PDA

View Full Version : Business QFM High Performance Street and Track Pads!

gslrallysport
15-01-2009, 03:11 PM
http://gslrallysport.com/shop/pics/QFM_pads3.jpg

GSL RallySport stocks the complete range of QFM Performance Brake Pads!

Queensland Friction Materials is a QLD based disc brake pads manufacturing business which was established in 1989.

The emphasis at QFM as been to develop high quality disc brake pads at highly competitive prices, and this follows through to their excellent performance range!

QFM's Performance Street pads fall into two compounds. The first is the HPX pad which is the perfect choice for street cars looking for excellent braking performance whilst retaining all the qualities of a good street pad. The HPX pads are ideal for high performance street cars looking for higher working temperatures with reduced fade, and also for Four Wheel Drives or vehicles looking to enhance their towing capacity or safety.The HPX pads unlike many pads in this performance range are virtually dust free, whilst maintaining low rotor wear.

QFM's second high performance street pad is the A1RM compound and provides QFM with its club sport track pad. It is ideal for high performance street cars that take to the track to test the limits, whilst still being a streetable pad. The A1RM is ideal for club level rally and hill climb where brakes are required right from the first corner!

SPECIFICATIONS
Formulation - Cold Friction - High Friction - Temperature (C)
HP-X - 0.41 - 0.42 - 0-550
A1RM - 0.40 - 0.48 - 0-780

QFM has an extensive range covering most makes or models, and can also re-line existing backing plates or old pads! If you have a 'hard-to-get-decent-material' pad, let QFM Performance put one of their high performing compounds onto your pads!

Any questions or to order, give us a bell on 1300 884 836, or check out http://www.qfmperformance.com

gslrallysport
15-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Hi all,

First of all let me just say it's awesome to now be a sponsor on VWWatercooled! The above is just our generic ad lifted from our website, but I thought I'd go into a bit more detail on VW specific stuff.

QFM's biggest advantage for alot of you dubers will be that they will put any compound on any pad, so they're not like a Bendix or an EBC where you can only get decent compounds on popular pads. QFM will do one off pads for the same price as pads we order in quantities of 100, like Skyline stuff!

So if you've got an old VW, or a not so common one, and want a good high performance street pad, or track pad we can help. The only problem we may have is some of the later model fancy stuff QFM may not do, but just check with me first as there is ways around that...

Quick run down on the pads:
- The HPX is a Bendix Ultimate type performance pad, good for about 550 degrees, whilst being virtually dust free, and low rotor wear.
- The A1RM is a Ferodo DS2500 type performance pad, good for about 780 degrees, but will still work from dead cold (A1RM and HPX have the same cold friction), and relatively low dust and rotor wear. I run the A1RM in both my daily road car and rally car and it isn't a compromise in either.

Pricing on them is normally $79 per set front or rear in HPX, or $119 per set front or rear in A1RM.

Any other questions just let me know.

Regards,
Greg

Mischa
15-01-2009, 03:20 PM
welcome to the forum. i will definitely be buying from you when my pads run out in 6 months or so :)

gslrallysport
15-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Some of the latest feedback on QFM pads:

A1RM

Well I've just got back from Oz where I spent 2000km's driving on a new set of A1RM pads from gslrallysport.

These are an excellent road-track day pad and a good compromise for those that want one pad to everything!!! Much cheaper then Brands* A, B, C, D etc and as good or better...

IMHO these are excellent, very cheap (mine were about $120 for the fronts IIRC) and HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

If you want a new set of sport pads these are the pad to get!

* GSL RallySport will not publish comparison's between name brands, for the actual brands compared, please click the below link!
http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19733

As to the A1RM pads, I searched and tried many types and brands to keep pace with my motorsport work, and all came up short of my expectations for the Heavyweight VE Calais-V.

I went to GSL and they were oh so helpful. They advised a set of A1RM and I subsequently fitted and have never looked back (I do run Castrol SRF fluid). The pads are awesome once bedded in.

They don't squeel, they are reasonably dust free, perform very well when cold and around town driving, but awesome on the track and twisties.

Plus the pads are reasonably cheap in comparison to some I have had on the car.

I will certainly be getting another set when these ones wear out.

Pete
http://www.brisbanecommodore.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228883&postcount=4

HPX

By the way those pads I put on (front & rear) are bloody excellent. I already had another performance police spec pad, and apart from being dusty as all hell they stopped well. There is a definant improvement even on those!

Unfortunatly I didnt get to clean the wheels but I can see the fingerprints on the chrome are still there after a week. They dont seem to grind or squeal, and I think they have a better initial bite then as you increase pressure pull the old girl up smoothly and purposefully (if that makes sense). Brilliant stuff from pads that cost less than half the price, and are locally made.

Happy as a pig in sh$t. Infact hapy enough to buy a second set to have sit in the shed for next time!
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/612250-post6.html

I have been running the HPX on the front of the convertible for a couple of months now. I have not noticed any dust and the difference to whatever pads were there before is that they perform near 100% from the very first application!

http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showpost.php?p=819941&postcount=17

For more info and reports (with links!) checkout http://www.qfmperformance.com

Cheers,
Greg

gslrallysport
21-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Guys, I had an Ian ring us last friday. I've been trying to get onto him, but must've written his number down wrong as I'm definitely not getting an Ian! :(

I ordered in a set of RDA pads to suit the V Golf, to see if we could get them made up in a QFM, but unfortunately the wear indicator is build in, and is part of the manufacturing process, so unfortunately it's not a pad we can get done unfortunately. We could strip the pads and get them relined, which we do quite a bit of, but you'll loose the indicator, and I'm not sure if it's a closed or open loop. Ie. if the dash light would be permenately off or on.

Regards,
Greg

gslrallysport
27-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Latest feedback:
HPX on an E30 BMW

Ok... really put the pads and rotors through their paces... along the twisties through the dandenongs...

DAMN!! so happy....

No brake fade at all... they were right there when i needed them each and every time!!!

So glad i got them!!

Thanks again gslrallysport!

PS. Once again... no brake dust... http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/1041626-post5.html

mk3pete
27-02-2009, 11:55 AM
i just bought a set for my rears im yet to put them so il c how they go

gslrallysport
27-02-2009, 12:55 PM
What compound?

gslrallysport
12-03-2009, 08:22 PM
QFM A1RM News just in!!!

The guys at the end of the quarter mile look at me weird when i stop from 200 down to 40 in a very short period, it's not that i really want to, it's just that it is so effortless too as the retardation is so great.

I haven't had them on the track yet, but once the speedo is in the three digit zone, those a1rm seem to be the ****.

Best pad i have used so far, higher the speed the better they work, maybe it is a heat thing, but at these higher speeds they really like it.

In saying that they are still perfect on the street, as well, very important to me. No weird noises at all at legal street speeds just once you get the speed up, like freeway + speeds, they work very well.

Would have no dramas recommending them to anyone with a car they need to stop well from higher speeds.
http://performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67240228&page=2

goodfella
12-03-2009, 08:43 PM
I can vouch for Greg and GSL Rallysport, they are genuine and provide honest advice.

I purchased a HD clutch kit for my last car through GSL and it came on time and as described.

gslrallysport
16-03-2009, 01:13 PM
QFM A1RM on a high modified high horsepower heavy weight VE V8 Calais!

I have had the QFM A1RM pads on for a whiles now and they have seen some hard driven Ks and bit of circuit work and they perform extremely well at full noise. What I have noticed of late though is that the longer I have them on the car the better they have become. The pedal is simply getting firmer and more responsive and the stopping power in normal daily drive conditions is even better than when they were new.

The VE Calais-V is one heavy mumma to pull up, but this combo does it well!
http://www.brisbanecommodore.com/forum/showpost.php?p=256604&postcount=12

PeterHBne
16-03-2009, 02:51 PM
I also know of Greg from my Daihatsu days where he was involved with a Daihatsu board. Very genuine guy with great products.

Buy with confidence.

gslrallysport
19-03-2009, 01:16 PM
QFM A1RM on a Nissan S14... and I've never heard them called this before!

I'm running A1RM's f&r - I haven't noticed any excessive dust yet.

Around town & through some hills they feel great, good initial bite that progressively gets stronger until your eyes pop out your skull and your foot gets massaged by ABS. I haven't experienced any noise/squealing with these pads either. I'm very keen to give them a proper run, when I do I'll try and write up some more details.

I came off a set of Ultimates to these, these make the ultimates feel like the OEM nissan pads, prefer them over Green Stuff also.

A1RM: sexual chocolate
Ultimates/Green Stuff: what should be factory pads
Factory pads: feels like your hanging bra's out the window to slow down

(Standard rotors & calipers on an S14)

http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=160364&view=findpost&p=4994091

gslrallysport
26-03-2009, 11:49 AM
QFM A1RM Fitted to an R33 GTR

Fitted a full set of A1RM's to my R33 late last year
Have given them a right caning through the Dandenongs a couple of times now and they are AWESOME!
They seem to give progressively more bite the harder you push them... no fade.
Not too much dust, only tiny amount of squeal (only at crawling speeds with the window down - but you don't get something for nothing)
These pads cannot be beaten for value for money
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=249361&view=findpost&p=4498547

mk3pete
26-03-2009, 11:52 AM
What compound?

i have no idea
i have noticed far less dust though which is quite nice

RhysQ
26-03-2009, 11:54 AM
i have no idea

The HP-X's or the A1RM's pete? When my brakes are in need of a change I will be grabbing a set of these pads, probably the HP-X's.

26-03-2009, 12:09 PM
;301031']The HP-X's or the A1RM's pete? When my brakes are in need of a change I will be grabbing a set of these pads, probably the HP-X's.

Are you sure they make them for our cars Rhys?

RhysQ
26-03-2009, 01:32 PM
haven't looked into that yet Jon, I will when the time comes.

gslrallysport
26-03-2009, 02:05 PM
;301031']The HP-X's or the A1RM's pete?
There's a good chance it was neither of those. The only off the shelf QFM pads are their normal cheap street pad range, which would either be Super Q or Super X pads. It would be unlikely that it's HPX or A1RM as we're the only ones that keep the QFM performance pads in stock, even QFM don't keep stock of their performance pads.

Are you sure they make them for our cars Rhys?
Depends. A lot of the late model stuff QFM don't do off the shelf because it has wear indicators and stuff built it, and a small gold coast company isn't too fussed about sourcing electronics for small volume Euro cars... Having said that MOST of the late model stuff is just prior pads with sensors, so they are available, provided you're happy to bypass the wear sensor.

In the case of pads that QFM don't have backing plates for, we can still get them made, by either sending them old pads, or we personally source backing plates from an overseas manufacturer and get QFM to put material on them. It doesn't bump the price up too much...

If you guys are able to throw part numbers at me that you've bought previously, I can sus out what's what, and work out what we can do. A lot of the listings for euro stuff in Australia is pretty weak, so if you've bought something you know fits, let me know what it is, and that way if saves alot of guess work. Also, if you're chasing QFM pads, don't leave it till the last minute. We've got massive amounts of stock of QFM (as we're basically their biggest performance pad stockist), but anything that we don't have in stock, or that we need to get custom made, allow up to 2 months for manufacture.

Any questions or dramas feel free to give me a bell on 1300 884 836.

Regards,
Greg

26-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Thanks Greg. The only part number I have is an EBC number - DP1479.

Not sure what Rhys is after, but I'm looking for something at the Bendix Ultimate/EBC GreenStuff level (note that Bendix don't make them for a Polo).

gslrallysport
26-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Ok, DP1479 (http://www.jnbk-brakes.com/pic/PN-0221.jpg) isn't a pad tha QFM does, probably could've guessed that... If there's interest we can definitely get some made up. We either need to buy a new pad, and get the laser cutters to copy the backing plate, or if anyone has any old pads they can send to us and copy those, that will bring the cost down.

Rough pricing per set will be $110 in HPX, or $149 in A1RM.

Quick run down on the pads:
- The HPX is a Bendix Ultimate type performance pad, good for about 550 degrees, whilst being virtually dust free, and low rotor wear.
- The A1RM is a Ferodo DS2500 type performance pad, good for about 780 degrees, but will still work from dead cold (A1RM and HPX have the same cold friction), and relatively low dust and rotor wear. I run the A1RM in both my daily road car and rally car and it isn't a compromise in either.

Any other questions just let me know, and also if you happen to have an old set of pads floating around.

Cheers,
Greg

gslrallysport
26-03-2009, 03:59 PM
OR Plan C, if anyone is interested in buying a set of TRW Lucas pads (VERY good pad, can be slightly dusty, but good all round high performance street pad), I can order those pads in, send them to the laser cutter to get copied, and then pass them on.

I could do the same thing with EBC, but their pads are ridiculously overpriced for what you get, so unless someone specifically wanted them I'd go the Lucas which are about $98 for the set...

gslrallysport
16-04-2009, 11:44 AM
More news just in!!!

Just a quick update. Went to Winton over the long weekend with a set of QFM A1RM's which performed outstandingly. The GTiR has very average brakes to begin with which normally fit inside a 14" rim. But the pads (with std rotors) performed extremely well with no fade. Was literlly off my seat slightly standing on the brakes at the end of the straight.
http://performanceforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=840387326&postcount=62

gslrallysport
01-05-2009, 01:52 PM
A1RM fitted to WRX!

I did an AHG tuning arvo on the 24th April and I was in need of some decent pads but as ever money and time came in to the choices of what was available.

I know DS2500 are the usual route to take however I found the pricing of what was available in Perth rather hard to swallow and the interstate postage some people wanted to charge was scandalous so I began to search around for the alternatives and came across GSL Rallysport and the QFM pads....at the time they were even running a half price rears and free delivery offer.

So I placed an order for their A1RM track pads, they had sold out of WRX pads because of the special offer however I was assured that because of the trackday booking my order was priority and I would get my pads on time and at the special offer price. Emails and calls were returned very quickly which was a refreshing change.

As promised my pads were delivered to my place of work on time and I fitted them that night.

Out on the road they felt good from brand new. I gave them half a dozen 80-20kmh 'slows' and they immediately firmed up and they started biting hard. They did not need any more running in.

Under normal driving conditions they feel just like the stock Subaru pads, no squeeling, juddering, grinding and they work just like a stock pad from cold.

On the trackday they worked brillinatly. First corner they worked straight away...by the second and third corners I could really lean on them. We were running 2 laps at a time on the circuit and they did not fade at all or even begin to smell like they were getting hot.

On the skid pan where you are only jabbing the brakes and not building any heat in them they still worked exactly as you would expect.

Now obviously at AHG its only short stints of work but I have no reason to believe the pads would not cope with heavier use. I plan on giving them a go at Wanneroo soon.

Dont be put off by the price guys, these pads really do as they say on the box and make a fantastic every day, multi-use performance pad!!

Just for the record...I have no link to GSL Rallysport or QFM other than being a satisfied customer.
http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/showpost.php?p=356969&postcount=17

gslrallysport
19-05-2009, 03:06 PM
QFM A1RM Fitted to S14 Silvia

Installed my front pads last week (A1RM) with DBA4000 rotors and so far Im very pleased. Initial bite is very good and they seem to pull the car up very quickly. So far much better than my old RB74s.
http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=355242&view=findpost&p=5148992

Manaz
19-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for pads for my brake upgrade (from a 2004 MkIV Golf R32), and the A1RMs pads sound like they could be suitable.

The R32 pads have a wear sensor attachment on them - the sensor itself won't be a worry, as I can reuse the existing one. I have an old set of pads that I'm happy to sacrifice if that's helpful in producing a set of pads to suit.

