PDA

View Full Version : Stronger than I expected.........

brad
10-01-2009, 03:02 PM
If a butterfly flaps its wings in Brazil will it cause a tidal wave in Australia....?

My kids thought it would be funny to wedge a few flowers into the front numberplate before we went on holidays. They thought it even funnier when they were still there 200km later when we arrived at a farm.

Except the flowers attracted a fully grown goat that weighed about 45kg.

The goat ate the flowers then put it's front legs up on the front bumper. The goats owner did an outstanding 50 metre sprint towards the goat. The goat jumped on my bonnet in fright (I was watching this from 100 metres away and immediately started trying to work out who would pay); then scrabbled up the windscreen and onto the roof; then jumped onto the lip of the hatch & ran away.

I was really *****ting bricks about dents & scratches when I finally reached the car. I haven't washed it yet but everything looks fine - paint is OK & no dents.:) Which suprises me as my old Liberty would have looked like it had been attacked with a ball pein hammer.

gregozedobe
10-01-2009, 06:29 PM
It must be the flexibility, as it certainly isn't the rigidity. ;) My roof gives way substantially just from the (light) pressure of my hand running a chamois over it.

If the goat's hooves were damp then they aren't that hard (they are the same stuff as our fingernails). Might be an idea to wash it and look for small scratches anyway.

Transporter
11-01-2009, 07:54 AM
Mate,.... you should catch it on video. :duh:
From now on always carry the camera with you.:)
Video like this could make you a lot of money. :biggrin:
Anyway I'm glad that the paintwork is ok.