PDA

View Full Version : New to the forums

polak
02-11-2006, 10:24 AM
Hey guys,
So glad to finally find an Australian community that can appreciate the superb craftsmanship of the Mk4 & Mk5 VW Golfs.
Had mine for a little over a year now. Its a 2000 GL 1.6L. Only done a few little things. Had the 17" 2 piece rims put on, lowered on eibach pro springs, upgraded the car audio and installed blue L.E.Ds in all the footwells.
Hope to get some pics up soon.
So yer just wanted to say hello and i look forward to sharing my knowledge about golfs with all

Cheers

GoLfMan
02-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Hey mate, welcome to the forum, always good to see some newer golf nuts around, your car sounds really awesome, looking forward to the photos!
this little community is a good one and a friendly one and i hope you enjoy it :)
also put up your location as we have gatherings and cruises:)

gtimk5
02-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Hi Polak, Welcome to the forum, we hope you enjoy it. Great to have yet another keen mk4 nut on here. Great car and the 1.6s aren't that slow, nice cruising car. I used to love mine heaps. Cheers, Andrew :)

polak
02-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Hey thanks for the warm welcome guys.
By the way, might i say gtimk5 you have got one sweet ride going there.
Lovin the APR exhaust....would love to hear it scream.
The plan is to sell my GL in about 2 months time to upgrade to a mk5. Just dont know which one:confused:

gtimk5
02-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Hey! Thanks a lot Polak, much appreciate that. I can't wait to see yuor ride. Yes, the mk5s are damn nice, 80% more rigid in the body and all. Hard decision which one to pick though unless you are going a TDI ir GTI. I made up my mind 15 months to get a GTI before I actually did get it. The APR exhaust does sound great, it is a very deep noise and with the other things done it really does go very well. I love the thing to bits!
Once again, its good to have you here on the forum. Cheers, Andrew :) :)

s14s2a
02-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Polak, djendobry! Welcome to VWwatercooled !

polak
02-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Nie jestem osobny Polak...woohoo lol.
Andrew im having the exact same dilemma. i dont whether to go for the mk5 GTI or the TDI. Yet the mk4 GTI is really appealing because it has so many kool little bolt on bits and in particular the APR Stage 3 turbo kit *drools*.
I guess ill have to see how i go.
Ive got 1 pic of my car but it looks a bit dodgey. Not 2 sure how to go about the uploadin thing either...hhope it workshttp://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3877901

s14s2a
02-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Ha ha Im not that good with my Polish, I need to ask my wife!!!

C'mon get a MkIV GTI- They are a lot of fun for not a huge outlay.
With a K04+software, exhaust and some coilovers you would have a pretty neat street package (yes this is what im wanting to do)

As for posting pics go and register at www.photobucket.com

then when you are posting a text reply just copy and paste the image link into your reply

or with the site your pic is on just copy and paste the middle option.

Bug_racer
02-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Polak, djendobry! Welcome to VWwatercooled !

Sorry to be an ass but its

Dzien Dobry , Witam ciebie do VW Watercooled :)

Now , this is my opinion being a Giac dealer so its going to vary from gtimk5 .
I think a lot of the APR products are over priced . Fair enough you probably get the quality but you could get the same quality manufactured locally .

APR stage 3 ? I dont think its all that crash hot . Fastest Audi in Australia is Giac powered , fastest watercooled VW is probably VW's R32 . I'm hoping to soon break both records with the VR6 . APR in Australia is bolt on gear only , there is very little customizing involved . Giac Stage 3 will be raced at WSID on Nov 18th . Check out club meets page for details

s14s2a
02-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Seb you ass! just couldnt help yourself could you! haha

Dont you have some cars to service at this time :D or some sleep to catch up on.

polak
04-11-2006, 09:31 AM
Hey bug racer,
I was thinking of correcting the polish but i didnt want to come across as a smart ass or something j: . Are you polish?

Im glad to hear your opinion....i want as many as possible coz that will be the best way for me to make my final choice.
However im leaning more towards the mkV. The mkIV's a great and all but im not really seeing many worked MKV's around and id love to do that myself....
I once contemplated the R32 but i simply wouldnt have been able to afford it.
Like i said thanks for opinion love to hear.
I think my exams finish before the 18th so i may come down and watch you run.
CHeers

mikinoz
04-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Each chip has it advantages Polak, APR and GIAC being the main players.

Be warned though, there is a lot of passion behind the people that use/sell these products - like ford/holden rivalry really - we want VWWatercooled to remain fairly unbiased, a place where people can explain their product with respect to the other products on the market.

Cheers, and goodluck in making your mod choices! ;) - mikinoz

Bug_racer
04-11-2006, 09:18 PM
You have to stop modifying your posts so much Mikinoz (insert emiticon with tongue sticking out)

I dont think the rivalry is that bad , not with me anyway . I respect other tuners who actually do that , tune cars and modify them , not just with bolt ons . Gtimk5 and apprr32 have done heaps of custom modification and have tested many parts , had many failures and know whats good for what car etc .
I choose giac cause they guarantee me to get more power than any other tuner , and they deliver . The power is what they quote and Im happy with that . Im into drag racing so every last kw counts . And they are tuners , they do not sell turbo kits or bodykits , only software . They work with other workshops like myself to dyno tune a "package" that is then sold to customers . My g/f's S3 is the limit of their packages . The VR6 is all custom software tuning using Autronic . Even though they receive no money from me they still give me a lot of technical info in regards to tuning the VR6 .

Im happy to give a few guys a ride in the S3 on sunday after the drags if the car is still ok . But only to guys that can handle a truly fast car (insert evil laughing emiticon)