Your website seems to indicate that you can source EBC rotors as well - I know that EBC do a rotor for the R32, can you source those as well?

Thanks!

gslrallysport
20-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Hi,

I'm looking for pads for my brake upgrade (from a 2004 MkIV Golf R32), and the A1RMs pads sound like they could be suitable.

The R32 pads have a wear sensor attachment on them - the sensor itself won't be a worry, as I can reuse the existing one. I have an old set of pads that I'm happy to sacrifice if that's helpful in producing a set of pads to suit.

Your website seems to indicate that you can source EBC rotors as well - I know that EBC do a rotor for the R32, can you source those as well?

Thanks!
Hi mate,

Is your R32 conversion front and rear, or just front? Just double check your front pads look like this:
http://www.bendix.com.au/user_uploaded_files/catalogue/images/DB1408_Inner_Outer.gif
or if you've got any previous part number I can reference from.

Also, with regards to the rotors, are your front rotors 334mm???

Regards,
Greg

Manaz
20-05-2009, 11:40 AM
It's a front and rear conversion, though the rears are the same as my originals anyway (I have a Bora V6 4Motion with 256mm vented rear rotors), just the calipers are a pretty shade of blue :)

That bendix pad design does look similar from memory, I'll check it tonight. As I said, I have the pads that came with the conversion, and I don't plan on using them (they sat in brake fluid for a while, and I don't trust them), and I'd be happy to send them off for use as a template.

Yep, 334x32mm ventilated front rotors with a 5x100 stud/bolt pattern. I know EBC in the US do a rotor to suit, it's just a pain to get hold of them locally.

gslrallysport
21-05-2009, 10:20 AM
That bendix pad design does look similar from memory, I'll check it tonight. As I said, I have the pads that came with the conversion, and I don't plan on using them (they sat in brake fluid for a while, and I don't trust them), and I'd be happy to send them off for use as a template.
Ok, too easy. If you can send us those pads we can actually just use those backing plates to manufacture some A1RM. Pricing will be $149 for the axle set.

Yep, 334x32mm ventilated front rotors with a 5x100 stud/bolt pattern. I know EBC in the US do a rotor to suit, it's just a pain to get hold of them locally.
Yep, know exactly which rotor it is now, I'll see what RDA/EBC can do for us...

Also got a couple of other good contacts for Euro stuff, where you chasing just standard rotors, or some performance specific?

Regards,
Greg

Manaz
21-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Excellent, I'd be happy to send the existing pads off. If you throw me a PM with details, I'll get them off to you.

The standard rotors are pretty beefy (large and heavy, so they absorb a lot of heat. I'd be happy with something that's effectively an OEM replacement (including the venting), but with grooves for degassing.

Rears are 256x22 vented. Also looking for replacements for those.

gslrallysport
21-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Excellent, I'd be happy to send the existing pads off. If you throw me a PM with details, I'll get them off to you.
Our postal address is no secret! :)

GSL RallySport
PO Box 6657
Upper Mt Gravatt QLD 4122

The standard rotors are pretty beefy (large and heavy, so they absorb a lot of heat. I'd be happy with something that's effectively an OEM replacement (including the venting), but with grooves for degassing.
Ok, I'll see what we can do. I'm waiting to hear back from RDA to see if they can import a set of EBC rotors for us, or alternatively, we do have an overseas supplier we use for alot of specialty European stuff, so if RDA won't import them, I'll try to talk them into at least slotting a set of OEM's for us...

Rears are 256x22 vented. Also looking for replacements for those.
Std $65 each
Slotted $198 for the pair

Manaz
21-05-2009, 12:40 PM
The OEM front rotors from VW Australia are *hideously* expensive. I was quoted $580 each at trade price.

I can get them for less then US$200 each (before shipping) from either GAP or ECS, which makes the trade price from VW in Australia a blatent ripoff - a ripoff I'd like to avoid supporting if possible.

For the price you've quoted on slotted rears, I'll take a set. I'll give you a call later today.

gslrallysport
21-05-2009, 01:47 PM
The OEM front rotors from VW Australia are *hideously* expensive. I was quoted $580 each at trade price.
I didn't mean [OEM] OEM, just OEM style.

We can do the EBC standard rotors to suit for $269 each. Waiting to here back on slotted...

For the price you've quoted on slotted rears, I'll take a set. I'll give you a call later today.Yep, no dramas. If you wanted to hold off and make a decision about the fronts it may bring the shipping cost down...

Manaz
21-05-2009, 02:50 PM
I didn't mean [OEM] OEM, just OEM style.

We can do the EBC standard rotors to suit for $269 each. Waiting to here back on slotted...

Yep, no dramas. If you wanted to hold off and make a decision about the fronts it may bring the shipping cost down...

That's great. I'll give you a call to have a chat anyway. You may be able to help me with something else at the same time :)

gslrallysport
21-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Ok, I know you don't have one, but are you able to supply me a VIN and Chassis number of an MKIV R32?

gslrallysport
22-05-2009, 01:08 PM

I can get them for less then US$200 each (before shipping) from either GAP or ECS, which makes the trade price from VW in Australia a blatent ripoff - a ripoff I'd like to avoid supporting if possible.
Update:

EBC Standard Rotors $265 each
EBC Slotted Rotors $309 each

Manaz
22-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Just to be a pain - are the slotted rear rotors EBCs as well (so front and back would match)?

gslrallysport
22-05-2009, 04:10 PM
No, but all EBC rotors sold in Australia (except those imported under a 'D' number) are RDA rotors that have been gold passivated and slotted In Melbourne under license to EBC.

So, no they're not going to be the same rotors (not that it going to make any difference), but even if you were to order the rears as an EBC you'd still get exactly the same thing.

Manaz
22-05-2009, 05:15 PM
All good, thanks.

gslrallysport
20-07-2009, 03:33 PM
*** August QFM Special ***

Until the end of the August (or sold out) we're having a special on a few QFM pad packages to suit certain applications!

JZA80 Supra 2pot/1pot
8 x Front and rear A1RM, $218 delivered! (RRP $308 delivered)
2 x Front A1RM and rear HPX, $178 delivered! (RRP $258 delivered)

S13 SR20DET 180SX Silvia
12 x Front A1RM and rear HPX, $178 delivered! (RRP $258 delivered)

VE Commodore
5 x Front and Rear HPX, $138 delivered! (RRP $208 delivered)

JA, JB, JD Mistubishi Starion
5 x Front A1RM, $99 delivered (RRP $159 delivered)

JDM AE86 Sprinter
5 x Rear A1RM, $99 delivered (RRP $159 delivered)

VB-VS Commodore, EF-BA Falcon
5 x Rear A1RM, $99 delivered (RRP $159 delivered)

Any questions feel free to give us a bell on 1300 884 836.

Regards,
Greg

gslrallysport
22-07-2009, 10:27 AM
A1RM Fitted to a Mitsubishi Legnum (Think Evo 5, but with 200kg more weight!)

I've got A1RM front pads with slotted rotors and they are great. Makes stock brakes (in my other legnum) feel like they don't work much at all. Very impressed!!
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showpost.php?p=114621&postcount=104

gslrallysport
23-07-2009, 11:48 AM
A1RM Fitted To Skyline!

I have used them [A1RM] on my old R32 which had seen the track a few times and they were AWESOME!!! They are indeed low dust and relatively kind to the rotors for the kind of pad they are...can't recommend them highly enough...
http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=927757&postcount=2

bfeboi
28-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Do you have a set of A1RM and slotted rotors [front] to suit a '06 polo gti?
How much to sent to syd?

gslrallysport
28-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi mate,

Going to need you to check whether your pads are DP1479:
http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/images/car/pads/DP1479.jpg
or DP1329:
http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/images/car/pads/DP1329.jpg

Regards,
Greg

JCM308
28-07-2009, 04:33 PM
According to the EBC site the pads for the GTI are

Front:
DP1479

Rear:
DP1497

bfeboi
28-07-2009, 04:51 PM
yeah in a catalog i saw dp1479 was front, from memory

gslrallysport
29-07-2009, 12:09 PM
EBC list the 1479, but Remsa, who are a FAR larger european pad manufacturer, list both pads as a possibility, so best to check, although, I agree, it's 99% likely to be the 1479.

