PDA

View Full Version : What price for RS?

zykyra
23-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Hi guys, I am new to the forum and currently looking around for an RS to buy. If anyone doesnt mind I would l love to hear what everyone has paid on road. I am confident from discussions with the local dealer I can get an 08 plate down to $34k drive away. Does that sound ambitious or about right? I have noticed online that the Vic Skoda dealer seems to be very keen on pricing.

Cheers,

Justin.

mrgolf
23-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Now is a good time. $34K for an RS is great value. Sedan, I assume...

It is a good time for a couple of reasons. Skodas launch in Australia has been hit hard with the financial downturn, so they are keen to sell cars. Dealers get more desperate towards the end of the month if quotas have not been met. The other reason is that Skoda are currently offering driveaway on Octavia with $2K worth of free extras. They are keen to deal.

woofy
23-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Hmm you might get that...or you might be aiming a tad low. Mine was sitting out the back so was stock physically clogging up room. I wanted the sunroof but got the front sensors as well for nothing as they happened to be already there. I know VW kicked in some money to meet my trade in demand. They might offer you a demo for that money. Try 36k with some extras and you will probably get it, they don't seem to have a lot of RSs around so you'll have to take what they have. It's really hard to say at the moment as I had a trade in to deal with, which was more the sticking point, the driveaway deal was going last year when I got mine, just the 2k extra stuff is new, although I got more like 3k of stuff with mine, plus driveaway stuff free, but I probably could have got a tad more for my trade in privately, and I know what they sold it for, and yes they made a little bit but not much.

They also are probably offering more off the non RS cars as they are pretty much not made anymore whereas the RS will be for most of next year, all orders should really be for the new ones, which I'm thinking might appear at the Melb car show yet.

Either way, you can bet for sure that you will probably never get a brand new RS for these kinds of prices ever again, even with the crisis, VW, Audi and Mazda are all still having record sales, if that doesn't flow onto Skoda I'll be surprised. Also they are predicting once last years stock is gone prices will go up for all makes as new stock will cost more. If I get half attached as I think I will, I suspect in 3-4yrs time I will be paying a whole lot more for the next version.

I ordered a portable high pressure cleaner in late Nov which is coming next week, they had to order more stock and by the time they got it, prices had gone up $40 wholesale, (unit was only $150 to start with for me) so you can see the effects of our crap dollar already.

silvrs
28-01-2009, 12:44 AM
The Perth dealer sent their 07 ex-demo red vRS wagon to auction just before Christmas. It had 11k on the clock and came with sat-nav, sunroof and front sensors. I think the reserve was around $30k, it didn't sell the first week but was gone after second week. Not sure of sale price but will try to find out.
With all the extras it was over $42k list price so a bit of depreciation after 12 months!!!

woofy
28-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Hmm but the first year is always the worst depreciation, you lose 1000s just driving out of the showroom and it was 11k and a demo car....all things add up. 11k of bunny hopping and people abusing a car is quite a bit!

Sending it to auction doesn't inspire huge prices either but desperation.

SteveH
28-01-2009, 04:15 PM
The dealer in Ferntree Gully, Melbourne has new RS hatches advertised at about $34,900- drive away. They have been advertising them for this price for a month or so now as well, so I am guessing you may even be able to knock some of this price as well.

woofy
28-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Bugger they peeved me, so didn't enter any discussions with them......they might have played harder, although with the extra stuff I got, it probably works out the same.