PDA

View Full Version : New Pirelli

kryten2001
23-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi All -

I'm a new member, just joined up. I previously had a regular Mk5 Trendline back in 2005, but I've just ordered and an expecting delivery of a new Pirelli 5 door (Yellow!), fully optioned, in late Jan '09.

I'm getting the 240kw/440nm upgrade installed after I take delivery, along with 320mm brembos and an APR exhaust. I can hardly wait.

Look forward to reading all your posts and being part of the community. And a special hello to any other Perth side VW fans also.

Cheers.

dubbed
23-12-2008, 11:23 AM
You're one lucky bugger - mods in the pipeline and you've just ordered it! Hats off to you. 240kw + 440Nm is crazy just from a couple of mods in a 2 litre hatch!

Mischa
23-12-2008, 11:34 AM
good work :)

why not go the bigger brembos though? they're similar price arent they?

kryten2001
23-12-2008, 12:03 PM
good work :)

why not go the bigger brembos though? they're similar price arent they?

Yes I've seen the 360mm's, but I've been told there's a chance there may not be enough clearance in the rims to fit them in... They're monsters.

I'm going to get my local APR representative to check them out as soon as I take delivery. If they fit, no worries, even though I think the 320s will probably be more than sufficient.

The brakes are the most expensive upgrade (nearly 6k). The tune is about $2k, and the APR exhaust another 3 or so. Obviously nearly all of the power gains are from the tune, but I'm going the whole hog with it.... before the missus changes her mind!.....

I was really pleased to get the 5dr yellow, my local dealer tells me it was a bit of a slapfight to get it (lots of dealers wanted it) - but because I'd committed to buy it, it went to them first. There's not too many coming into Aus apparently, so I'd better keep it well looked after.

It lands on Dec 30 anyway, but will be 09 complianced. I'm expecting it anytime after Jan 15.....!

Mischa
23-12-2008, 12:58 PM
sounds good to me! congrats and welcome :driver:

ChrisR32
23-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Sounds like an awesome car, and the upgrades are going to make this thing fly. Great work!

kryten2001
23-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Sounds like an awesome car, and the upgrades are going to make this thing fly. Great work!

I only wish I could have had it for the Christmas/New Years break, but it's not to be. I could have gotten a black 3 door straight away, but I wanted to hold out for the yellow 5dr. Also got the Sat Nav, Bi-Xenons and the rear parking sensors...... No sunroofs available on the pirelli I'm told, pah!

Would be very interested talking to any other pirelli owners out there who have done any mods other than the tune.

Cheers guys.

tinto
23-12-2008, 03:00 PM
You're in for the slowest January ever. ;)

Congratulations on the new car - sounds like it is going to be a monster!

GoLfMan
23-12-2008, 03:20 PM
congrats and welcome to the forum matey :)
sounds like its going to be a monster, 240kw is mental! :o!