With that in mind, we can get the A1RM made up for it, but unfortunatley you're going to loose the wear indicator. (Though the more I talk to people, the less this seems to be a problem).

It's not a pad that QFM does for it, but there are two ways we can do it:

- We can get pad custom manufactured, as an off the shelf item, ready to install, looking at $179 for the axle set in A1RM.

- Alternatively, if you've got an old set of pads, we can shot blast (basically making them brand new again) and use the old backing plates, looking at $149 for the axle set.

Both options would be a 6-8 week turn around.

Other options on pads would be Remsa (in which you'd keep your wear indicator sensor), and these are $95 for the axle set. Very good street performance pad at 650 dregrees (so similar to EBC Green or TRW Lucas), but not quite the track capable 780 degrees like the A1RM.

Rotors, standard $68 each. Slotted $209 for the pair.

Regards,
Greg

gslrallysport
29-07-2009, 02:11 PM
*** VE HSV and Turbo JZA Supra (4/2 pot) QFM Pads Now Available!!! ***

Exclusive to GSL RallySport, now in stock!

VE HSV (And VZ HSV with AP 6 pot front and 4 pot rear)
Front A1RM - $179
Rear A1RM - $179

Turbo Supra (4/2 pot)
Front HPX $119
Rear HPX $119
Front A1RM $179
Rear A1RM $179

For more information, checkout http://www.qfmperformance.com, or give us a call on 1300 884 836.

Regards,
Greg

gslrallysport
05-08-2009, 11:50 AM
More Outstanding Feedback on A1RM!!!

A1RM are fantastic, more bite than a standard pad when dead cold, and only get better when they get hot, and better still when they start to smoke up and the rotors go blue!

Bendix Ultimate's which I had before these for roughly the same price are absolutely terrible in comparison. Pads aren't noisy, basically the A1RM is awesome, will buy again in the future!
http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=392148&view=findpost&p=5238434

gslrallysport
19-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Pretty Much Says It All...

nothing bad to say about the QFM pads except they're not free!
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/1256358-post4.html

gslrallysport
25-08-2009, 02:31 PM
*** Office Closure 31/8 -> 7/9 ***

GSL RallySport will be closed from the 31st August through till 7th September due to our involvement in the World Rally Championship. All orders would need to be placed and paid for by Wednesday this week to guarantee delivery. Office re-opens 8am 8th September.

For all the information on the WRC checkout http://www.rallyaustralia.com

Apologies for any inconvenience caused!

Best Regards,
GSL RallySport

gslrallysport
10-09-2009, 02:28 PM
A1RM Fitted to an S14!

I used these pads on my S14... held up well! Similar in pad feel to Ferrodo DS2500s but without the hefty price tag :)
http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=402194&view=findpost&p=5383135

gslrallysport
17-09-2009, 09:44 AM
More positive feedback from HPX users!

HPX Pads received Greg- fantastic delivery speed!!
Bedded them in last night and i can say i'm VERY impressed. They have more bight and better co efficient than the RB74's i was previously using with better pedal modulation.
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showpost.php?p=128036&postcount=134

gslrallysport
18-09-2009, 12:11 PM
QFM HPX Pads Fitted To An Import Legnum VR4!

Got my HPX pads bedded in now and they are very impressive. Progressive and pull up very smoothly, or VERY quick if you really want. They also produce stuff all dust and aren't noisy at all with my slotted rotors either. For the money these are excellent pads and much more confidence inspiring than the crappy pads that were on for compliance.
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showpost.php?p=128172&postcount=136

gslrallysport
24-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Another case of QFM A1RM for the win!

The QFM A1RM pads were a huge step up in pedal feel and control-ability...No more dead pedal, locking, ABS interference etc. The HPX pads I know nothing about but heard good things.

IMHO, if your ever doing a track day or maybe just hard driving, A1RM are the way to go...
http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showpost.php?p=491727&postcount=19

gslrallysport
05-10-2009, 10:14 AM
QFM HPX on a VS Ute!

Well the QFM HPX BRAKE PADS are bedded in and I`m very happy with them.
I can really feel the better braking performance.
http://www.brisbanecommodore.com/bccc/showpost.php?p=327&postcount=2

gslrallysport
12-10-2009, 02:36 PM
QFM A1RM Fitted To Honda Civic!

The pads are mostly bedded in and I must say that I am VERY impressed.
Even when I was doing the progressive bedding (60-20, 80-20) they pulled up extremely well.

Very happy, will buy again!
http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=426820&view=findpost&p=1284761614

gslrallysport
14-10-2009, 12:54 PM
What else can you say?!

I have the A1RM's and these are by far and away the best "serious use" pads I have tried, bar none!!! If you want a high performance or track day pad these are the way to go!!!

In the SRi-T I tried EBC Green, EBC Red's, EBC Yellow's, Pagid, Ferodo DS2500 and the A1RM's win hands down!!!!! They even feel better than the Endless and Project Mu pads I have tried in my other cars...

Low dust, great pedal (the best pedal feel by a long way!), and excellent fade resistance with pedal control...

Highly recommended IMHO...
http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showpost.php?p=499917&postcount=10
;)

gslrallysport
16-10-2009, 12:46 PM
QFM HPX Fitted To VT V8 Holden Calais!

My Calais was simply unstopable, brakes had no feel, no stopping power, it was no good at all. Then I discovered HPX brake pads. My car feels so much better, the car pulls up really quick with no brake noise and they don't fade at all.

THANKS GSL :yeah:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/1322224-post106.html

gslrallysport
21-10-2009, 02:09 PM
A1RM Fitted To Mazda!

hey just wanna thank you for the qfm a1rm pads. i raced today at oran park and didnt get any brake fade what so ever. on the track for 15minute periods and driving hard they felt great!No link available, received via Private Message

gslrallysport
27-10-2009, 01:53 PM
QFM A1RM Fitted to JZA80 Supra!

Thought I'd add my 2c.

I recently made over my brakes with some braided lines, slotted rotors and the QFM A1RM pads. It wasn't just a pad change so I can't compare directly with the old set up however I'm bloody impressed with how the car pulls up now and I believe a lot of that is down to the new pads. The brake fade is quite minimul and significantly better than the stock Toyota pads I had on it previously. Slam on the brakes and it bites hard, time and time again. So much so that I sometimes feel if it pulled up quicker my face would somehow detach from my head and hit the windscreen like some weird crossover film between 'Gone in 60 seconds' and 'Face Off'. Unlike my old setup these certainly give me a sense of confidence through the twisties!

Either way, QFM A1RM pads = WIN
http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=970724&postcount=64

gslrallysport
04-11-2009, 01:57 PM
QFM are a cheaper alternative to Ferodo DS2500!

I just got the QFM A1RM's and they went well at sandown. Greg was very helpful and delivery was only 2 days.
Very cheap for $130. I don't think I'll be spending big on pads again after how they performed at Sandown.

I will monitor the wear but I get to about 220kmh before jumping on the brakes and they felt similar to my DS2500's.
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=169972&view=findpost&p=4916919

gslrallysport
18-11-2009, 11:39 AM
QFM A1RM For the Win!

Just a bit of feedback on the A1RM that we installed on my girlfriends car a few months back. After a number of laps at Collie where previously her Ferodo's would start to get soggy, the QFM pads were still biting hard and gave her heaps more confidence in later braking. They were also biting harder from cold, and she didn't manage to get them to fade the entire time. I had a go and I was pretty impressed for the price of the pad!
No link available, sent via Email!

gslrallysport
30-11-2009, 12:53 PM
QFM A1RM fitted to Subaru WRX STi with Brembo calipers!

