PDA

View Full Version : I love my new Tiguan

STIG
13-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Hello - new user here, well long time lurker anyway.

I thought I'd pop in an let you know stock is finally turning up. I picked up my 147TSI this week and am suitably impressed. My options were metallic paint, park assist, bixenon headlights and anti-theft alarm ... my favourite is the park assist, I'm addicted to parallel parking now!

Anyone with one of these on order - it's worth the wait!

goodfella
13-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Welcome STIG....Congrats on the new addition to your garage!

Question... how did you get that Nickname??? Why didn't anyone else think of using that?!?!!(me included)

Tigga1
15-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Hello - new user here, well long time lurker anyway.

I thought I'd pop in an let you know stock is finally turning up. I picked up my 147TSI this week and am suitably impressed. My options were metallic paint, park assist, bixenon headlights and anti-theft alarm ... my favourite is the park assist, I'm addicted to parallel parking now!

Anyone with one of these on order - it's worth the wait!

I've got the 125TSI, and am also impressed. More oomph than i thought, great handling (although a little soft in the corners after the lowered Golf!)
have a Neuspeed adjustable rear sway bar on order to fix that :-]

options are metallic paint and pano roof, and it came with the 147 touch screen radio,
not too many options, but no complaints from me.
And there may be the option of a re-flash later on...

DJY
18-04-2009, 08:00 PM
You guys able / comfortable to let us know what your respective packages cost on the road?

Were you able to get much knocked off the price?

As a side note though - I'm surprised not many people in this forum seem to be adding leather seats to their Tiguans?

Comfort Pack and Park Assist I can understand are popular add ons..
but I'm surprised not many are adding fog lights, off road packs, but especially leather seats bluetooth, or even sat nav?

Pullstarter
18-04-2009, 08:53 PM
I've got comfort pack, fogs and offroad pack in a manual 125TSI with mine although I must say the extras weren't by choice. It was either buy this one which was already on the way for a bit more than a bog standard car or wait 5 months, which I didn't wanna do :biggrin: $40,500 on the road for me, prolly a bit more than major city prices but I'm fairly happy with the deal I got.

High-Fidelity
19-04-2009, 10:33 AM
You guys able / comfortable to let us know what your respective packages cost on the road?

Were you able to get much knocked off the price?

As a side note though - I'm surprised not many people in this forum seem to be adding leather seats to their Tiguans?

Comfort Pack and Park Assist I can understand are popular add ons..
but I'm surprised not many are adding fog lights, off road packs, but especially leather seats bluetooth, or even sat nav?

103 TDI manual with comfort pack, off road, park assist and fog lights here. Came in at less than $40k on the road.

Not really interested in leather, it gets hot and sticky and the cloth trim should be plenty durable enough and looks pretty good. Bluetooth and sat nav were just too rich to get them with the car. I plan on installing the RNS-510 myself though. Will get one from either ebay or the seller at vwnavi.com. Same for bluetooth. Should save a couple of grand by doing it myself.

Ben.

DJY
22-04-2009, 10:54 AM
STIG and Tigga1... (and any others)...

did you both drive the other model?
STIG - did you drive a 125 and what made you go for 147?
Tigga1 - did you drive a 147 and what made you go for 125?

I've read clip's posts about this justification...
but I appreciate anyone's observations of the differences in these two vehicles on the road. Sure I am pouring over the different specs, made up Word documents listing differences, and trying to determine the "nice to have" versus the "I will notice / use these" features.

glidn
22-04-2009, 03:07 PM
sheesh how dare you post about such an awesome car with no pics. Really?

Nah just joking, very nice car man, but could be nice to have some photo's of this car?

DJY
22-04-2009, 04:01 PM
sheesh how dare you post about such an awesome car with no pics. Really?

I agree!

Trying to find photos of the various colours is proving quite difficult!
(real life - ideally Aust model photos)
What colour 147 did you get?

I'm keen to see a Silver Leaf one!

freddy
22-04-2009, 04:13 PM
I agree!

Trying to find photos of the various colours is proving quite difficult!
(real life - ideally Aust model photos)
What colour 147 did you get?

I'm keen to see a Silver Leaf one!

There's a silver leaf (really its pale gold, not silver) TDI at my local dealer. Doesn't do it for me. Almost seems to have a green tinge and just doesn't show the car off at its best. To each their own, but to me black looks best (when clean), but would choose reflex silver myself (too much dirt road driving to contemplate the black).

