PDA

View Full Version : custom seatcovers for Tiguan

Tigga1
25-11-2008, 10:45 AM
looking to get some custom sheepskin seatcovers, can anyone recommend a manufacturer/distributor?

cheers

FB2
20-12-2008, 03:36 PM
looking to get some custom sheepskin seatcovers, can anyone recommend a manufacturer/distributor?

cheers

G'Day Tigga1

Just got back from some work in Townsville. Did you have any joy with the seat covers? I'm also keen on floor mats and a back tray/cover?? All advice greatly appreciated. I've a Tig 103TDI auto.

Best wishes

FB2:bluesbro:
Brisbane

NZTiguan
20-12-2008, 08:49 PM

cheers

Can't actually help BUT be careful OK, remember there's airbags in the side of the seats so any covers have to be specifically manufactured NOT generic.

Cheers

FB2
22-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Can't actually help BUT be careful OK, remember there's airbags in the side of the seats so any covers have to be specifically manufactured NOT generic.

Cheers

Thanks K1W1.

My query was based in that peculiarity.:)

Tigga1
22-12-2008, 03:10 PM
G'Day Tigga1

Just got back from some work in Townsville. Did you have any joy with the seat covers? I'm also keen on floor mats and a back tray/cover?? All advice greatly appreciated. I've a Tig 103TDI auto.

Best wishes

Brisbane

Yes, great joy, just in time for Christmas! Went around to different stores, both in town and on-line, ended up going with one of the bigger australian sheepskin co's based in Perth, who had a stand in one of the shopping centres.

spoke to one of the owners, very knowledgeable and persuasive! And they leave the sides open to cater for the airbags.

2 yr wty, very good fit, custom made in Perth, even got the Tigga from the dealer to make sure of the fit, flew items over and fitted by a local who has fitted for them for 7 yrs.

for floor mats I went with the rubber ones, had them in the Golf and they're pretty hard to beat. Got the reversible rubber/cloth mat for the boot, which folds up and will cover the whole back section with seats down.

cheers and happy Christmas:)

FB2
24-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Thanks Tigga1.

I'd be grateful if you'd provide the contacts please. Sounds like the gear you got is just what we need.

Merry Christmas.

FB2 :bluesbro:

Yes, great joy, just in time for Christmas! Went around to different stores, both in town and on-line, ended up going with one of the bigger australian sheepskin co's based in Perth, who had a stand in one of the shopping centres.

spoke to one of the owners, very knowledgeable and persuasive! And they leave the sides open to cater for the airbags.

2 yr wty, very good fit, custom made in Perth, even got the Tigga from the dealer to make sure of the fit, flew items over and fitted by a local who has fitted for them for 7 yrs.

for floor mats I went with the rubber ones, had them in the Golf and they're pretty hard to beat. Got the reversible rubber/cloth mat for the boot, which folds up and will cover the whole back section with seats down.

cheers and happy Christmas:)

Tigga1
02-01-2009, 04:46 PM
I'd be grateful if you'd provide the contacts please. Sounds like the gear you got is just what we need.

FB2 :bluesbro:

Prestige Sheepskin
& Lambswool Products
www.prestige-sheepskin.com(in oz)

good luck

FB2
08-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Prestige Sheepskin
& Lambswool Products
www.prestige-sheepskin.com(in oz)

good luck

Thanks Tigga1. Safe motoring during 2009.

team_v
28-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Thread revival!

I am looking at getting some seat covers to protect the original cloth seats.
I found a group in Wooloongabba that do sheep-skin seat covers with sides open to allow the seat air-bags however it was about $900 just for the front seats so i figured i would give them a miss.

Has anyone found/is using seat covers and if so how much did they set you back?

I should probably email Prestige Sheepskin to see if they have any prices for me and i will update this if i find anything of use.

Tigga1
28-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Thread revival!

Has anyone found/is using seat covers and if so how much did they set you back?

I should probably email Prestige Sheepskin to see if they have any prices for me and i will update this if i find anything of use.
I used prestige, they had a stall in the local shopping centre. Custom made front sheepskin covers, and rear cloth, for a total of around $900. Also included cover for centre console, which is nice to rest your arm on.
Can check invoice at home if you like.
Great fit, althought with all the bits and pieces for rear seat (including arm rest) it rumples up a bit if you lay the seat down. Seat covers were fabricated in WA, sent over to local installer, who gave me a call when they arrived and we arranged the install in local shopping centre.
no complaints, and lots of choices for colours/materials etc.
From memory, front seats alone were about $450-500
hope this helps

team_v
28-04-2010, 12:10 PM
That's a great help mate.
I was expecting around $400-$500 for the fronts.
I would probably only get the front's done as the rear seats won't get used nearly as often.

will email Prestige later today.