PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

Joe Chu
14-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here but not new to VW. I own a Polo Gti chipped/downpipe/Bentley side mount IC. Was fortunate enough to work at dealer for 2 years when we were dual franchise so I know and love our products.

DaveMack
15-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Welcome to the forum, Joe. Hope you can find any info you need from here and that you join in the social side. Enjoy your dub ... :)

Dave

Bubu
15-11-2008, 03:42 AM
Welcome to VWW.

What does this Bentley IC look like?

Joe Chu
15-11-2008, 08:08 AM
Same as OEM but is around 30cm thicker, they retail for 700 around 550 trade. I'm guessing it's similar to old RS4?

Pullstarter
15-11-2008, 09:35 AM
That wouldn't be smokin' joe chu would it? It's Simon from Hurstville RC Track :) Welcome bruzz :driver:

Blitzen
15-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Same as OEM but is around 30cm thicker, they retail for 700 around 550 trade. I'm guessing it's similar to old RS4?

Hey man, welcome to the forum.

Hate to sound nit picky, but was that 30cm or 30mm...I have been looking at side mount I/C's for my car, and I like the sound of what you have done. Was it hard to fit into the stock position on the Polo?

Ryan

Joe Chu
16-12-2008, 08:11 PM
It was quite straight forward fit, only had to remove RH wheel and arch liner, but I had to use a different inlet and outlet hose as the diametre was the same as the throttle body, Also had to make up some extenders to bolt onto IC so I could use original mounting points on car. The end tanks are slightly larger. I don't use the Polo during the week so I can't tell you if it suffers from heat soak, most of my driving is done at night anyway. I fitted a temp probe off my fluke meter and saw temps as low as 23degs registered while driving, so my guess is it's working. Vehicle hasn't been dynoed so I can't give you a comparison for APR/Forge IC. If you like it stealth I think side mount is the only option, I still think a front mount would be better but I'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment.