essentially I would like an in dash nav/bluetooth stereo and am currently looking at getting the Pioneer AVIC-F900BT, I was wondering if anybody has had this fitted to their Tig and could share their experience.

Aside from the obvious in terms of how does it look fitted etc, I'm curious if the pioneer bluetooth will work with my "phone" button on the steering wheel and by taking the factory stereo out I'm assuming I lose the parking sensor display (which my wife deems important).

Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Who drives the car most - your wife or you?
If it's her the decision is her's.:)

clip
25-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Why not go the AVC9000? It has everything you need plus the reversing camera, - and looks OEM, not like an aftermarket add on. If you want better sound quality, upgrade the speakers and add an amp (if you want) and sub (mandatory). Will still sound much better than the Pioneer with the stock speaker setup.

chur
26-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the idea about the avc9000, I've started looking into it.