PDA

View Full Version : First Post

FB2
23-11-2008, 05:50 PM
G'Day Folks.

My family call me Frank, while I'm logged in here as FB2. I live in Ascot, Brisbane with my wife Clare (CB1) who works fulltime looking after our house, her aging Mum and me. I'm an old fart (60+) with interests in the history, languages and cultures of South East Asia, watching sports and reading about current affairs. I'm also a Hash House Harrier who no longer runs but enjoys walking rapidly. I like good coffee and love red wine.

FB2 and CB1 took delivery of a white MY08 Tiguan 103 Tdi Auto 6 speed SUV Turbo in July 2008 from Gary Crick VW at Maroochydore and we're still finding our way around it! We optioned it with the comfort package and front fog lights. Completed a little over 4000 km now.

Another customer in the show room, of the dealer whose name rhymes with nostril, told us of this site and also of an aftermarket sat/nav system that I see has been well discussed here, the AVC9000. It looks a pretty cool device, is much cheaper than the VW item and so I'm pretty sure we'll buy one but we would first like to know of a reliable place to have it fitted in Brisbane. So if anyone in Brisbane has had an AVC9000 fitted to their VW I'd be pleased to have contact with you, initially via this list, please.

From the outside, I've been monitoring with a good deal of pleasure and satisfaction the chat here since about May 08 and have finally taken the plunge to register today. Please be kind to me!!

I look forward to your interesting posts.

Best wishes

FB2 and CB1

phaeton
23-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Welcome Frank and Claire :D

Please post pics of the white Tiguan :eek:

Buckets
23-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Welcome Frank and Claire, hope you get as much from this site as I have so far. Also great if you get to help someone else! Cheers from Mexico, (I mean Melbourne) Craig :biggrin:

FB2
25-11-2008, 08:22 AM
G'Day Ben & Craig.

Thanks for your replies. Ben I'm not a camera man by which I mean I don't own one! This of course makes posting of hpotos difficult. The white Tiggy is just a standard model with the only external difference from the brochure being the dirt. Nonetheless I'll see what I can do to get some photos onto the site. I'll keep my eyes open for the opportunity to help folks, Craig.

Best wishes

FB2

gareth_oau
25-11-2008, 10:19 AM
a 60 yr old with a computer???:eek:

Just kidding Frank and Claire, welcome aboard!!j:

FB2
25-11-2008, 02:39 PM

Thanks Gareth.

I'll need some lessons Mate. I can drive the on/off switch andf type emails. Clare turns on MS email and away we go!

Unfortunately, I'm still struggling with the wiper controls on the Tiggy. Any ideas?

Best wishes
:driver:

phaeton
25-11-2008, 05:35 PM
What are the problems with the wiper?

gareth_oau
26-11-2008, 12:14 AM
LOL Frank, dont ask me, i drive too fast to need the wipers:biggrin:

(and its an Audi S3 too, not a tiggy)

RedMk2Gti
26-11-2008, 07:04 AM

mate, 60 is not O !
I'm 59 and spend 10 hours in computer daily .
btw Welcome FB2 and CB1 :biggrin: For $30 you can easily get a very basic 2M pixel digicam from eBay which is good enough to post picture in here,
I can show you how once you get one :)

FB2
26-11-2008, 10:25 AM
G'Day All,

A composite reply if you don't mind :)

What are the problems with the wiper?

Too many features, Ben. The tired old memory bank which keeps my ears apart can't remember them all. CB1 tries to help out but that just minimises domestic bliss. I think it best I leave the Tiggy undercover until the rain stops. :duh:

The other alternative is to adopt Gareth's methodology: drive too fast for the rain! That's what these guys tried :bluesbro:

G'Day RedMk2, I'll decline your generous offer of the $30 deal. I spent a couple of 100s on red wine earleir this week and CB1 (minister of domestic affairs and treasury) reckons I've overdrawn the $$$ ration for the year. Oh woe is me :frown:

We're moving away from the AVC 9000 in our research for sat/navs for the Tiggy. Discovered the Zenec MC2000 which looks interesting. Has same features but twice as dear. What will CB1 say? :confused:

Thanks for all the messages folks.

Best wishes