Hi Greg,

Quick update as promised on the A1RM's after a track day;

After missing a few track days due to extreme heat I finally got my STi out at Mallala over the weekend. It was windy and wet but I still managed to give the A1RM's a good working-over. The pad's held-up very well for the full 5 x 15min sessions held throughout the day. There are two very hard braking points at Mallala from 160+ klm/hr into a tight hair-pin - the A1RM's felt very reassuring with no brake fade at all. I couldn't be happier with the pads and will most likely order some for the rears soon.

Regards,
Mark
Sent via email, no link available

gslrallysport
02-12-2009, 12:36 PM
QFM A1RM Fitted to R33 GTS-T Skyline!

Have a set of a1rm on the front of my 33 gtst, definitely excellent value for money. After a hard session I'd hardly have any stopping power with OEM pads and would have to waste time letting them cool down, with the a1rm pads on I've not yet experienced fade and have plenty of bite where the oem's would have led me in to the nearest wall!
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=295467&view=findpost&p=4965382

gslrallysport
03-12-2009, 12:22 PM
QFM HPX High Performance Street Pads fitted to Mazda 6 MPS AWD!

Clocked up a few kilometres now and still pretty impressed, especially with the pedal feel.

I believe the new pads saved me from a mess today, I was driving at just under 60 kph beside a truck turning left in the the left lane (Bathurst RTA) when a Holden Rodeo pulled out in front of the truck. Spectacular quick stop with no dramas, just a few of those in and out words from my usually sedate co-pilot.

Virtually no dust - great
Terrific initial response on pedal

Thanks QFM & GSL RallySport - It would not have pulled up in time with the stock pads.
http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gsl-rallysport-detailing-info-comments-questions/1970-qfm-high-performance-street-track-pads-3.html#post75096

gslrallysport
15-12-2009, 02:15 PM
QFM A1RM Fitted to Toyota JZX100 Turbo Chaser!

A bit of an update guys. Have just fitted set of the A1RM pads to my 100 today, and taken it around the streets to bed them in.. and my god the improvement over the pads that were in it previously (presume OEM pads) is amazing. The responsiveness of brake pedal is awesome, even when they are still pretty cold. Haven't had chance to take it for a proper hills run, so we'll see how they perform there but is all very promising!
http://www.jzx100.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5338&view=findpost&p=65063

gslrallysport
16-12-2009, 03:40 PM
QFM A1RM Fitted to Toyota JZX100 Turbo Chaser! (Different one!)

Just came back from a track day with the A1RM Pads up the front. They held up VERY well and continued to do so throughout the day. Worth buying!
http://www.jzx100.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=5338&view=findpost&p=65083

gslrallysport
17-12-2009, 01:17 PM
QFM HPX Fitted to VL Commodore!

First of all the customer service is GREAT, along with the advice, quick replies to e-mails and postage times etc. etc. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Now i got a set of HPX pads for the front of my VL Berlina, i also upgraded to a RBF600 type fluid as I was advised by Greg, after having them sitting in my room for 2 weeks I managed to find time to put them in, straight away i noticed a difference in braking and in the pedal compared to the old pads, I've now been driving around on them for almost 2 weeks, and am very very happy with them, i have alot more trust in my brakes during the "spirited driving" moments and also "tested" them from 100klm hr to almost a dead stop - and am amazed how quick it pulled up!

So thank you very much again for all your Help - Advice - Great Product and sponsorship of BCCC!

Another happy customer :)
http://www.brisbanecommodore.com/bccc/showpost.php?p=6366&postcount=30

gslrallysport
18-12-2009, 10:46 AM
QFM HPX Fitted to Toyota JZX100 Turbo Chaser! (Different one again!)

HPX is very good stuff... compaired to what i had prior.... brakes very smooth and well! :)
QFM Brake Pads (JZX100) - JZX World Forums (http://www.jzx100.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=5338&view=findpost&p=65121)

gslrallysport
22-12-2009, 03:20 PM
A1RM up to the task in Rally and Race on 242mm Standard Rotors!

Just wanted to say how impressed i was with these pads.
I did a private practice session at Eastern Creek with the A1RM's on stock rotors with my X3 Excel. They didn't crack or warp the rotors, nor did they glaze or overheat the pads themselves. They would drop from 160-80 every lap at turn 2 with no fuss. Mind you it was the 20/11/09 which was 41deg and 63deg track temp. The rotors were ubove 400deg every session, after a cool down lap and drive into the pits, where they were checked. I could only guess what the temps were when the the brakes were actually being applied.

Just to back that further, the A1RM is the preferred pad of the QLD Hyundai Max Attack Challenge, which is a one make race series for stock X3 Excels of which we competed in last year:
http://www.vimeo.com/1550493

The one make series regulations stipulate standard factory specification (not slotted or drilled) rotors must be used. We were fastest 2WD in the QLD Clubman Rally Championship (not just Excels, but ALL 2WD rally cars), and regularly had our rotors red hot. I can personally vouch for that fact that even on standard rotors and calipers, the A1RM is a great performer! Even though the X3 is relatively light (1000kg odd including roll cage, sump guards etc.), they have tiny brakes (242mm rotors) and most of the quick guys are profuse left foot brakers, which works the brakes particularly hard...

I didn't compete in the series this year, but the top 3 from this year, all ran QFM A1RM pads!
http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=285652&view=findpost&p=1285093270
http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=285652&view=findpost&p=1285094072

gslrallysport
05-01-2010, 02:21 PM
QFM A1RM Fitted To AE86 Sprinter!

fitted the a1rm to the rear with new slotted rotors to my car (jdm 86) yesterday. holy flurking shnite, they are good! looking forward to a set for the front. really recommended guys.
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showpost.php?p=199430&postcount=87

gslrallysport
06-01-2010, 01:41 PM

Just an update:

I had a chance to try these pads ( qfma1 ) this sunday at Oran park GP circuit.
They were great...
I had no brake fade during the whole 3 lap supersprint sessions x5 ( total 15 laps ).
On the straights i was getting ~220km/h and brakes felt solid, didnt even give a hint of wanting to fade!

Im happy with them and for the price, you cant go wrong.
The supra is a heavier car, and it gets some good speeds, and for it not to fade is saying something.
To give you an idea, i came 3rd outright for the day and managed a 1:21

Big thanks to gslrallysport
Will be buying from again :)
http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=992968&postcount=79

gslrallysport
08-01-2010, 01:08 PM
*** Use of A1RM pads in a street-only car! ***

We'd like to clear the air on an issue that has been brought to our attention. Just recently we've had a customer query us about rotor wear when using the A1RM in their road car. The customer was running A1RM in his daily, which albeit driven hard, was only used to drive to and from work, and the occasional run over the hills. The customer got 15,000 km from his rotors (which admittedly had already been machined once) and the pads.

Where this has caused some unrest is that they were very expensive two piece rotors, and so is up for new rotors at substantial cost, so in light of all this, I feel it is necessary to clear a few issues:

- The A1RM is a street/track cross over pad. Even though it is 100% streetable (cold bite is substantial, generally noise and dust are low enough), it is a pad capable of light track work (similar to a Project Mu HC+ or Ferodo DS2500), and thus will had some drawbacks when being used only in a street only driven car. If you're using the A1RM in your road car because you'd like the ultimate in street brakes, be prepared to change rotors sooner than you would with a regular street only pad.

- The pad below A1RM, the HPX, is a Bendix Ultimate equivalent in terms of performance, so is more than enough for most hard street driven cars. Because it's also very low dust and rotor wear, we supply them as a direct trade servicing pad to a local QLD Ford dealer for use in Falcon's and turbo Territories that use the C5 PBR caliper. Average pad life on those cars with the HPX is about 45-50k kms with low rotor wear.

