PDA

View Full Version : Passat CC

DiMmY
29-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Unless I'm blind - I haven't seen any mention of this car yet!

Available with the same 3.6L powerhouse as the R36, I'm pretty sure the specs are on-par with the R. My Dad was an inch from buying an R36, but things went downhill at his work with their overseas headoffice being .

Reviews seem good. It looks a fair bit nicer than the standard Passat IMHO and the standard trim that it comes with is on-par with the R36. Only $400 more as well. Dad is seriously considering this over the R36.

What is everyone elses thoughts on the CC?

Steve
29-11-2008, 10:16 AM
If I didn't want five seats and a wagon, I'd have one in a heartbeat. I think they look great, and the V6 version will offer almost identical performance to the R36.

Macka
29-11-2008, 11:28 AM

Available with the same 3.6L powerhouse as the R36, I'm pretty sure the specs are on-par with the R. My Dad was an inch from buying an R36, but things went downhill at his work with their overseas headoffice being pricks.

Reviews seem good. It looks a fair bit nicer than the standard Passat IMHO and the standard trim that it comes with is on-par with the R36. Only $400 more as well. Dad is seriously considering this over the R36.

Yes just the 4 seater problem which l think wasn't well thought out by VW.

Macka

DiMmY
29-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Yes just the 4 seater problem which l think wasn't well thought out by VW.

Macka

Well - if you need 5 seats you won't buy it.

The Merc CLS, which I'm sure they looked at heavily for 'ideas', is also a 4 seater. The rear seats in the CC sure do look comfy though...

gregozedobe
29-11-2008, 05:12 PM
The rear seats in the CC sure do look comfy though...

Might want to check the headroom first if you intend to carry any adults there.

slitko
29-11-2008, 11:59 PM
There is enough room in the back tried it out at the motor show.

tryingavw
30-11-2008, 12:53 PM

i got a brochure on it from vw which says its due early next year, taking orders. the 125kw tdi is $55k+ onroads and is a pretty good package, base includes leather, elec seats, xenons, 18", and lots of stuff so compared to a 3 series looks really good value. metallic paint, satnav and roof are xtra's . theres also an ambience package which adds woodtrim. the V6 AWD is $66k +.

for "your dad" this car would probably be better than an R36 due to all the extras it offers plus a classy look.

DiMmY
30-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Might want to check the headroom first if you intend to carry any adults there.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=6ilG5IejSzU

gregozedobe
30-11-2008, 03:18 PM
The critical issue in cars with a low slung rear roof line is how much height the would-be rear seat passenger has from the bottom of the butt to the top of their head. The guy in the video seemed to have very long legs, so he has to be proportionally shorter in the body and neck/head.

I'm 188 cm tall, but am pretty long in the body and neck/head (and therefore shorter in the leg), so am a bit more sensitive to the headroom issue than most (eg I find a Subaru Liberty/Outback claustrophobic due to my head being positioned too high).

As long as there is enough room in the CC for any passengers who will regularly ride there then it is all good :)

Gipper
01-12-2008, 10:20 AM
If I didn't want five seats and a wagon, I'd have one in a heartbeat. I think they look great, and the V6 version will offer almost identical performance to the R36.

I think the CC looks absolutely stunning! If I didnt love the practicality of the R36 Wagon (as well as the performance), I would be looking at the CC as well.

While the V6 CC will have the same straight line performance as the R36, it will be interesing to see how VW setup the handling. I would presume it will be setup more like the V6 passat with the adjustable suspension rather than the slightly more sporty R36 setup.

DiMmY
01-12-2008, 03:19 PM
I think the CC looks absolutely stunning! If I didnt love the practicality of the R36 Wagon (as well as the performance), I would be looking at the CC as well.

While the V6 CC will have the same straight line performance as the R36, it will be interesing to see how VW setup the handling. I would presume it will be setup more like the V6 passat with the adjustable suspension rather than the slightly more sporty R36 setup.

I was actually at the VW dealer today and he said the running gear is identical to the R36. The dampers have to be different since the CC has the adjustable ones.

Got a pricing sheet as well. Driveaway Exc. Metallic = $74,130.

JustSayCC
30-01-2009, 01:09 PM
For those interested - Apparently my dealer tells me there's a few CC's around the country at some dealerships. I ordered mine in October (after harrassing the dealer in July from Europe, where they had them on the road) last year. Its supposedly in the docks awaiting official release in Feb. Fleet pricing was available (someone on another thread which I can't find said it wasn't), (Just under 70K for v6 with Park Assist/RVC and Automatic Distance Control and RNS510 + metallic paint on road).

Autopia
01-02-2009, 09:24 PM
I think this car looks fantastic and I'd go for it too if it wasn't for the wagon's convenience.
Just got the full brochure from VW in the mail and it's hard to fault the car. Nice subtle body kit available for it as well.