PDA

View Full Version : All windows go down

miko
09-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Hoping someone can help when we first picked up the Tig when you held the unlock button down on the key fob for a few seconds it also powered down all the windows. some how when i was setting up the other features this one has stopped working. have followed the handbook to set it back up and havendone a full system reset, but still no luck!! can anyone shed some light on this for me please

neil
09-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Hoping someone can help when we first picked up the Tig when you held the unlock button down on the key fob for a few seconds it also powered down all the windows. some how when i was setting up the other features this one has stopped working. have followed the handbook to set it back up and havendone a full system reset, but still no luck!! can anyone shed some light on this for me please

Have you tried both sets of keys.
I have one set that will and the other that will not open the windows,
I was under the impression you had to get the dealer to change the functions.

FJ Steve
10-01-2009, 07:20 AM
It should be in the "Comfort" settings of the MFD...if all else fails..go back and see the dealer. They will know, and should be able to explain it to you.

miko
10-01-2009, 06:27 PM
No comfort settings in my MFD there is a convenience but no comfort...
when i press and hold the unlock button the indicators do a secondery flash a few seconds later then nothing am assuming the windows would go up/down then?

will drop past dealership on monday and see if those muppets can sort it out

FJ Steve
10-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Sorry...you are correct...Convenience...not Comfort :duh:

miko
16-01-2009, 02:03 PM
got it all fixed up today at the dealership, aparently the Keys lost the codes, or fell out of sync with the car????
took about 30-45 minutes to fix

TonyTA
18-01-2009, 10:00 AM
got it all fixed up today at the dealership, aparently the Keys lost the codes, or fell out of sync with the car????
took about 30-45 minutes to fix
Glad to hear you got it fixed. Hope it stays that way.

Would be interested to hear if it happens again - or if there are others out there that come up with the same issue?

Now I hear the reason for your problem, I think the same sort of thing happened to us with our Golf a while ago. Panel shop had to fix the front door and quarter panel after a ding and they screwed up the locks and windows. We had to go back twice and finally get them to take it to VW dealer to fix the key coding to the car.

miko
24-01-2009, 06:59 AM
by the way the dealership was talking it isnt unheard of for this to happen. they are of the opinion it happened when they took the ipod connector out a while back...

gregozedobe
24-01-2009, 11:24 AM

Panel shop had to fix the front door and quarter panel after a ding and they screwed up the locks and windows. We had to go back twice and finally get them to take it to VW dealer to fix the key coding to the car.

A minor clarification if I may ;)

I'm pretty sure you guys are talking about the remote getting out of synch with the car. This seems to be pretty common. The procedure to re-synchronise your remotes is not that difficult and is usually described in your owner's manual if you want to do it yourself (and there are usually various descriptions floating around on the web for free).

The term "Key coding" usually refers to programming the car's ECU to accept the transponder (immobiliser chip or RFID) that is in the key blade half of the unit (the remote is the other half). If this isn't done correctly your engine will start but cut out after a couple of seconds.

This is much more difficult and involved, and can only be done using VCDS or in some cases it is a dealer only job (but you usually only ever have to do it if you get a new key or are replacing the dash instruments).