PDA

View Full Version : Yet another newb in Perth!

Coaster
28-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Hello, my name's Tristan

I'm mad keen on fuel efficiency and comfort and ergonomics.

We wanted to get a Polo TDi in early 2007, but due to the 5 month wait required we had to choose another small car pronto (the old car was dieing). Got a Honda Jazz VTi and have been impressed with it, I regularly return 5L/100km and the magic seats are... magic :D

But soon it's time to get something a little larger, a little classier, a little safer, a little quieter. So now my wife and I have time to get the car we want and have a bit more cash these days too. So we're looking at a Golf VI TDi DSG, hopefully they bring out the Bluemotion as I really am not bothered with 0-100 speed and all that 'crotch-stuff'.

One concern though, is if I can fit my bike in the back with the seats folded down? Do they fold flat?

Thanks for the forum and I can't wait for the Golf VI to be released here and all the details to be revealed.

polo_spec_d
28-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Welcome to the forum,

I have a polo and I can fit a track bike in the back with easy, only gotta fold down one side, so I imagine the golf would fit it.

I just returned from my polo 3.75L/100kms :)

Coaster
28-12-2008, 10:06 PM
:eek: :bowdown:

gareth_oau
29-12-2008, 12:11 AM
welcome aboard Coaster/Tristan.

Unfortunately consumption has never been one of my focal points. My S3 does an ok average of around 10L/100kms, whereas my GT-P averages around 19L/100kms:duh:j:

FJ Steve
29-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Welcome Tristan.

With the recent drop in fuel costs.....economy in the R32 is not a word discussed by my wife or I of late.:nana:

geoff_gti
29-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi Tristan, welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay :)
Hope you're a patient man & can wait until the Mark VI arrives otherwise you'll have to buy a V in the mean time hehe!

phaeton
29-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Welcome Tristan :D

Enjoy your stay :)