PDA

View Full Version : 2008 R32 RNS 510 with Bluetooth

danceboi_syd
21-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Have just returned from the dealership after being one of the lucky few to receive the new Premium bluetooth integration with the factory installed RNS-510 in our MY2008 R32.

Regrettably this is a sham.

The user manual provided by the dealership after our installation suggests that what was installed was a "Hands Free Phone Kit" when it was supposed to be Premium. After confirming via email many times with the sales person we were expecting the Premium kit this is what they have installed after literally months of waiting. We had been led to believe the Australian market had been waiting for so long because they (VW) were trying to make a wider range of phones compatible.

The system that was installed today offers absolutely nothing that the manual in our car when we took original delivery promises for a Premium installation. There is no RNS-510 on screen feedback or even access to any of the phones emails. In fact, once you have paired your device you are blind as there are no indicators in the car whether it has been picked up or not. In addition, if someone calls you have no idea who it is.

The manual supplied in our R32 has a whole chapter on what should be available to us when this option is installed but nothing in this chapter is correct.

We will follow this up with the dealer this week but I urge anyone who has been eagerly anticipating this valuable piece of kit to kick up a stink if it doesn't do what the manual says it should do. Make sure that if you are expecting or have ordered a premium kit then that is what has been installed and it does everything in the manual it says it should.

If the dealer insists it is the premium kit then we need to do something about VW Australia trying to force this inferior product onto us and passing it off as premium.

phaeton
21-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Welcome to the forum danceboi_syd :D

Hows the rest of the car going ?

danceboi_syd
24-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Hey Ben
Its not too bad actually..apart from the faulty aircon unit it shipped with...and we are now awaiting a part from Germany. Although I had heard about the various quality issues with VW, I had hoped that cars originating from Germany would not have the same issues.

Of course it sounds wicked and when you accelerate quickly to the legal speed limit it brings a smile to my face.

FYI we have now heard from the dealer and apparently this is the Premium kit which does absolutely nothing that the manual says it does...apparently there have been several complaints about it since being installed.

If you have an RNS 510 and get the hands free installed then I recommend reading the manual to see just how much you are missing out on..then raise the issue with your dealer...as we did...for my money it is unacceptable.

Brett

Mr T.
24-11-2008, 12:05 PM
I have found info from dealers has not been the best. Hope you resolve quick!