PDA

View Full Version : Hail damage repair

noom
19-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Hi all,
I just got a golf which has hail damage on the roof, and bonnet.

Is it cheaper to just get a new bonnet, then to repair the dents?

I have read that some people can "pull" out the dents. Any idea how much this would cost for the roof?

Golf Houso
19-11-2008, 11:59 PM
What model golf? A mk3 one will set you back around $150 and around another 100 to paint, probably alot easier that way.

Golf Loon
20-11-2008, 07:09 AM
Paintless dent removal guys can probably get the ones on the roof out. Then a new bonnet and thats that.

I have bonnets, including a brand new one if you need.

noom
20-11-2008, 07:10 AM
Hi there, its a mk3 vr6. I think golf loon has two for sale, therefore am thinking seriously about getting it. Thing is I am in Canberra. Need to find some time to collect it.

What can I do about the roof?

Mrk_Mickey
20-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Get some quotes man, that's probably the only thing you can do.

Bora Sport
20-11-2008, 11:40 AM
The wife's Vento was peppered in a large hail storm a few years back. We claimed it on insurance. Those paintless dent removal guys came out and in a couple of hours they had it fixed. I could not believe how they made it virtually good as new.

Golf Loon
20-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Hi there, its a mk3 vr6. I think golf loon has two for sale, therefore am thinking seriously about getting it. Thing is I am in Canberra. Need to find some time to collect it.

Or I can simply courier it to you. Will cost lots less than the petrol to get it yourself.

BigMan
23-11-2008, 01:25 PM
on the way to Jenolan cave in country NSW yesterday it started snowing and hailing!

A week before summer i couldnt believe it :eek:

The temperature shown on the MFD went -1 !!! and the cool thing is when temperature reach 4 degree it has a little snow flake symbol beside it :biggrin: i was quite impressed.

anyway on the way back i was hit with some hail storm and my 4 months old GT Sport has some dents on the roof :frown:

Anyone know if this is covered by insurance?

Russ59
23-11-2008, 02:04 PM
on the way to Jenolan cave in country NSW yesterday it started snowing and hailing!

A week before summer i couldnt believe it :eek:

The temperature shown on the MFD went -1 !!! and the cool thing is when temperature reach 4 degree it has a little snow flake symbol beside it :biggrin: i was quite impressed.

anyway on the way back i was hit with some hail storm and my 4 months old GT Sport has some dents on the roof :frown:

Anyone know if this is covered by insurance?

Depending on the amount of excess you would have to pay if you claim through your insurance company, it might be best to get a quote from the paintless dent removal people, I found a few names and numbers in NSW (that's where you live I gather ? ) I'm not sure if they are the original one's or not.

New South Wales

Sydney Theo Vacropoulos Ph: 0409 122 212
Newcastle Greg Howland Ph: 0408 689 011
Mid Nth Coast Steve East Ph: 0417 408 498

Maybe a forum member who has actually used their services would be able to recommend someone for you.

Russ