PDA

View Full Version : Nulon Products

Jmac
04-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Hey there anyone on here use Nulon????? I see they are now doing Auto oil for the ZF5hp transmission. I have been using Penrite BMV which ive been very happy with , but spoke to someone who rates it highly. Ive only just been reading in the latest IAME journal about the new Nulon products and they cover a large range.
Anyone had any experience with Nulon??
Cheers
Jmac

mikepologti
10-03-2009, 08:14 AM
ive just put some nulon e30 long term engine treatment. aparently a while back rmit did a test and ran a comodore with absalutly no oil in it and put nulon e30 in it instead. they then drove the car from sydney to melbourne. at melbourne they took the engine apart, to find absalutly no damage. at first i thaught this was a hoax, but its been seen on quite a few forums and recomended by alot of people.well worth the 40 bucks imo.

aprr32
10-03-2009, 08:35 PM
If it was that good wouldn't car makers put it in at the factory, then they could claim better economy, power and engine life for very little $ spent.

Preen59
10-03-2009, 08:41 PM
My old man uses a lot of nulon stuff. All kinds of things. Oil treatments etc. Reckons it's good stuff. No idea about the oils though.

If you keep the oil treatment bottles, every so many they give you stuff, too. haha. :)

Transporter
10-03-2009, 09:22 PM
In new cars it is safer to not to use any additives. Once you put an additive onto the oil, that oil is changed and it doesn't have to comply to the manufacturer's specifications and it could void a new car warranty. Most of the car manufacturers are against the oil additives and they have very good reason for it. In the old and worn out engines, gearboxes and diffs it doesn't matter you can experiment a bit.

Preen59
10-03-2009, 09:36 PM
In new cars it is safer to not to use any additives. Once you put an additive onto the oil, that oil is changed and it doesn't have to comply to the manufacturer's specifications and it could void a new car warranty. Most of the car manufacturers are against the oil additives and they have very good reason for it. In the old and worn out engines, gearboxes and diffs it doesn't matter you can experiment a bit.

My old man uses it on old Camrys etc that are driven around town mainly etc. Stops them gumming up. Keeps the lifters free etc.

No need to use such things on new cars agree'd. :)

Mrk_Mickey
10-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Lol...new cars are NEW, why would you even bother?? :nana:

mikepologti
14-05-2009, 12:33 AM
long term preservation, was my reasoning. im guessing the reasoning behinde car companys not using it is, is A/ it costs 40 bucks a pop. and B/ as long as they have there money and the car lasts past waranty im pretty sure car companies dont give a crap.

Transporter
14-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Why not to use the LiquiMoly product like "Engine Protect" or MOS2?
I would have more confidence in them than in Nulon.

A month ago I bought the LiquiMoly EngineProtect to use it in my T5 and now trying to find out: why it shouldn't be used?
So far I failed and I can read only the positive things about it.
Liqui Moly is also producing oils which are approved by VW for 506.01 and 507.00 but they are not on sale in OZ.

Jmac
14-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Main reason i ask is that until lately ( apart from ATF BMV) from Penrite, Audi or VW ATF was all you could get for the ZF Transmission. I have used BMV which is a fraction of the cost and had good results from it. Only recently in the IAME journal i see that Nulon have a broad spectrum oil for Auto including the ZF, hmm not to sure about that, i see good reports and thats why i brought the topic to the table, just wondering what other thought.
Cheers
Jmac

14-05-2009, 06:26 PM
I assume you're talking about the Multi Vehicle ATF Jimmy? I could probably get you some at a reduced cost should you wish to try it hehe - as thanks for everything you do for us Brissy VW'ers.