PDA

View Full Version : Cant get the DVD or TV to work on my EOS.

Caveatemptor
28-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Hi everyone, i recently got my silver eos couple weeks ago. I got it with the satnav and the dynaudio system, well worth it by the way. Anyway the dealer told me months ago when i purchased it , that it doesnt have tv, yet the manuel stated it does though i cant get any connection, and when i put a dvd in it says wrong region. Does anyone have their tv connected and can play dvds, or know how i can get those features on the navsat?
Thanks

phaeton
28-12-2008, 07:30 AM
Is this the new RNS 510 system ?

silvershadow
28-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone, i recently got my silver eos couple weeks ago. I got it with the satnav and the dynaudio system, well worth it by the way. Anyway the dealer told me months ago when i purchased it , that it doesnt have tv, yet the manuel stated it does though i cant get any connection, and when i put a dvd in it says wrong region. Does anyone have their tv connected and can play dvds, or know how i can get those features on the navsat?
Thanks

The DVD region coding issue will be interesting - I suspect this will be addressed through VAGCOM by changing the region settings however given the fact that you can legally buy retail DVD's in Australian with other than region 4 coding, this will be an issue for the life of your car.

Given the recent/current legal actions concerning copyright infringement following the enactment of the US-Australia Free Trade Agreement notwithstanding our consumer protection laws, your ability to make back-up copies of legally purchased DVD's with amended or no region coding to allow them to be played on your system using appropriate computer software/hardware has been made very risky and possibly illegal until someone can afford a High Court challenge. A similar situation probably applies to removing the region coding restriction on DVD players which was previously legal in Australia.

Caveatemptor
10-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Is this the new RNS 510 system ?

Hi ben , I checked and yes its the RNS 510.