PDA

View Full Version : 1996 audi quattro

dubsweeper
27-11-2008, 09:56 PM
hey there , just stumbled over a 1996 quattro 2.6 5speed manual , avant, ok its done 280000klm has a water pump ready to go on , despite the klm what should i be wary of ? the timing belt has been done, gearbox feels strong, no damage , very straight but klm is a worry , any opinions here anyone , cheers

Jmac
27-11-2008, 10:56 PM
ABC engine code mate and is bullet proof if looked after. You mention timing belt has been done, if the water pump is needing replaced then the whole lot comes apart again belt etc, might pay you to fit a stat at the same time its behind the timing cover left side looking at the motor. Oh and dont use too low a viscosity oil as at this amount of ks itll drink it in no time. Use at lowwst 15w or even 20w 40. Boxes are good as is the torsen diff. AC compressors,evaps and heater cores are a worry on these but thats the norm. Mate probably the most common thing on these are the wishbone bushes and being a Quattro you have more of. They are cheap though.
Jmac

dubsweeper
28-11-2008, 12:06 AM
ok jmac looks like all those reciets that were there were for the wishbone bushes, for under $5000 i might take the chance ..... cheers for the advice :)

qsilverza
29-11-2008, 01:50 PM
did you buy it ? PM me if not as I am looking for a 2.6 80 quattro... not to concerned about the overall condition as long as it drives straight and the box is in good nick !