PDA

View Full Version : Hi All! Need advice...

Mr T.
22-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Hi everyone,
my first post in VWW!

I've been reading quite a few posts on various VW sites... but still need advice on what I need to do to retro-fit a sat nav into...

Background: Have a Jetta07 TDI with the factory RCD300 installed, with a dealer installed vw bluetooth handsfree kit and an ipod adapter.

Intention: To buy RNS510 or equivalent, maybe from eBay maybe not? Have also been impressed with the AVC9000 but am concerned the plastics won't match?

Issues: I’ve read in various forums that having the split MFD will not allow certain info, also may cause problems with the steering wheel buttons? Bluetooth and ipod may create further problems? What is the difference between version A & B? Do i get the sat nav installed by the dealer to keep the warranty intact?

Research: I have spoken with two dealers here in Melbourne and both are saying I will need a retro-fit kit... Reading the forums there is no talk of this, or is this short for the dealer making a few more dollars on an already expensive unit? Last week spoke with VW parts, now saying available next March, can't wait that long.

If there is anyone out there who can give me some direction I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Mr T.
11-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Thank for everyones help... worked it all out searching through the threads - all I need now is for a map disc! :driver: