PDA

View Full Version : How do I change VR6 oil cartridge....

sukebe
07-11-2006, 04:40 PM
I have just bought a new oil filter cartridge for my VR6 but am a little concerned about getting it out. Before I dropped the oil I thought I would ask you guys if you have any tips on accessing/removing the cartridge. It seems that two tubes for the air-con are in the way. Is there any trick to getting it out, or do I have to disconnect the A/C tubing? I don't want to drop the oil to then find I am unable to get the cartridge out.

Thanks in advance!

Tim
07-11-2006, 05:19 PM
its pretty easy if u have the right tools.
There is a small allen bolt u undo from the bottom. it drains the oil out of the filter.
After that u unscrew the big plasic section from underneath. Its MUCH easier if u have a 36mm socket as the plastic deforms if the person that has been at it b4 hand has done it up stupid tight. I found that out the hard way and had to go buy a socket for mine.

other than that its pretty much the same as any other oil change. I usually put a bit of oil back in there b4 putting it all back together(saves having no oil pressure for a few seconds) And the new filter usually comes with a new O ring so might as well replace that too.

but yeah. easy peasy

sukebe
07-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Thanks Tim. I was actually looking at the wrong thing (silver thing, at the front of the engine facing forward). It looks like it could contain a filter cartridge. Anyway, got it sorted now, very straight forward change.