PDA

View Full Version : Another convert

wombatoutofhell
12-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Hi all-I'm a recent convert to VAG products with the purchase of a Skoda. I have to admit I would never have even thought about a Skoda (I remember the 70's and 80's) and I was looking for a small wagon along the lines of a Peugeot 307, Mazda 6 etc when I stumbled on a yellow 2007 Octavia RS wagon. I ignored it for a while (because of the badge and it was a little more than my budget) but kept coming back. I did some research and couldn't find any article anywhere where someone found any major problem-most journos spoke very highly of it. I decided to have a test drive and was hooked. I decided the budget could be stretched. The car was a bargain-to me at least.
That was a month ago and I still haven't got it due to issues with finance. That's all now sorted and I should be picking it up Tuesday. I am planning a drive to Ballarat to try it out! I'll do a proper post with a bit more about the car and my early impressions in the Skoda thread next week.

roccodingo
12-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Welcome mate, my ex's rellies in UK have a few Skoda's, do nothing but rave about how good they are...

good luck :biggrin:

DaveMack
13-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Welcome to the forum, Wombat. Long may your Skoda perform well for you and if you have any questions ... there are some very knowledgeable guys on here who can probably give you the info you want in a relatively unbiased fashion.

Get into the social scene as well and go to some of the meets and cruises. :biggrin:

Cheers,
Dave

wombatoutofhell
14-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I'm really looking forward to getting this car-it will be nice to be back in something euro. Previously I've had Fiats and Peugeots (I still have a Lancia in the garage). The Skoda replaces a VX Berlina wagon with the Gen 3 V8. I no longer need a car that size and it's a bit expensive to run. I was originally after a hatch and was seriously considering the Fiat Ritmo-but ended up deciding I still need something a little larger. The Skoda should be ideal-large enough for the family and sporty enough for my continuing mid life crisis!