PDA

View Full Version : Honda Imposter

Alexx
28-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Hello all

My name is Alex and i drive a civic, but ive always had an itch for vws since one of my mates got a mk3 vr6 back in 06. Driven a couple of Vr6s a few times now and yea im a fan :biggrin:. Been lurking this forum on and off since i was referred to it by Joe88 early this year.

Anyway, wouldn't mind an mk1 or mk2 gti as a daily, as the civic may be turned into a track car, so im just being patient and keeping one eye open. But anything can happen right? So yea pretty much just joined up to learn more about VWs.

Anyway this is the whip
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/11/civic-2.jpg

Cheers

RhysQ
28-11-2008, 06:46 PM
gday mate welcome to the forum. hopefully we can get you into something decent :nana:.

here you go, get into this!

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=22273

Cheers,
Rhys

Water Boy
28-11-2008, 09:23 PM
JDM boy... Nice i love the whole cult SPOON JDM look... Welcome :)

Preen59
28-11-2008, 09:26 PM
JDM boy... Nice i love the whole cult SPOON JDM look... Welcome :)

Ok so i keep hearing it... WHAT THE F.... IS JDM?! :)

VR6child
28-11-2008, 09:32 PM
japanese domestic market :)
nice civic

KI11Z
28-11-2008, 09:50 PM
and USDM for United States Domestic Market, so perhaps for us dubbers we're from the EUDM? lol :biggrin:

anyways, awsome name Alex :toast: and sweet looking eg, any more pics and mod list? also what your location?

funnily anough i own a dub and have been thinkin on buying an eg as my runnaround cuz i'll be tracking very soonz (like this wed :eek: so hopefully nothing goes bang :cry:)

rayray086
29-11-2008, 07:06 AM
Sweet EG mate, and welcome to the forums!

bahjah
29-11-2008, 10:16 AM
in b4 "Vtec YO!"!! :wasntme:

hehe sweet ride, and welcome to the forums. Don't let anyone here tell you different, VW's aint got nothing on VTEC!!!!

*puts on flame suit*

KI11Z
29-11-2008, 12:31 PM
in b4 "Vtec YO!"!! :wasntme:

hehe sweet ride, and welcome to the forums. Don't let anyone here tell you different, VW's aint got nothing on VTEC!!!!

*puts on flame suit*

too true, thats y i hate to love them :duh: in saying that though i'd never trade the dub for one . . .

Jarred
29-11-2008, 12:53 PM
as far as civic's go - noice,

good luck with the search for a decent ride :nana: ;)

Water Boy
29-11-2008, 01:07 PM
and USDM for United States Domestic Market, so perhaps for us dubbers we're from the EUDM? lol :biggrin:

anyways, awsome name Alex :toast: and sweet looking eg, any more pics and mod list? also what your location?

funnily anough i own a dub and have been thinkin on buying an eg as my runnaround cuz i'll be tracking very soonz (like this wed :eek: so hopefully nothing goes bang :cry:)

What happened to the Mk2 Jetta?

Soundofav6
29-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Welcome to the forum.
I was looking into the EGs but they were more expensive than the vr6s. EGs are my favourit civics !!!

any more Pics ???

Alexx
29-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Cheers guys for the welcome :bowdown:.

I hate the whole song and dance about vtec, too many people take it too seriously haha. Its just an engine lol. But it is fun....

Yea EGs are overpriced really when you compare em stock for stock with vr6s, but meh this is my second eg in a row, i love em. I just love the potential of them. Ill always be a honda man first.

Dont get an EG as a daily, too dangerous. Way too many parts available for them haha, you will end up spending a ****load on it :frown: But yea have fun out at WAS

Um im in brisbane, and as far as the basic mod list goes, it has a JDM eg6 engine and lsd gearbox conversion, seats, coilovers and some other footwork, dc2 integra brakes, silver respray, and a couple of sets of wheels. Its fun for now.

I have a few other pics floating around.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/11/daveshoot063edit-2.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/11/daveshoot060-2.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/11/daveshoot053-2.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/11/daveshoot171edit-2.jpg

Mrk_Mickey
29-11-2008, 05:38 PM
That's a sleek looking civic mate, love those wheels. I was looking at civics when I was buying a first car; unfortunately I found power in a VR and I couldn't look back haha. When done right, these look good.

Welcome aboard the forums :) Hope you find a nice dub soon.

Spyda
29-11-2008, 05:58 PM
THATS how a honda is suposta look.

Welcome mate.

dubbed
29-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Sick whip! Very nicely modified mate. The rims are awesome. It's a good change from all the poorly modified ones you see around.

My friend had an EG but the thing was a slug and the interior was falling apart - worse than two older Falcons I used to own, so I was put off them.

What sort of potential do these Civics have? I've always wondered why people modified them so there must be a good reason! I must admit thought that some of the racier engines I've heard have been Hondas. I've heard an S2000 that sounded like an F1 car, and a nicely modified Integra that was screaming its tits off.

GeorgeG
30-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Nice ride mate, just bought a mk 5 GTI,after owning a JDM CRX. Although the Golf is way more refined than EF's and EG's etc. It will never be as entertaining to drive as my old EF8, wish I hadn't sold it:duh: Anyway the Mrs seems to prefer the Golf...

thestu
30-11-2008, 11:06 AM
nice clean ride Alex!

my mates into civics so he bought an eg thinking it would beat my dub..HAHAHA:P

but his is a stock d15 but he is about to chuck a b18 in it :D

what motor you running? what other mods hav you got?

i want to buy one but they are too much for what they are...and well i fell in love with mk1's :P

Stu

Alexx
30-11-2008, 05:22 PM
My friend had an EG but the thing was a slug and the interior was falling apart - worse than two older Falcons I used to own, so I was put off them.

What sort of potential do these Civics have?

Interior of mine is fine, i suppose its how its treated as to what condition it is in.

Potential wise, there are a heap of honda engines that fit b16, b18, f20, h22, k20, k24 etc and hybrids of all of them. And the eg chassis for all intents and purposes is the same as the dc2 integra type r chassis so parts are inter-changable. So suspension/brakes/seats bla bla. Makes it a sensible choice to modify.

my mates into civics so he bought an eg thinking it would beat my dub..HAHAHA:P

but his is a stock d15 but he is about to chuck a b18 in it

what motor you running? what other mods hav you got?

B series are fun engines. Mod list is a few posts up

rudiger_isosceles
03-12-2008, 04:29 PM
... you look ridiculous Pope.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/11/daveshoot171edit-1.jpg[/QUOTE]