PDA

View Full Version : G'day

gtigrl
08-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Firstly welcome to all the new members that have just joined, I havent been online for a while as my little car and I have been moving house to Richmond in Melbourne...sigh! Fitting my whole life from a 3 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom ground floor apartment is killing me:confused:

Update on my lolli is she will have to go back to Volkspower as the flat spot at 5K is getting worse almost to full cutout :( hopefully she'll be ready for DOVW :)

gtimk5
08-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Hey you,I hope this isn't the start of a pike out for the saturday night get together? Always got my GTI to ride in.
Also at the DOVW the Polo will be sitting there all day so don't be worried about the over 5000 rpm stuff for that one anyway.
I don't think they would let the Focus into the show!!:D
Cheers ;)

DubSteve
08-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Good to hear from you again GTIGRL good to see you back online. Sorry to hear about the Polo hopefully it will all be soughted out. Is that under warranty??? So could you get that fixed from Volkswagen???

gtigrl
08-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Hey you,I hope this isn't the start of a pike out for the saturday night get together? Always got my GTI to ride in.
Also at the DOVW the Polo will be sitting there all day so don't be worried about the over 5000 rpm stuff for that one anyway.
I don't think they would let the Focus into the show!!
Cheers ;)
Nah not piking my friend I will be bringing her :) Hey when exactly are we meeting on the Saturday cos I have another birthday I have to fit around it :?:
Just alarming for the car thats all, a friend mentioned it might be something to do with sensors and the gearbox :confused: He has a GT4 Celica and he had cutout because of a gearbox problem too much power ..?? What do you reckon because the Hardings guys did a diagnostic and said it wasn't anything to do with the flashed program?

gtigrl
08-11-2006, 11:27 AM
Good to hear from you again GTIGRL good to see you back online. Sorry to hear about the Polo hopefully it will all be soughted out. Is that under warranty??? So could you get that fixed from Volkswagen???
Going to take it back to Volkspower cos they did the APR set up.

DubSteve
08-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Awesome I had a flat stop on my previous vr6 it would vut out after 5000 rpms then my father changed the fuel filter and the problem dissappeared.

gtigrl
08-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Awesome I had a flat stop on my previous vr6 it would vut out after 5000 rpms then my father changed the fuel filter and the problem dissappeared.
Aaah I have had a suggestion that it could be somthing similar.... thanks I might have a look at that :)

gtimk5
08-11-2006, 11:51 AM
I think that the fuel pressure should be checked

gtigrl
08-11-2006, 11:52 AM
I am going to do all these things ..... and if no luck I'll bring it to DOVW as a project people can put there heads together on LOL!

gtimk5
08-11-2006, 11:55 AM
If someone brings a match then we can easily check for a fuel problem!!!:D j:
(runs for cover now!!!)

DubSteve
08-11-2006, 12:33 PM
HAHAHA I guess thats a fairly good idea any one else could anything else lol

BLKMJC
08-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Welcome back to the forums gtigirl, please take it to volkspower or whoever installed the apr flash. They will be able to test it, flatspots can sometimes be tuning.

Before you take it to VW try to disable the APR flash or remove it, because I'm sure VW wont do anything under warranty after they find the APR flash there... esp if its to do with the engine.

Good luck,

BLKMJC

GoLfMan
08-11-2006, 01:17 PM
welcome back girl hope the move went sweet :D

gtigrl
08-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Oi no one is taking a match to my baby, besides the other half suggested (from a distance) that seeing as we moved inner city I may not need my wheels .... then ducked for the swear words that were flung his way ;)

GTIJNR
08-11-2006, 02:15 PM
Hello gtigrl, is ur new air filter oiled or dry element?

gtigrl
08-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Hello gtigrl, is ur new air filter oiled or dry element?
pretty sure its dry

PoloGTi
08-11-2006, 02:57 PM
ummm i think BMC filters are like K@N and oiled?????

GTIJNR
08-11-2006, 03:04 PM
Have u tried the OEM air n see if prob still appear, oiled air filter can cause prob with AFM, planning 2 get our car chips aswell, will be interesting following whats goin on with ur, hope its a lil prob n easy 2 fix.

gtimk5
08-11-2006, 03:06 PM
no, it has been doing it for a while now

PoloGTi
08-11-2006, 03:09 PM
well i have done this and its been in a year in jan... will have to see what probs i get.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/

The ecu "FLASH" is so worth doing gives heaps of gain love it to bits worth every dollar.

