PDA

View Full Version : My New Passat

Passout
13-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Just Picked up a Passat, Got it for nothing as it is an old family car and i needed something to restore after finishing and selling my Mini. I'm a first time VW owner and i dont really know anything about the car.

If anyone could help with information as to what year it may be or what motor size it could be would be appreciated.

Also, anyone with a workshop manual or any ideas on any cheap mods i could do performance wise, it would also be appreciated.

phaeton
13-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Welcome to the forum Passout :D

Going from the picture I'd say a mid 70's Passat with the 1.5L engine.

For more on Passat History see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Passat

Also check the VIN plate for the exact year ;)

Passout
14-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks very much Phaeton as suggested after checking the VIN plate it is a 76 model.

Just wondering if anyone with a workshop manual would consider selling it?
Or if they could just look up the block number for me to have an idea on what motor it has exactly..

Block No. ZB 152 879

Cheers Phaeton. Thankyou to anyone that can help.

Oneofthegreats
14-12-2008, 03:49 PM
G'day Passout & welcome to the forum. Hope you find the info your after. There's plenty of it!

Good to see another member from Geelong too.

Passout
15-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks to Silvershadow in the car manuals thread, providing a link for me to enter my block number and find out all the information i need for now. so all i have to do now is get it running... thanks, you'll be hearing from me.