PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump cut off

static1800
09-11-2006, 02:03 PM
After my MkI was stolen and being written off, all i can think about is having my new car not follow down the same path. Dad told me about a good idea of having a cutoff switch to the electric fuel pump, so there is no fuel and no pressure therefore no go. Will this idea damage the injectors at all?

I was also thinking about hooking up the starter to it aswell so it cant even kick over.

p.s getting the car tonight YES! finally!

EndlessMKI
09-11-2006, 02:08 PM
After my MkI was stolen and being written off, all i can think about is having my new car not follow down the same path. Dad told me about a good idea of having a cutoff switch to the electric fuel pump, so there is no fuel and no pressure therefore no go. Will this idea damage the injectors at all?

I was also thinking about hooking up the starter to it aswell so it cant even kick over.

p.s getting the car tonight YES! finally!

Just get a Kill switch hooked up. Very easy and will no way impact your injectors.

Good to see you'll be back on the roads soon.

Golf Loon
09-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Yeah a switch on the ignition switched live, or the coil wire is the best.
Car then wont kick or start. Just put the switch in a really random place.

The AUDI 200 I drove the other day wouldnt start unless you pushed in the cigarette lighter :) :)

Dont mess with the pump wiring, as you could cook the relay.

BlackVr6ix
09-11-2006, 02:47 PM
The AUDI 200 I drove the other day wouldnt start unless you pushed in the cigarette lighter :) :)

That is a fantastic idea!

static1800
09-11-2006, 03:29 PM
i was thinking of that to, its to obvious though. I am going to make up a remote switch if i can like remote central locking but for the cutoff switch.

DubSteve
09-11-2006, 05:18 PM

Thats sounds like a good idea. You could have it look like a booster switch lol.:D

syncro
09-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Cut the power to the fuel pump. Much harder to find and will not damage anything.

I used to fit these with alarms.

Oneofthegreats
09-11-2006, 10:11 PM
I agree with the fuel pump. I've had one on my daily for 11+ years now & never had a problem. My advice is to kill the trigger for the relay, or the earth, not the power supply to the relay or the power supply to the pump. Less amp's that way & you won't burn out a good quality switch. .

Done the cigarette lighter one before & lost the element. Had to remove everything & bridge out the lighter to be mobile again, but it is a good concept.

h100vw
10-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Use a switch and a relay and cut the fuel pump wire and removed 30cm of wire. If the folk that certify the alarms for security, think that's OK why just use a switch. If the relay dies, why should it if it's in side the car, you know where it is to bridge it out.

Gavin