Pullstarter
22-04-2009, 05:09 PM
If only they did a charcoal gray, once again something else they get OS that we don't :brutal:

DJY
22-04-2009, 05:12 PM
There's a silver leaf (really its pale gold, not silver) TDI at my local dealer. Doesn't do it for me. Almost seems to have a green tinge and just doesn't show the car off at its best. To each their own, but to me black looks best (when clean), but would choose reflex silver myself (too much dirt road driving to contemplate the black).

I agree that the black looks amazing!
Am worried how practical it is though...
how hot it would get, how bad it would look with stone chips, marks, dirt, everything would show up!

Silver is nice, but I am keen to see a silver leaf... something a bit different. There are lots of silver cars on the road. A slight gold I would like... not sure about a green tinge though! Anyone got a silver leaf?

freddy
22-04-2009, 08:32 PM
If only they did a charcoal gray, once again something else they get OS that we don't :brutal:

Do they do a deeper grey than mountain grey OS? I was offered aTDI in mountain grey. Quite like it on the golf - havent seen it on the Tig, but it seems a pretty common colour choice on many euro vehicles these days.

Pullstarter
22-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Yah they offer United Gray OS.

NZTiguan
23-04-2009, 06:50 AM
I agree that the black looks amazing!
Am worried how practical it is though...
how hot it would get, how bad it would look with stone chips, marks, dirt, everything would show up!

Silver is nice, but I am keen to see a silver leaf... something a bit different. There are lots of silver cars on the road. A slight gold I would like... not sure about a green tinge though! Anyone got a silver leaf?

I've got silver leaf and I love it, it's become very popular now. My first choice was wild cherry BUT this Tig was on its way to NZ and at the time it would have been 12 months wait for a "custom build", so I bought this one. It looks very silver until you get it into dimmer light where it turns bronzer. Also if you park next to a silver car you suddenly go "OH, it really ISN'T silver is it". Very practical colour too and doesn't show the dirt etc. I like the black BUT I'd never own one cos they're a nightmare to keep looking good.

Cheers

DJY
23-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the feedback!

I think I saw a couple of photos of your Tiguan in another thread / forum - when you installed your fog lights...
any more photos in here or around?

NZTiguan
23-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the feedback!

I think I saw a couple of photos of your Tiguan in another thread / forum - when you installed your fog lights...
any more photos in here or around?

Have a look-see at

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m101/BussellNZ/Tiguan/

Cheers

freddy
23-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Have a look-see at

Cheers

Nice car.

Must say those photos look better than the car I saw at my local dealership. Of course, its hard to tell from a photo, but maybe the inside lighting at the dealership wasn't showing off the silver leaf at its best?

DJY
23-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Have a look-see at

Cheers

Very nice!
I see what you mean by the Silver Leaf looking slightly different depending on the lighting situation!
Some great photos - especially the one taken at Manorburn Dam!!

Looks like the 103TDI auto in NZ gets chrome around the windows and chrome roof racks too? Or is this something you have done?

Nice 4Motion badging as well! Is that your doing?

NZTiguan
23-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Very nice!
I see what you mean by the Silver Leaf looking slightly different depending on the lighting situation!
Some great photos - especially the one taken at Manorburn Dam!!

Looks like the 103TDI auto in NZ gets chrome around the windows and chrome roof racks too? Or is this something you have done?

Nice 4Motion badging as well! Is that your doing?

Yep the NZ one comes with chrome as standard (NZ standard is diesel, auto, 4motion, park assist, auto headlights/wipers, auto tinting rear view mirror, dual-zone-air, cruise control, multifunction leather wheel, alarm, 17" wheels, chrome (widows and roof-rails), rear fog). I've fitted the front fogs, stubby antenna and done the re-badging (red i on the TDi and 4motion badges front and rear). We bought it with the "luxury pack" (leather, electric driver's seat, heated seats, roof storage, RCD510) and "off road pack" (28º nose, extra skid plates, off-road electronics and compass etc).

Glad you guys like it, we're thrilled with it (still) and love every moment of driving it.

Cheers

DJY
23-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Nice list of standard inclusions!
Seems the Kiwi's have done it better than VWA?

Spook
23-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Nice list of standard inclusions!
Seems the Kiwi's have done it better than VWA?

Just had a look at the VW NZ site. After getting over the shock of seeing the Scirocco for sale over there (the 147kw version is NZD 55,990, or about AUD 44,800), the Tiguan is listed at NZD 54,990, or about AUD 44,000 vs AUD 39,190 for the Aussie version. So the nice list of inclusions do come at a price.

Why can't VGA bring in the Scirocco when NZ, a much smaller market, is able to do it?

