PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Hornsby, Sydney

wombat
13-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi All,

Christmas and new year have finally settled down and I can get into reading the forum posts here more often.

Bought a V6 4MOTION Bora (2002) a few months back. Had just come from a 540i (1996) which I only had for a few months and then previously an MX5 which I had for a few years. Car before THAT was a WRX. This car has been a great compromise of those cars! I've owned it now long enough that I know I want it to be a long termer. :)

Only problem is moving into a marque I don't know too well. Found it very easy to muck around with changing the MX5, btu not so much this one.

Have already installed a K&N airfilter and yellow Koni's at the rear. Want to look at power now. have been eyeing off the powerchip (http://www.powerchipgroup.com) chip upgrade for this car. Anyone know anything about this? Know if its any good? It reckons i'm looking at a 16kw/20Nm imporovement for $1200.

anyway, thats it. essay over. any feedback much apreciated. :)

cheers,

Paul:driver:

SmutsGTI
13-01-2009, 12:16 PM
Hi there! and welcome!,

I love the Bora's esp the 4 motion. There's a few people who have them here and i'm sure some have been modded they will let you know the best way forward for sure. Does it have the same 142kw V6 as the Passat?

Cheers

Smuts

wombat
13-01-2009, 10:30 PM
The Bora V6 2002?

I'm pretty sure (at least when it leaves the factory!) they put out 150Kw. it is the 2.8 V6. I think its the same as in the 2002 Passats....

anthony
14-01-2009, 08:54 PM
I am sure you will love the Bora,most owners seem to be passionate about them.
And they are so good looking.
I have its sucessor,the Jetta.LOVE it.