PDA

View Full Version : VR6 features...

Putt-Putt
05-11-2006, 07:03 AM
Hey guys
i am currently lookin at buying a vr6 and i was wondering what the standard features and factory options existed.

I have seen some cars that are claimed to be VR6's but they look like they are running with hubcaps.

Can u guys post pics of your interiors and wheels for me?

Thx for the help

syncro
05-11-2006, 07:27 AM
VR6s had five stud wheels, all others had four. A special edition VR6 came to Australia called colour concept but there was less than 20 brought here.

BlackVr6ix
05-11-2006, 07:41 AM
Mine has leather and a sunroof. the leater was factory fitted but the sunroof was dealer fitted but still delivered as a "factory" option. I'm also pretty sure all vr6's had BBS rims of some description.

DubSteve
05-11-2006, 03:08 PM
[QUOTE=syncro]VR6s had five stud wheels, all others had four.QUOTE]

Thats how you can basically tell that it is a vr6. Also the tail lights are darkened out which look fairly cool.
It will have a vr6 badge at the front of the grill and im pretty sure that the grill has only 2 slits running through it cant tell off the top of my head.
They will have fender flares I don't think that the GL and CL have them (Please correct me if I'm wrong. I do know that the later models came without them)

Thats as much of the outside I can think of at the moment. You should be able to tell look for the v6 lol...

Make sure that you check the car properly before buying though.

BlackVr6ix
05-11-2006, 03:59 PM
dont forget the front lip. My vr6 doesnt have the front badge but that might have been pinched before i got it.

DubSteve
05-11-2006, 04:44 PM
dont forget the front lip. My vr6 doesnt have the front badge but that might have been pinched before i got it.

Isn't the front lip the same as the other two models... Well they don't look any different to me anyway.

peedman
05-11-2006, 04:53 PM
I think the VR6 has a larger front lip. Dont VR6's also have bucket seats too?

Golf Loon
05-11-2006, 06:44 PM
The front lips catch one everything and are hard to get. Most have been replaced by now with standard lips.

VR6 grille does only have 2 slats and front indicators should be white, but most have been replaced with yellow by now.

94-96 Aussie Delivered VR6s have the plastic arches, later ones dont.

The seats in em are heaps better than a GL model.

Leather was an option, as was cruise. Sunroofs are all aftermarket I think.

DUBING
05-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Vr6 grill has 2 lines that run across, instead of 3, it has BBS 15" Wheels, some have plastic arches, they have thick textured door moulds on the side and a vr6 badge one the side. Leather steering wheels and gear knob.

golfvr6
06-11-2006, 07:00 AM
The front lips catch one everything and are hard to get. Most have been replaced by now with standard lips.

VR6 grille does only have 2 slats and front indicators should be white, but most have been replaced with yellow by now.

Leather was an option, as was cruise. Sunroofs are all aftermarket I think.

folks:
- standard front indicators were yellow
- cruise was standard from build date 95 on
- sunroof was factory option
- only other option was for leather and recaros
- *bright* colour concepts were the other limited edition
- factory front lip was the same as a GL and any other golf mk3 in OZ
- factory fogs and euro front lip - i have seen on about 2-3 vr6's of 94 model - I even asked a guy on a street if he would swap his about 8 years ago before they became more abundant - he just looked at me funny! (i would have too)

DubSteve
06-11-2006, 07:34 AM
I think that we have pretty much thought of everything. Although my 94 vr6 had cruise control must have been an option when thee car was bought.

V8quattro
08-12-2006, 06:13 PM
For anyone who's confused about how to tell one VR6 from another, I'm about to add to it.

standard front indicators were yellow
- no not on early 1994 shipment. They were a white/clear with amber lense underneath

sunroof was factory option -
I've never seen one - plenty of factory-like Hollandias, though

only other option was for leather and recaros
- sports seats - once made for Volkswagen by Recaro, but perhaps no longer - were standard on VR6 from 94 on.

factory front lip was the same as a GL and any other golf mk3 in OZ
- No, again the first batch of 1994 cars had a different, deeper spoiler, the same as the GTI 16v in Europe. I have shots of two brand-new VR6s in Lennocks showroom taken in about March 1994 with these.

Bora Sport
08-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Just to add my 2 cents worth. I had a colour concept and I was told that they brought in 25 or maybe 50 of each of the 4 colours, yellow, green, red and blue. The colour concepts had colour coded leather seats that were much more padded than the stndard seats and were the duck's nuts to sit in. I believe that the first year VR6's (1994??) had the deeper spoiler here in Oz but after that they reverted to the same as the GL.

I also had a June 97 build VR6. It had a better engine management than the earlier models and also had slightly larger (288mm) front brake rotors. I would reccommend the later model if you can afford it. It seemed to have more grunt (although claim was identical power and torque) and also was nicer to drive with slightly better fuel consumption.

As far as I am aware they all had cruise and MFA.

Golf Loon
08-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Yeah the colour concepts have badass seats. My mate has a black one with black leather. The side of the recaro comes up heaps, real bucket. I think the colours were red, black, yellow, green and blue. I heard 200 of em in total.

DubSteve
09-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Yeah the colour concepts have badass seats. My mate has a black one with black leather. The side of the recaro comes up heaps, real bucket. I think the colours were red, black, yellow, green and blue. I heard 200 of em in total.

Just like the TDI Mk3 that came to Australia only 200 ever bought to OZ.

Golf Loon
09-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Just like the TDI Mk3 that came to Australia only 200 ever bought to OZ.

Yeah maybe less. Oli has got a smashed one that needs a reshell ;)