PDA

View Full Version : About to be VW POLO GTI owner / Hello

imprompt
20-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Hi there,

my finance was approved for a new Polo Gti today, I'm quite excited in the anticipation of when I can take one home. I should have the contract/finance / insurance sorted by the end of the week.

I did have one question, the dealership (austral) have advised the car is in Australia on the waterfront in Brisbane (I'm in Brisbane too) and they need to get it delivered, complianced, tested etc before delivery too me.

I believe I've been given a time frame of up to a few weeks, can anyone else here advise their experience in how long it took for them in a similar circumstance?

thanks,

imprompt.

Tim
20-01-2009, 09:52 PM
2 weeks is about right if it has just landed. There are a few stories of it taking longer though

imprompt
21-01-2009, 12:54 AM
I believe it was already waiting in stock, at a holding yard for VW...

Still 2 weeks ain't too bad,

thanks for the advice.

DaveMack
21-01-2009, 01:08 AM
Got mine thru Austral (3 years ago) ... had an 8 week wait. :duh: But that was OK 'cos they told me it would be 12 and I was resigned to that fact ... so my car actually arrived 4 weeks early. :biggrin:

Dave

imprompt
23-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Woo, the car is being prepared for delivery, will have it by this time next week.:)

RhysQ
23-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Woo, the car is being prepared for delivery, will have it by this time next week.:)

make sure you THOROUGHLY inspect the whole car before driving away, especially the paint/body work. don't get over excited and just not worry about it, there have been a couple of cases of pretty poor 'delivery' quality.

most importantly though, enjoy....and congratulations!

i've had mine for a year now and i'm still like this --->:biggrin::driver:

Spec83
23-01-2009, 06:41 PM
I had to wait 24hrs for mine as it was ready for delivery but the owner opted for a Golf GTI at the last minute... Just happened to walk into Austral at the right time :)

VWindahouse
24-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Welcome and congratulations! I hope the wait isn't too long, it will be worth it though!

What spec and colour did you opt. for???? :driver:

imprompt
27-01-2009, 09:08 PM
I went for Red, with no options, tho I did get it tinted.

Seems like I had a misunderstanding with my sales person, they are still awaiting pre-delivery, looks like next week will be my new ETA.

btw. thanks for the tip on pre-drive away inspection, if I see marks etc, I guess I should refuse the drive it away until it's fixed.

On another point, I've read a lot about chipping and it's effect on warranty, what about on insurance? Firstly I imagine it would be difficult for assessors to discover something as benign as a chip re-flash, also the insurance contracts act section 54 relates to acts and omissions in regard to the insured (http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinodisp/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ica1984220/s54.html?query=omission).

edit:

PS: Also I was looking to see if there was a section on interesting drives for everyone's local areas, but couldn't find one. I recently drove to Melbourne and back in my old car and encountered many excellent drives (such as the Snowy Mountains Hwy NSW and the Great Ocean Road VIC) and know of several testing and picturesque enough places within a few hundred km's of Brisbane such as the Mt Nebo/ Mt Glorious Route, the Lion's road/ Mt Lindesay Hwy south of Rathdowney (and Northern NSW in General north of Lismore), and even around the Glasshouse mountains. Is there a place or another site with this sort of info that anyone is aware of?

imprompt
30-01-2009, 12:39 PM
TAKE 2, now it's confirmed my new polo has been taken off the docks and is going to be complianced, tinted etc, I've picked next friday to pick it up ( as it's my day off).

Only seven more sleeps ....:)

Mr Messy
30-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Sweet! Where do you live, we can tell you more about the roads around your area. I like Nasho, Bells, Old Pacific Highway, and the Mudgee to bathurst run via sofala and Mount Wiagdon.

imprompt
30-01-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm in Brisbane so a little far away for Sydney Drives. I do think it would be cool if there was a thread or forum section where people post their favourite drives, and maybe post the google maps link for their routes..

runamuk
30-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Probably not the best idea if you would like to keep 'attention' away from those roads. I never post routes when organising cruises personally.

I'm in Brisbane so a little far away for Sydney Drives. I do think it would be cool if there was a thread or forum section where people post their favourite drives, and maybe post the google maps link for their routes..

imprompt
30-01-2009, 03:20 PM
That's a good point, but most scenic routes are well known and there are many country roads around where 100km/h is an almost ridiculous limit due to winding roads and so forth.

I don't mind sharing interesting places and challenging drives myself and people can only post ones their comfortable with sharing.

Each to their own I hope. People who don't want "extra attention" to their routes shouldn't post them.

Edit: I've posted a new topic in the forum section - User Tips and Forum Suggestions section to cover the idea/topic - http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=25358

Spec83
30-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Could password protect that part of the forum... Only people who attend the cruises on a regular basis could gain access to it that way :)

Welcom to the forum... You will enjoy the polo and us guys in Brissie do like to get out for the occasional run up Mt Nebo et al....

DaveMack
30-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Could password protect that part of the forum... Only people who attend the cruises on a regular basis could gain access to it that way :)

Welcom to the forum... You will enjoy the polo and us guys in Brissie do like to get out for the occasional run up Mt Nebo et al....

Sounds like a good idea, Mark ... might 'push it upstairs' for their perusal.

Trouble with Nebo is ... it's too well known, crowded and often has a blue flashing light on about every second corner ... takes all the fun out of it. :frown:

Dave

imprompt
03-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Perhaps a post limit would be more useful, I'm not sure if I'll be a regular attendee at social events per se...

Just over 3 days till delivery:)

Whubbsie
03-02-2009, 07:19 AM
Perhaps a post limit would be more useful, I'm not sure if I'll be a regular attendee at social events per se...

Just over 3 days till delivery:)

Gees mate only 12 posts in and making great suggestions... welcome by the way.

I don't think I slept the entire week before picking up my polo. :biggrin:

Spec83
03-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Trouble with Nebo is ... it's too well known, crowded and often has a blue flashing light on about nevery second corner ... takes all the fun out of it. :frown:

Dave

So true... :(

imprompt
03-02-2009, 09:01 PM
I only had 3 hours of sleep last night:eek: Made work a lot of fun today.

I can start counting down the hours now, I'd say 60 to go.

Good news with the government handing back $950 in a couple of months, will go well with my car loan / credit card.

imprompt
06-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Finally... rolled out of the brochure and into my life
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/02/FRONT-1.jpg

shaneth
06-02-2009, 04:45 PM
very nice mate. good to see another qld polo to come on cruises.

have to ask how was your austral experience?

DeanB
07-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Gratz on getting a Polo GTI. You will have a lot of fun with it.

My Mrs liked your number plate in your pic, asked me where do you get a cool looking swirly one !! :duh:

dublover69
09-02-2009, 11:41 PM
you will love the polo gti as i do ! as you run it in it gets better and better! i have looked into the chip thing and have found that basically its well just to hard and well the polo just goes very hard any way but if ya want to go for it as a lot of people have said that its great! well done and welcome to the family