PDA

View Full Version : Canberra - Panel beater/Spray painter ?

gregozedobe
21-01-2009, 06:00 PM
My 6 month old pristine Octavia RS got scrunched in a car park today (while I was off shopping :bangheadwall: ). It needs a new mudguard (and spray) at least.

I've heard good things about Tony Ferrugia in Fyshwick. Any comments or other recommendations in the Canberra/Qbyn area ?

Lima
22-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Farrugias removed a kangaroo from the bonnet of my MINI. Nothing to complain about other than they left one of the headlights out of alignment. But apart from that they did a very good job.

David Smash in Queanbeyan did a good job colour coding our GTI. I've heard good things about them in regards to accident repair from a good mate as well. His family lives out of town and have had a few kangaroo issues rectified with them. Ask for Mark, he's a good guy.

jamesatfish
22-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Ferrugia is fantastic - they're certainly the locally preferred repair shop for most 'premium' cars in the ACT and their quality of work has always been fantastic (certainly for the few times we've needed his services over the years and from others who have taken their Euro cars there). They can have a bit of a waiting period though - when someone backed into our Beetle Cabrio it took them about 2 months to do the repairs and probably about 6 weeks of that was waiting for our spot in their work schedule.

Terry Pulford (also in Fyshwick) are also highly recommended and that's where we take our company cars when we need them back on the road ASAP.

gregozedobe
25-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Thanks Guys, I've booked my Octy in for a quote at TF's on 18 Feb. It's quite OK to drive (just a bit unsightly) :(

gregozedobe
18-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Well, I finally went to Tony Farrugia's for my long-awaited appointment for an assessment and quote today.

I am very, VERY unimpressed !!!!!

Despite having the booking for nearly a month, when I rolled up at the time I was told to be there, the woman on reception tells me, "Sorry, we don't do Skodas, we aren't an 'approved repairer' for them". What The .... ! After making me wait all that time, now you tell me you aren't interested. They didn't even have the good manners to phone me to save the trip specifically to see them. I'm speculating they already had plenty of work on hand and so couldn't be bothered with mine, but that's not the way to run a good business IMO.

They might have a good reputation as crash repairers, but their customer relations skills fall a long, long way short of what I regard as adequate.

I'll see what Davids Smash and Terry Pulford have to say.

White Fang
21-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Sorry to hear about your experience Greg! They did a decent job on my previous car, so it wasn't so bad for me.

You might also like to check out Kelly Bodyworks in Mitchell. They were pedantic with my repairs and took about 2 months to fix my T-Boned left side. I couldn't even notice much difference from before the accident! :driver:

gregozedobe
08-11-2009, 01:31 AM
Follow-up report.

My scrunched Octy was repaired by Davids Smash Repairs, but I wasn't particularly impressed. If I was needing panel repairs in future I'd go elsewhere. PM me if you are interested in the details.