Glide_GTI
08-11-2006, 11:16 PM
I got my polo GIAC'd yesterday, had the APR trial, but decided to give the giac a whirl too. Works a treat, saved a bit of cash on the APR also, honestly I cant really tell any difference between the two. I hope an APR car comes to the drags that seb is organising for comparason sake

brackie
09-11-2006, 05:28 AM
Welcome to another Polo owner. Gee...These cars are selling well! Interesting that you couldn't pick the difference between the chip upgrades. Did you test them on the same roads with the same driving criteria?

gtigrl
09-11-2006, 04:09 PM
ummm i think BMC filters are like K@N and oiled?????
Thanks Rob wasn't really sure :)
Thanks everyone for the advice but heres another annoying thing only had the car under 6 months and even with very few bums going on to my back seats the seat leaver that tilts the passenger seat forward broke off last night :mad:

GoLfMan
09-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice but heres another annoying thing only had the car under 6 months and even with very few bums going on to my back seats the seat leaver that tilts the passenger seat forward broke off last night :mad:
whats happening to the good old build quality of yesteryear :?

DubSteve
09-11-2006, 05:05 PM

:o
Thats no good maybe it was just a faulty one. Maybe they are very fragile.

brackie
09-11-2006, 07:54 PM
It will still be under warranty. Make them pay! (Every fitting on my TDI seems to be made of unbreakable titanium, chromium, reinforced indestructable ........ I can't believe you broke it :???: )

GTIJNR
09-11-2006, 09:51 PM

:o u've gotta b joking!!! Dont scare us lol yeah, Euro cars r great with metalic parts but when its come to rubber n plastic parts... :(

gtigrl
10-11-2006, 08:58 AM
:o u've gotta b joking!!! Dont scare us lol yeah, Euro cars r great with metalic parts but when its come to rubber n plastic parts... :(
Plastic .... and I wasn't pulling on it that hard ;)
Seriously though very annoying and will be stalking into VW South Yarra tomorrow or Sunday to order a new one :(

PoloGTi
10-11-2006, 11:39 AM
Yeah thats really bad sorry to hear gtigrl hope they fix it all up and dont muck you about.

gtigrl
10-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Yeah thats really bad sorry to hear gtigrl hope they fix it all up and dont muck you about.
It is pretty wrong, thought something like that would last longer... but then your cup holder went into melt down:D

Eddy
10-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Hoyhoy.
Were you drunk or sober, sometimes it makes a big difference.

gtigrl
11-11-2006, 01:42 PM
Hoyhoy.
Were you drunk or sober, sometimes it makes a big difference.
Very sober unfortunately :(

gtigrl
11-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Man a girl just can't win..... really tired and on the way to the stupimarket after work and cut a corner and blew my back left tyre out and cut the rim:(

BLKMJC
12-11-2006, 12:12 AM
Sorry to hear it gtigirl :( sometimes badluck just comes in groups :(

Hopefully no suspension damage, with the price of VW rims you might wanna go through insurance. Did you hit a curb?

BLKMJC

Eddy
12-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Man a girl just can't win..... really tired and on the way to the stupimarket after work and cut a corner and blew my back left tyre out and cut the rim:(
Hoyhoy.
Well my diagnose is the early symtems of a drinking problem.

gtigrl
12-11-2006, 09:59 AM
Sorry to hear it gtigirl :( sometimes badluck just comes in groups :(

Hopefully no suspension damage, with the price of VW rims you might wanna go through insurance. Did you hit a curb?

BLKMJC
Oh did I hit a curb! Just misjudged the bloody thing because I was so tired, I think the concentration levels were low (no alcomohol involved ). The thought of replacing a $400 tyre and redoing the wheel alignment, not to mention I still have to look at the rim in the day light to see how bad it is :(.... the car is pristine no more.

Eddy
12-11-2006, 10:11 AM
:(.... the car is pristine no more.
Hoyhoy.
All jokes a side I really do feel for you. Time heals & your little girl will be pristine again, you'll see.

gtigrl
12-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks mate :)

pologti_oldfart
12-11-2006, 09:03 PM
GTIGRL I know how you feel.

I have damaged two of my rims by hitting kerbs! (Both my fault!)

I am taking one tomorrow to a wheel repair shop to see if they can fix it. Here's hoping!

PoloGTi
12-11-2006, 09:54 PM
Yeah i too have damaged my rims very badly on opne rolled the tyre off the rim it seems and hacked up right on the edge grrrr need new wheels any way.