PDA

View Full Version : Swede in Sydney

Audemars
14-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Hi VW-fans

Nice to meet you all! :smile:I thought I'd do the proper thing and introduce myself since I'm new to the forum.

I recently relocated to Sydney from Europe (my partner is Australian) and now that we're here we need to get ourselves a car. I've always been a sucker for German and (OK, OK bring it on) British cars. With a 6 month old baby comes a LOT of stuff (prams, portable cots and God knows what else) so the shortlist therefore came down to either a wagon or an SUV.

I really struggled to find a sporty and refined quality car at a good price over here (I sure I'm not the only one on this forum who finds European cars obscenely expensive :rifle: in Oz!!)

Anyway, enter the R36 wagon. This wonderful piece of machinery ticked all the boxes on the paper for me and after my first testdrive a few weeks back I was completely hooked.

So now I'm looking for the right car whilst trying to get myself and the family to and from the dealerships in my fiancee's sisters Corolla hatchback (which she has kindly lended us until we get our own car). Can't wait to exchange that rice boiler for a real car! I want to avoid having to wait for 4-5 months though so may have to compromise on colour and specs to get something quicker than that.

I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing my VW adventures with you.

Cheers
Audemars

Jarred
14-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Hi mate. Welcome to the forum!

All the best with the search for an R36.

If that doesn't pan out, how about a second hand Audi A4 wagon perhaps? I'm sure you've though about one already, but just in case.

welcome.

Audemars
19-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Hi mate. Welcome to the forum!

All the best with the search for an R36.

If that doesn't pan out, how about a second hand Audi A4 wagon perhaps? I'm sure you've though about one already, but just in case.

welcome.

Thanks mate. Believe it or not but a second hand A4 wagon was on my shortlist indeed! :biggrin: They are great cars. But I just can't justify spending that money on an A4 when I can get the R36 for a similar sum. I'm sure that makes sense. :)