PDA

View Full Version : Test drive in SEQ?

TonyTA
14-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Thinking of going shopping in next couple of weeks...

Anyone got suggestions for where to test drive a Tiggy in SEQ?
:driver:
Would also welcome any suggestions on what sort of test drive activity to help us experience the 'idiosyncrasies' of Tiggy as we will be doing a compare with other makes.
:idea:

idaho
14-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Make sure the test Tig has Park Assist and get that demonstrated. Very impressive. If it has SAT nav with reversing camera it draws a box on the image of behind the car in the direction the car is pointed. But if you turn the steering it twists the box to show were the car will go. It was also possible to drive down the road with the reverse camera on but I don't know if it was supposed to do that.

I wouldn't personally go the Sat nav to get the camera because of the cost but would have the Park Assist because even if you don't use it for reverse parking you can use the front sensors independently for forward manouvering. That looked handy because the front corners aren't obvious, but that goes for a lot of cars these days.

However, on principle there is no way I will pay a dealer delivery fee of $3495. That comes straight off the resale value as soon as you have got the car and it was going to be a 9/10 month wait at the time. (I went out and bought a SWB X Pajero with leather, HID, electric drivers seat, etc on a much better deal) I guess by the time I am looking for something else 147TSI Tiguans might be more plentiful.

TonyTA
15-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Make sure the test Tig has Park Assist and get that demonstrated. Very impressive.

Thanks for the tip.

I wouldn't personally go the Sat nav to get the camera because of the cost

Sort of feel the same way. Will check it out when I test drive.

but would have the Park Assist because even if you don't use it for reverse parking you can use the front sensors independently for forward manouvering. That looked handy because the front corners aren't obvious, but that goes for a lot of cars these days.

Reading the brochures etc. I thought that may be the case. Thanks for the tip.
Can you turn off the display on the Sat Nav when testing to see what Park Assist is like without Sat Nav and camera - or do I need to drive a test car that only has Park Assist? i.e. is there any integration between the two?

However, on principle there is no way I will pay a dealer delivery fee of $3495. That comes straight off the resale value as soon as you have got the car
I agree 100%. I've called around and already found dealers who will do much better deals. Some will even take off that fee and take their cut from the RRP which includes their time cost to get rego. This is the way most other retail business works and I know of no reason why it does not apply equally to VW cars.

clip
15-01-2009, 09:10 AM
...I've called around and already found dealers who will do much better deals. Some will even take off that fee and take their cut from the RRP which includes their time cost to get rego. This is the way most other retail business works and I know of no reason why it does not apply equally to VW cars.
As usual I get stitched up! Tony, I'd love to know which ones are willing to do that in SEQ . I guess as I've already paid the deposit I can no longer negotiate, but I'd like to have some further 'discussions' with my dealer.

idaho
15-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Can you turn off the display on the Sat Nav when testing to see what Park Assist is like without Sat Nav and camera - or do I need to drive a test car that only has Park Assist? i.e. is there any integration between the two?

The Park assist is independent of the reverse camera. It displays in between the speedo and tacho. There is a pic on page 23 of the brochure on the VWA website. If the car has a camera the camera image is in the Sat Nav screen without affecting the normal display in the instrument cluster.

Edit;
Actually just looking at the brochure, it says that 147TSI models give a graphic display in the radio display, even with the standard rear sensors only.

brh1978
15-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Edit;
Actually just looking at the brochure, it says that 147TSI models give a graphic display in the radio display, even with the standard rear sensors only.

Yep, all 09 spec 147TSI Tigs have the rear parking sensor info displayed on the RCD510's LCD whether or not you get park assist! Very cool! If the test car has sat nav you can choose if you want to view the rear camera or simply the parking sensor info on the LCD.

...adding park assist to the mix adds the visuals to the MFD in the instrument cluster when conducting an auto park.

I opted for park assist, but no sat nav on my 147TSI, I'm looking forward to the additional front parking sensors, they will come in very handy for tight parking spaces.

...Give the electronic park break auto hold a work out, i really like that feature, great for city driving!

Treza360
15-01-2009, 07:48 PM
When my Dad was test driving GTIs he was very impressed with the help and service he got down at Highway VW at Springwood. He did go to some other dealers and got a quite a bitter taste left in his mouth. Won't say anymore than that.
Cheers,
Trent

TonyTA
20-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Well, it seems that no on in Brissie has a Park Assist model that I can test drive.

One dealer has a Tig with rear sensors but not full park assist.
;-(

Virgil Tracy
20-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Did you try Ian Bottchers in Ipswich, they were very helpful with all of my test drives. Not sure what they have inn stock though.

TonyTA
20-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Did you try Ian Bottchers in Ipswich, they were very helpful with all of my test drives. Not sure what they have inn stock though.
Thanks, but "negative on the chicken, captain'. No Park Assist there.

FJ Steve
20-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Call Glenn Turrell at Gary Crick Maroochydore...tell him Steve from WA sent you

clip
21-01-2009, 06:04 PM
tony, Cricks Maroochydore have (last time I was there anyway) a heavily optioned TDi demo - sunroof, Dynaudio, leather, park assist, etc etc

TonyTA
22-01-2009, 10:09 PM
tony, Cricks Maroochydore have (last time I was there anyway) a heavily optioned TDi demo - sunroof, Dynaudio, leather, park assist, etc etc

Thanks for the tip. Will check them out.
:)