- A rotor life of 15,000 k's on an already machined pair of rotors (so maybe 20-25,000 k's on new rotors) is fairly good for a pad with the performance of the A1RM. Equivalent pads with the same performance will be no better than this.

The A1RM gets a very good wrap because of it's price/performance ratio, and if you take your car to the track to do some light club springs or circuit work, and accept that brakes will wear out quicker using performance items, then it's still the perfect compromise. If you don't do any track work at all, then probably best to stick to the HPX.

Personally, I run the A1RM in both my rally car, and road car, and don't have an issue with it in either. Additionally, we're also well aware of road cars that have gotten 25,000-30,000 (about 1 year) and a couple of track days out of rotors clamped by A1RM, so the wear will vary with individual vehicles and applications.

Any further questions or dramas please do not hesitate to contact us direct on 1300 884 836.

Regards,
Greg

gslrallysport
12-01-2010, 03:45 PM
QFM A1RM Fitted to JZX100 Turbo!

Went for a drive in Daves chaser the other day, he has the A1RM pads and wow can feel the difference after being a passenger in mine compared to being a passenger in his.
I'll be ordering a set of the HPX ones soon when i get some slotted rotors!
http://www.jzx100.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=5338&view=findpost&p=66585

gslrallysport
18-01-2010, 02:22 PM
QFM A1RM Fitted to Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo!

I've also just fitted A1RM's to my car, although not in daily use, good feel from cold - fantastic in the twisties.... much better than the Bendix Ultimates i had on there before....
http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showpost.php?p=999255&postcount=143

gslrallysport
20-01-2010, 11:52 AM
QFM A1RM Fitted to Mazda BA Astina!

Well it was the first round of the NSW Supersprint Championship last Sunday out at Oran Park. The A1RM's performed brilliantly and are an ideal pad for supersprinting. Because of the minimal time we get to cycle before trying to punch out a superlap, the A1RM's are ready for the first corner cold or hot. There also was no fade or pedal pressure change that I had been suffering with previous pads. The best thing about the A1RM's is the braking confidence they give you.

Thanks heaps for supplying these great pads!
No link available, sent via PM!

gslrallysport
09-02-2010, 12:29 PM
QFM A1RM used on the track in a 350RWKW GTST!

I'm running QFM's A1RM's front and rear in my car paired up with slotted RDA rotors.

On the street I find them very good, not much noise unless a flogging is order of the day.

On the track I thought they were fantastic. They bite well, feel very nice and consistent.

They didn't fade on me once.

For what I do, street and track work they are ideal.

And for the price I think are probably the best value/performance items I have bought!
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=169972&view=findpost&p=5071489

gslrallysport
10-02-2010, 04:07 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/02/facebook_logogif-1.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/pages/QFM-Performance-Brake-Pads/22209869184)

Become a fan of QFM Performance Pads on Facebook, post your feedback and experiences, and keep up to date with special offers and new products!

Click the above logo, or CLICK HERE! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/QFM-Performance-Brake-Pads/22209869184)

gslrallysport
17-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Feedback from a 300ZX at Winton on A1RM Street/Track Pads!

I hit the A1RM pads HARD at Winton. ( i also replaced the fluid with Penrite SIN synthetic)

These pads are really good. I had zero brake fade on the stock calipers. I actually wasnt expecting much.

They remained tight and still usable even after the hardest laps.

Cant recommend them enough.

I need a set of stock A1RM rears for the race car now.

http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showpost.php?p=810530&postcount=9

gslrallysport
22-02-2010, 01:03 PM
QFM HPX Fitted to VZ SV6!

Got the pads put on today....freaking awesome man. I'll be highly recommending these to anyone who asks. The cold bite and the amount of speed it wipes off is just awesome!http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/927602-post29.html

gslrallysport
24-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Another Happy QFM HPX Customer!

Will happily vouch for the HPX's... been running them and find they grab well, dont make noise or dust, and they are made here in Australia for a great price.

You'd be hard pressed to find a reason not to try them :)
http://www.cruisingbrisbane.com/forum/topic/56356-qfm-high-performance-brake-pads-including-comp-9/page__view__findpost__p__1167276

gslrallysport
09-03-2010, 01:38 PM
QFM A1RM Fitted to Nissan 300ZX!

Put A1RM's in last week, and after a suitable wearing in process...I am really impressed with them, both cold and warm...haven't got them hot hot yet...but so farm very impressed with how they pull up and peddle feel. To be honest they feel better than many higher priced pads I've used in the past. And definite improvement on the Ultimates I was using.

Highly recommend them to any zedder out there in the market for a new set of pads for the stocko calipers.
http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1020363&postcount=154

gslrallysport
20-04-2010, 01:08 PM
QFM HPX Fitted to 03 WRX!

Parts arrived and all installed.

Used the A1RM's on my car (TT Supra) and HPX on my mate's WRX. The ones on the WRX stop SOOOOOOO much better even for the lower grade pads!

Awesome pads and service all round.

Thanks
SupraForums.com.AU - View Single Post - QFM High Performance Street and Track Brake Pads, including Comp9! (http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=1030008&postcount=13)

gslrallysport
29-04-2010, 09:55 AM
QFM A1RM - Why pay more!!!

Installed a set of A1RM's front and rear just before Z Fest. By far the best value brake pads I've ever used, no pedal fade from high speed and hardly any dust which is not what I expected from a high performance pad. I liken the performance of these to an EBC Red Stuff but at a fraction of the price!
The Australian 300zx Owners Association - View Single Post - QFM High Performance Street and Track Pads! (http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1035596&postcount=157)

PeterHBne
04-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Not sure of the exact model but new standard front pads for Polo GTI. VAST improvement over standard OEM pads. Much better bite from cold.

gslrallysport
07-05-2010, 11:27 AM
QFM A1RM again outperforming expectations on the track!

GSL,

The pads arrived and were fitted up just in time for a recent club track day at Wakefield Park.

To be honest, I was absolutely amazed at their performance. They work well from cold and have so far not made any noise. When warmed up (one or two corners at the most), their bite was unbelievable (on my MX5).

It felt like I had the car standing on its nose braking into Turns 2 and 10 at Wakefield!

Their performance allowed me to brake much later than I have previously and I actually had to mentally refrain from hitting the brakes early.

And the best thing, they make minimal dust!

Regards,
Tony
No link available, sent via email.

Jmac
07-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Not sure of the exact model but new standard front pads for Polo GTI. VAST improvement over standard OEM pads. Much better bite from cold.

Peter they were Top quality Remsa mate, i run them on my van all round and as you know i carry bucket loads of weight and it stops like a champ
Jmac

gslrallysport
07-06-2010, 02:55 PM

Got the A1RM fitted on the car with the brake fluid you guys sell. Even though I'm still bedding in the brake pads, I have to say you can feel the difference in the braking power these have. I had Bendix Ultimates prior to the A1RMs and they are a world of difference!
SupraForums.com.AU - View Single Post - QFM High Performance Street and Track Brake Pads, including Comp9! (http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=1050184&postcount=27)

gslrallysport
11-06-2010, 03:50 PM
QFM HPX fitted to Mitsubishi Legnum VR4!

Awesome pads, No dust no noise. Worked far better then my previous set of Bendix Pads. Recommend to anyone whether you drive an import or not!
Qfm High Performance Brake Pads - Boostcruising.com (http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=285652&view=findpost&p=1285952698)

gslrallysport
18-06-2010, 05:08 PM
QFM A1RM fitted to JZA80 Supra!

UPDATE: Took these out at Sandown... no brake fade what so ever! the pads / fluid held out really well, and was still pulling up the car after a whole day of hard braking both in the wet and dry! Totally impressed by these pads and I highly recommend them!
SupraForums.com.AU - View Single Post - QFM High Performance Street and Track Brake Pads, including Comp9! (http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=1050184&postcount=27)

gslrallysport
29-06-2010, 03:49 PM
QFM Pads Fitted to BA Falcon!

