PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne GTG - 19th November

grechygti
26-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Hi guys, first time poster and just thought l'd pass on the details to the below cruise l have arranged through the Vortex forums. Limited to 15 cars for maximum enjoyment. 8 spots left.

Cruise Sunday 19th November
meet time 6am, depart 6.35am
Where - Bell Shack Resteraunt, Bell Street Preston melways map ref 30 E1
Things to bring...

Full Tank fuel
Roadworthy car
2 way radio
Good sense of humour.

We will be stopping at locations throughout the drive to regroup and explain certain stages.

The drive will be limited to 15 cars maximum, therefore l need firm confirmation you are attending. I will update your name on this page to lock you in.

Recky notes will be given out on the day and not before.

Please refer to the VW vortex forums on page 4 titled "Melbourne Vortexers"

Hope to see some of you there.:)

ausgolfer
26-10-2006, 07:38 PM
I would go if:

1. I had a 2 way radio.

2. It wasn't the weekend before the DOVW and I wasn't busy putting my car back together.

Bugger thought would have liked to have gone on this.

gtimk5
26-10-2006, 07:48 PM
2 runs or get togethers in 2 weekends. You people are spoilt!
Our social watercooled scene has died in the a..e down here! :mad:

MK2 GTI
26-10-2006, 07:48 PM
I would go if it wasn't so early lol. You would never see me out that early on a sunday.

grechygti
27-10-2006, 08:54 AM
The early the better up that way. Got to beat the Sunday family cruisers as they are impossible to pass through the twisties. It is crucial that should you attend that you bring a 2way to keep in contact with the group. The reason for numbers limited to 15 is so the group does not get separated with traffic lights etc.. I've been in big groups and it just does not work. Too many stops to re group.

If you are intending to come, then state your intention on the vortex forum as l will be updating the list on that thread.

Hope to see you there.;)

ausgolfer
27-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Well I couldn't come if I wanted to then, as I don't have a 2 way radio. :confused: Does anyone?

Tim
27-10-2006, 09:51 AM
I have a small 2way. Ive used it on a couple cruises but i wouldnt say its an essential item. People always have mobiles if they get lost. and with a small group like that in the wee hours it shouldnt really be too much of an issue id think

grechygti
27-10-2006, 03:40 PM
The 2ways are good to have as l know my mobile (vodaphone network) does not work in the mountains, hence the 2way. You could always get a cheap one that doesnt cost alot and you will always have it. You can still come but l would suggest to stay in between cars that have radio contact. :idea:

grechygti
16-11-2006, 10:41 AM
BUMP - cruise this Sunday folks. :)