PDA

View Full Version : wiper blade marks

migolf
21-12-2008, 09:11 AM
:)Hi ihave wiper blade marks on my windsceen,have tried bug and tar remover.glass cleaner.toothpaste on toothbrush,someone said go too windsceens obrien they should be able to polish it out guy there said we dont do that any more you will just have to live with it:frown:windscreen is smooth no abraisions.does anybody know of anything that would work:)

WEDEL.1
21-12-2008, 09:17 AM
If it's caused by the metal part of the wiper, a new windscreen will fix it :-(

Maris

Mrk_Mickey
21-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Actually this is something that has annoyed ME for a long time, but I've never thought of asking about it hehe. When I got my bosch aero-wipers I started to get windscreen marks..as follows:
A line where the left wiper stops (fully extended)
A line where the right wiper stops
A curved line following the inner edge of the right wiper.

I haven't actually tried polishing, but does anyone actually know how this happens and what it is, ie if it's a scratch or collection of some sort of oil or something? Sorry to interrupt your thread migolf.

No457 Snowy
21-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Try some White Vinegar on it and see how it goes.

Snowy. :)

Mrk_Mickey
21-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Try some White Vinegar on it and see how it goes.

Snowy. :)

Weekly ritual earlier this year mate ;) Will have to do it again then. Cheers!

gavs
22-12-2008, 12:20 PM
I have found that it generally happens from a build-up of grime etc on the wiper's edge, generally after a period of time without decent rain.

I've used the old white vinegar trick, followed with a liberal application of RainX on the windscreen to help stop it happening, it doesn't fix the problem, but it helps in being able to just wash them off with soap and water.....

migolf
22-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Hi have tried nearly everything,marks are still there ,when i ran my hands over windscreen i can not feel any roughness,i will just have to put up with ,not worth replacing windsceen for as it is in good condition otherwise

Russ59
22-12-2008, 09:39 PM
I have used the Auto Glym brand glass polish and found it works quite well. It might be worth a go, apply it with a fine scourer (like a scotch brite non metallic) and then wipe over with white vinegar, then a damp cloth and finally buff up the glass with newspaper while it's still damp. Can't guarantee this will fix it but it should make it a bit better. Another handy hint is to clean your wiper rubbers with "Bars Bugs" which is ammonia based but it also helps to condition the rubber and keeps it soft.

Russ