Hi,

I own and drive a BA Futura 4.0L auto sedan. I was so impressed with the performance of your QFM pads on my BA Falcon I though I would drop you a email.

Ok firstly I spoke to someone there questioning on what pads and what improvement I could expect and was told QFM pads and around 10% or so, ok that was sure a understatement.

I had the QFM pads and new DBA slotted rotors fitted and I got to say I was very surprised the 10% improvement was wrong try 40 to 50%.

I have found that now braking is effortless less peddle pressure is required and the actually braking action is a major improvement, when I say peddle pressure I mean before on the standard BA pad and rotors you had to apply a reasonable heavy pressure to apply the brakes where now its almost just a toe pressure to apply the same braking effort.

Stopping from 100K’s the difference is easily 3 to 4 car lengths and as before less peddle pressure. One of the keys here as well as the stopping improvement is the requirement to use less peddle pressure this is something that the older drivers would appreciate not to mention make for safer driving.

I feel fitting the QFM pads and DBA rotors has made my vehicle much safer to drive and given me more security in the braking department.

K.Chapman
North QLD
No link available, sent via email!

gslrallysport
22-07-2010, 03:12 PM
QFM HPX Fitted to S13!

If there were any doubters, I have the HPX pads on my S13 (with an R33 GTS-T hub/brake conversion) and oh my God it pulls up very fast on RDA slotteds. they can take a fair bit of abuse but if you were ever going to track the car you'd go for A1RMs.

For the money, hard to fault!
Fordlaser.com :: Log in (http://www.fordlaser.com/viewtopic.php?t=50469&start=126)

noone
27-07-2010, 01:41 PM
I'd been thinking about new pads for a while and wanted to get some in time for a recent track day, but left it too late.

I've been running a larger brake setup on my Polo GTI for about 7 months now and it was satisfactory until the track day. After 3 x 15min sessions, my pads were glazed, smoking and the car was not stopping fast enough. After removing the glaze the pads have not felt right and the pedal seems to sink a long way down before I get adequate bite.

So I ordered a set of the A1RM's from Greg and GSL, came today. Pads looked good and fitted fine.

I went to my local mall with some break-in driving on the way. I was very cautions when I started driving as I thought they would be pretty average for the first bunch of kms.

Bite from cold, 1st time was great. Without any preparation the brakes bit harder than my last pads (stock Audi TT pads for the Audi TT Mk1 fwd setup). The brake feel has already improved and I dont feel the spongy feeling I had previously and before the track day. I was concerned that changing the pads was not going to change anything and that there was a problem / limitation elsewhere.

I'll give them some time to bed in and then give them a proper go, but for a very cost effective change, I'm pleased with how much more confidence I have and the ease of braking.

Props to Greg for his help, communication and quick shipping. Have to give this one a thumbs up.

gslrallysport
28-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback mate, appreciate it!

gslrallysport
16-08-2010, 02:00 PM
QFM A1RM Fitted to 246rwkw R33 GTST on track!

I have used the A1RM's on my 33 for a club grip day and absolutely love it......ran Penrite sin 600 brake fluid, with HEL braided brake lines, RDA slotted rotors and A1RM's and did a solid 6 sessions and the brakes were fine all day.....was so much fun.....now time to get another set for another grip day :D
Qfm High Performance Brake Pads, Including Comp 9! - Skylines Australia (http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=301207&view=findpost&p=5400944)

gslrallysport
28-08-2010, 03:02 PM
QFM HPX Fitted To VX Commodore!

I've just fitted some HPX pads to my VX Commodore (its just a daily runabout / family car) and wow, the cold bite on them is awesome and once they were warmed up wow! The abs kicks in so quickly! Very very impressed with them! Will definitely be recommending these pads to everyone I know!
Fordlaser.com :: Log in (http://www.fordlaser.com/viewtopic.php?t=50469&start=120)

tom23
29-08-2010, 09:32 PM
I have had the HPX pads front and rear of my 97 Golf 2.0 for a month or two now and I'm a big fan. The price was one of the best I could find, who ever I spoke to at GSL was really nice and the pads themselves stop great. Wayy better then the supercheap ones I had before which cost more. And my wheels are staying clean much longer then they used to. Very happy customer. They also got to sydney the day after order for next to nothing cost.

Polo GTEye N9
30-08-2010, 09:26 PM

For the price you've quoted on slotted rears, I'll take a set. I'll give you a call later today.

Hello Greg,
What is the rotor width minimum in ?mm if mine measure up at 20mm?
Cheers Al

Jmac
30-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Hi mate, im sure i told you the size over the phone, anyway its 19mm, so your new pads will out live your current discs, i would be thinking about replacing them. Probably best to ask these sort of questions in the Polo section, it has more traffic as this is primarily a business section. All good
Cheers
Jmac

Polo GTEye N9
31-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Hi Jimmy, thanks I'm so new at this..... will try harder to get into the correct swing of things. Cheers Al

gslrallysport
09-09-2010, 02:58 PM
QFM HPX Fitted To S13 Silvia!

Just thought I'd let you know. I have fitted my HPX pads 3 weeks or so ago and are really good, absolutely no dust on my white rims. Very impressed with product!

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Tim
No link available, sent via PM on NissanSilvia.com

danielb
16-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Is it 119 a set for the A1RM's for the MK6 Golf GTI as well?

gslrallysport
21-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Hi Daniel,

A1RM to suit Mk6 Golf GTi are $179 per axle set front or rear, and on the shelf. These are a full custom pad, and thus the extra expense unfortunately.

Regards,
Greg

VR28LT
21-09-2010, 10:00 PM
How you going mate, im wanting to buy a set of front and rear pads and new rotors for my 05/1994 Golf VR6 with the 280mm vented set up. Any chance you have what im looking for ? I dont want anything fancy just a good set up with better stopping power than the OEM stuff that VW sell. Oh yeah mine also have the wear pad indicators but am not fussed if they dont come fitted as i can just wire them up. Cheers B

gslrallysport
22-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Hi mate,

HPX are available for the rear, $79 for the set. Not available for the front unfortunately. The pads that we recommend in place is a European performance brand called Remsa, which are $109 for the set, and in stock. Also the Remsa's come standard with the electronic wear sensor, so there's $20-$25 value in those....

Shipping is free when you order front and rear pads together, or else $8 per axle set individually.

Regards,
Greg

VR28LT
22-09-2010, 09:07 PM
PM sent to you.

Dscott
28-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Hi,

How much are these pads for the front?

Polo GTI 9N3

D

I'd been thinking about new pads for a while and wanted to get some in time for a recent track day, but left it too late.

I've been running a larger brake setup on my Polo GTI for about 7 months now and it was satisfactory until the track day. After 3 x 15min sessions, my pads were glazed, smoking and the car was not stopping fast enough. After removing the glaze the pads have not felt right and the pedal seems to sink a long way down before I get adequate bite.

So I ordered a set of the A1RM's from Greg and GSL, came today. Pads looked good and fitted fine.

I went to my local mall with some break-in driving on the way. I was very cautions when I started driving as I thought they would be pretty average for the first bunch of kms.

Bite from cold, 1st time was great. Without any preparation the brakes bit harder than my last pads (stock Audi TT pads for the Audi TT Mk1 fwd setup). The brake feel has already improved and I dont feel the spongy feeling I had previously and before the track day. I was concerned that changing the pads was not going to change anything and that there was a problem / limitation elsewhere.

I'll give them some time to bed in and then give them a proper go, but for a very cost effective change, I'm pleased with how much more confidence I have and the ease of braking.

Props to Greg for his help, communication and quick shipping. Have to give this one a thumbs up.

tinto
01-10-2010, 04:42 PM
a bit left field on this forum (I'll shoot you an email too, Greg).
Are you able to supply A1RM for my S15 Nissan 200SX?

