PDA

View Full Version : Accessories

woofy
21-01-2009, 10:15 AM
I was never told any real options when I went to visit the various Skoda dealers for the RS, mainly I guess as it has only a few but was wondering what accessories there are. I saw a cargo net in the courtesy car I had (also a hatch) but can't seem to find either whats available or what the pricing is.

Did anyone else get shown a list or even asked? I would have liked inbuilt bluetooth.....but one of the various cargo nets would be useful as well.

brad
21-01-2009, 11:19 AM
I was never told any real options when I went to visit the various Skoda dealers for the RS, mainly I guess as it has only a few but was wondering what accessories there are. I saw a cargo net in the courtesy car I had (also a hatch) but can't seem to find either whats available or what the pricing is.

Did anyone else get shown a list or even asked? I would have liked inbuilt bluetooth.....but one of the various cargo nets would be useful as well.

Cargo net was std equipment on the Elegance & is great.

Other accessories are mats of various descriptions and my sales person sent me this ages back:

Mud spats are available Front and rear cost for parts only $90.00
Rubber Boot Liner available for $177.50
Head Lamp Guards $84.50
Slim line weather shields front $119.00
Slim line weather shields rear $81.40

I bought a universal boot liner from Supercheap fo $30 and mudspats off ebay for $50 for the set (F&R)

Also heres a good place to get ideas http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/

woofy
21-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Unfortunately you probably could have with a goat shield of some sort :)

I don't know why the cargo net wasn't std with the RS sedan, it was an Elegance that I had which would be why it was there, the wagon RS gets it though.

brad
21-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Unfortunately you probably could have with a goat shield of some sort :)

Yes, a .222 lead shield would have been appropriate (and made a tasty bbq afterwards).

maybe your dealer left it out by accident - ask them for a replacement (they cost about $45 IIRC)

NicZA
21-01-2009, 12:57 PM
One of the better option sites I have found is: www.superskoda.com
Pretty much every genuine and non genuine part out there for skodas.
I'm looking at getting the right side under seat storage compartment (the same as the passengers), plus a few more options :)

gregozedobe
21-01-2009, 03:26 PM
I couldn't recommend either the headlight protectors or the slimline weather shields (both Oz made with "Skoda" branding).

The headlight protectors are too hard to get off when you want to (to clean the bug guts that gets underneath them), and too easy to get off when you want them to stay on (one of ours went AWOL somewhere between Canberra and Portland in SE Vic).

I am going to put on the thick plastic film that glues directly to the lens next (bought the 4WD film and will cut it to size).

The weathershields interfered with the operation of the electric windows. I left them on for a month to see if they would squash in enough, but they kept triggering the "roll-back" function when closing. Pity, coz I quite like the way they work on my Transporter.

woofy
21-01-2009, 04:08 PM
I don't really understand why that driver side storage isn't there by default.....then again why are there blank spots on the RS steering wheel where all the controls should be. I was thinking of getting a drivers side box, but most people reckon you need to pull out the seat to get to it properly and also there are apparently some bits missing to do it right.

Jake02
18-06-2009, 06:03 PM
On my RS, we got headlamp protectors and they look fine and do their job well.
I'm from Sydney, but we decided to get them while on holidays at a relatives in Coffs Harbour (theres a dealer there) but the instructions supplied were for the old-gen Octavia and the old-gen bonnet ends at the outside of the headlamp (rather than not going over it at all like the Octavia mk II) so we couldn't actually fit them! We went back to the dealer and even they had trouble fitting them (even though all the Skodas in stock had them). Eventually, they moved the panels around abit and they went on like a charm - but I think a better design is needed!

woofy
18-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Wonder if mud spats can go on the RS......lots of people in the UK find paint damage behind the rear wheels from there.

brad
18-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Wonder if mud spats can go on the RS......lots of people in the UK find paint damage behind the rear wheels from there.
The dealers say they won't but some heat applied to the mudspat on fitment seems to make them conform.

I fitted mine to the standard Octavia with double sided body tape & a single retaining screw.

Got them off eBay for $50 for the 4 delivered from VAG TEAM. I think they are about $100 from the dealer.

These (http://cgi.ebay.com/Mud-Guard-Flag-for-00-08-Skoda-Octavia_W0QQitemZ320384531023QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4a9867fa4 f&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177&_trkparms=240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50)look OK

Dave R32
18-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Cargo net was standard when I purchased my vRS last year.

Cheers
Dave.

jacob_1987
19-06-2009, 09:01 AM
I got these free with my car including :
front and rear sensors
scuff guard thingys on the side near the door
boot lining ropes (one of them is broken actually)
tinting
tow kit

but I've also put some stuff myself including :
Skoda RNS510 picked up from ebay

I've also ordered an original rear spoiler from an RS, front and rear lip spoilers & also spotlights, just waiting on delivery for these parts.

woofy
19-06-2009, 11:06 AM
I don't think the cargo net is standard on hatches Dave only the wagons. I was given a courtesy car once that had a brand new in the holding bit in the boot....maybe I should have borrowed it..lol

brad
19-06-2009, 03:51 PM
I don't think the cargo net is standard on hatches Dave only the wagons. I was given a courtesy car once that had a brand new in the holding bit in the boot....maybe I should have borrowed it..lol

I got the cargo net with my hatch

indulis
20-06-2009, 03:22 PM
So if you didnt get one complain to the dealer!

(it is in the original non-facelifted Octavia II brochure)

woofy
21-06-2009, 09:01 PM
You don't get it with the Hatch RS, but you do get it with the elegance.

aslsw
22-06-2009, 09:31 PM
I watched over the dealer's shoulder as he started assembling some options. Basically, there are factory fitted options and dealer fitted options but everything on there can be found on the options/accessories catalogue found on the European website (except for the range of wheels).