Brakes are R33 GTST/296mm up front, and standard S15 at the rear - I'd like to do it all at once along with a full fluid refresh.
The last couple of track days I've noticed things aren't biting quite as much as I'd like.

Do you recommend switching rotors at the same time? Fronts are currently slotted RDA, rear are OEM solids.

gslrallysport
02-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Hi Martin,

Yep, got thousands of A1RM on the shelf to suit S15! $119 per set front or rear.

I would stick with RDA slotted, and that's the exact pad/rotor combination I run in my rally car, along with TRW GP600 Dot 4 Racing Brake Fluid.

RDA Slotted rotors are $385 for the front pair, and $165 for the rear pair. TRW GP600 Dot 4 Racing Brake Fluid (which is always the first weakness in a track car) is $65 for a 1L bottle.

Shipping on just front and rear pads together (and fluid if needed) would be free, or else $33 on everything if you included rotors etc.

Regards,
Greg

Dscott
02-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Whats price for QFM to suit front 288mm's 9N3 POLO GTI?

gslrallysport
04-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Which pads were you after, or what are you using the car for? Just street, or track etc.?

Dscott
04-10-2010, 04:52 PM
what pads would you recommend for spirited street driving?

Fronts only.

D

gslrallysport
05-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Probably a brand called Remsa actually! I'm pretty sure the only QFM pad we've got on the shelf at the moment is the track A1RM one, whilst the Remsa are a phenomenally good pad, and rated to 650 degrees, which is more than enough for spirited street driving.

Remsa to suit the Polo GTi are $99 for the set, and include the electronic wear sensor.

Regards,
Greg

tommymac
22-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Hey mate,

loving this i need some A1's for my rears ( dp1192) and a set for my wilwood dynapro lug mounts if you need the plates I can send you some hawk ones which you can destroy as the pad thickness is to great. The luggys need a thickness of 12mm Wilwood # 7812.

gslrallysport
01-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Hi mate,

Apologies about the late reply. We were closed last week whilst we relocated to a larger warehouse!

loving this i need some A1's for my rears ( dp1192)
No dramas at all, $119 for the set, and on the shelf.

and a set for my wilwood dynapro lug mounts if you need the plates I can send you some hawk ones which you can destroy as the pad thickness is to great. The luggys need a thickness of 12mm Wilwood # 7812.
Yep, if you've got plates available that will be great as it's not a pad we've ever got made by QFM. If you can supply the pads, the cost to you as a custom set, will be $149 for the set.

Regards,
Greg

tommymac
01-11-2010, 08:48 PM
No worries where do I send them too? Do you need me to send you the specs?

gslrallysport
02-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Sent them to:

GSL RallySport
Shed B, 56 Woodville Place
Annerley QLD 4103

Nup, those numbers you've given us before, with a 12mm thickness is all we need to know.

Regards,
Greg

audi-tone
06-12-2010, 07:56 AM
Have you any HPX pads for the rear of a mk4 golf gti (99.5 model) & how much??
If so is it possible to pick them up as i'll be around Annerley this week
Cheers

gslrallysport
08-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Hi mate,

Apologies about the late reply! Just sold out of the last set of HPX on the shelf, but will happily do the next pad up (European made Remsa) for the same price if you want.

Regards,
Greg

audi-tone
28-12-2010, 03:47 PM
hey dude, if you havent got any hpx pads in stock i'll go for the remsa pads you were talking about. need to do my back brakes asap.
let me know.
cheers

PeterHBne
29-12-2010, 11:02 AM
what pads would you recommend for spirited street driving?

Fronts only.

D

Def go with Remsa. I did not like the brakes in the GTI at all. Changed at 50,000 with new standard rotors. These pads made it a MUCH better braking car in spirited street driving. Several times they have saved me when with standard pads I would have nose to tailed.

rikard1
30-12-2010, 08:44 PM
highly recommend the HPX pads, better than stock performance and close to zero dust which for me was the most important thing. I dont suppose theyre made for Peugeot 308? I have to clean my mum's alloys every week!

gslrallysport
04-01-2011, 01:02 AM
hey dude, if you havent got any hpx pads in stock i'll go for the remsa pads you were talking about. need to do my back brakes asap.
let me know.
cheers
Sorry mate, we've been closed since the 24th.

Give us a bell on 1300 884 836 during business hours and we can sort it out.

Regards,
Greg

gslrallysport
04-01-2011, 01:06 AM
I dont suppose theyre made for Peugeot 308? I have to clean my mum's alloys every week!
The rear are ($79), but the fronts we'd probably have to go Remsa, of which they're not too bad on dust. Not as good as the HPX though.

gslrallysport
06-01-2011, 02:24 PM
QFM HPX Fitted to VY Commodore!

Just fitted the HPX's to the VY.. can really feel the difference! Can finally have some piece of mind when i put my foot on the brake!
QFM Brake Pads (http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/gsl-rallysport/59204-qfm-brake-pads-9.html#post1676508)

gslrallysport
14-01-2011, 12:29 PM
QFM HPX wins again against the competition!

QFM HPX vs. Bendix Ultimate

...Ultimates are like a set of Ferodo generic pads!

In My Opinion - I have tried both on my VX Commodore:

I had Bendix Ultimates and I found them to be noisy, very very dusty and it liked to eat out my rotors, they pull-up was okayish but I found they didn't have enough "bite" for my liking.

The QFM HPX Pads - I had them fitted to new rotors as the old ones were chewed out and could not be machined further. I purchased standard rotors after the pads had been bedded in wow.. simply wow! The pull up from them was so much better, and ABS kicked in much much quicker hardly any dust and alot less noisy.

Still some squeaks here and there but all in all, a much better improvement over the Ultimates.
Fordlaser.com :: View topic - Brake Pad Comparison - Bendix Ultimate Vs. QFM HPX (http://www.fordlaser.com/viewtopic.php?t=80771)

gslrallysport
18-01-2011, 10:53 AM
QFM A1RM does the job in an Evo 3 Sprint car!

Just giving these guys a good wrap, awesome service and support! Used the QFM pads on my EVO3. I have only used them for 15kms (after a quick bed in) at the Pittsworth Sprints, work great from cold, and better with slight warm up to the dummy grid. My only advise is with EVO3's with QFM's is you'll need to a bit lighter on the brake pedal as these grip up well!
Qfm High Performance Brake Pads - Boostcruising (http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=285652&view=findpost&p=1286851106)

sirmoe
18-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Do these have the sensors on them for the VW Golf MK4?

gslrallysport
20-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Nup, either loop the sensor up, or use a pad like Remsa that comes with them standard. What model Golf 4?

Regards,
Greg

sirmoe
20-01-2011, 02:30 PM
2001 GL, one of the fronts has the sensor.

gslrallysport
21-01-2011, 03:01 PM
QFM HPX used in 2005 Subaru Forester XT

Got my HPX's and RDA slotted rotors put in today :D I didn't quite realize how bad it was before!
OzFoz.com • Login (http://ozfoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=17844&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=36)

gslrallysport
21-01-2011, 03:04 PM
2001 GL, one of the fronts has the sensor.

In that case I'd recommend a European performance pad called Resma, which are $89 for the set and include the sensor.

Rears to match are $79.

Regards,
Greg

gslrallysport
08-02-2011, 03:33 PM
The Brutal Truth About A1RM!

I use A1RM on the track/street on a heavy arse underbraked car.

****ing brilliant, not sure how anyone drives a car without them, come into their own in the triple digit speed range.

brake dust is a royal mofo, but that's life i guess. a stock euro car with tuv standard pads dust just as bad and they are oem and don't stop as good.

i hear good things about ds2500 but at double or triple the price, forget that, the a1rm will last 3 track days for me.

not even harsh on rotors like some people toss on about, the pads are rather soft imho.
PerformanceForums - View Single Post - Aggressive street pad for VT caliper (http://performanceforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=841001048&postcount=6)