NZTiguan
24-04-2009, 06:55 AM
Just had a look at the VW NZ site. After getting over the shock of seeing the Scirocco for sale over there (the 147kw version is NZD 55,990, or about AUD 44,800), the Tiguan is listed at NZD 54,990, or about AUD 44,000 vs AUD 39,190 for the Aussie version. So the nice list of inclusions do come at a price.

Why can't VGA bring in the Scirocco when NZ, a much smaller market, is able to do it?

Unfortunately all our vehicles are dearer here than in Ausi BUT we do get stuff before you guys and some stuff that you never even see, so I guess it's just swings and roundabouts. I think the fact that we're prepared to pay a bit more means we get some of the exotic stuff before you because there's more profit in it. A bit like the Americans are complaining bitterly about the choices they're getting in Tiguan but the reason is that the profit level on a Tiguan sold in USA is way way less than one sold to you or me.

Cheers

dogbowl
24-04-2009, 06:07 PM
I have a black car (new Honda Accord Euro), and never again. Looks great the day you wash it, and dirty for the next month!

Pullstarter
25-04-2009, 08:14 AM
My last car was black (VR6) and I've ordered a black Tig, washing cars is a hobby and not as expensive as modding :biggrin: Hmm but then again I do that too.........:biggrin:

Tassie Tig Tiger
03-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Yes been lurking here for a while and had a good look at thread before purchasing new Tig.

Picked up a reflex silver 125 TSI manual , with comfort pack and towbar , delivered on 6th April.

Sounds like may have been lucky to get one as soon as ordered virtually....

Very happy so far upgraded from 1994 Camry which was bought new..

About only regrets are managed a flat tire (Pirelli P 6) in first 48 hours , and with Tassies off-road opportunites should have definitely gone for the off-road kit (can this be retrofitted NZ Tig or anyone) and further yes they are made to come with foglights and don't look quite right without.....

NZTiguan
04-05-2009, 07:03 AM
should have definitely gone for the off-road kit (can this be retrofitted NZ Tig or anyone) and further yes they are made to come with foglights and don't look quite right without.....

Don't know about the off-road kit retro-fitting. A number of people have asked and the answer is "I don't know". There appear to be two main parts, the electronic one which I "suspect" may be retrofittable as it is available as a relatively cheap option and so "may be" just an electronic reprogram and switch in the main BUT I'm not sure if the standard Tig has the required angle sensors for the hill-decent control etc. The other part is the 28º nose and added skid plates etc which I doubt would be an economic retrofit cos even the fog lights are different as well as the bumpers and possible both front wings etc etc.

As you probably know I've retrofitted the fogs and they certainly do UP the look at the front.

Sorry this doesn't help much but it's all I've been able to find out.

Cheers

DJY
22-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Not even 2 hours old yet... but mmmmm I love it!
Under the bright lights in the dealership...
the black - is almost a blue black!

Had to race home though as it started to rain... and didn't want it to get wet before I showed it of... but I don't think I can NOT drive it again tonight!

Transporter
22-05-2009, 07:57 PM
It looks like you need a big umbrella. :biggrin:
Congratulation.

DJY
23-05-2009, 08:17 PM
I only just noticed this morning - as it was late when I picked up my 147TSI last night that the badging has red letters for the "SI" on the back.
as in
2.0 TSI

http://img.skitch.com/20090523-jm6p7n61c5j9tixtg2qmawiwnd.preview.jpg (http://skitch.com/d-j-y/btcni/147tsi-badge)
Click for full size (http://skitch.com/d-j-y/btcni/147tsi-badge) - Uploaded with plasq (http://plasq.com)'s Skitch (http://skitch.com)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3381/3556252492_5afd323184_m.jpg
(can't seem to embed flickr photos)

Does the 125 also have a red "SI"?
I think the 103 only has a red "I" - and was wondering if that is another visual difference between the 125 and 147?

clip
23-05-2009, 09:43 PM
no, the 125's look like this:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/

DJY
23-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Thought it might.

Thanks for the quick post Clip!

Pullstarter
24-05-2009, 06:06 PM
more red = more hp's :) Hmm maybe we should get all red with the chip John ? :eek: :biggrin:

clip
24-05-2009, 08:32 PM
more red = more hp's :) Hmm maybe we should get all red with the chip John ? :eek: :biggrin:
:biggrin:, we'd have to paint the car red mate!!! - well at least the roof anyway (but then again I really love a sleeper :bluesbro: )

DJY
24-05-2009, 10:40 PM
no, the 125's look like this:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/

You going to change your Oettinger badge now that you have changed chips as well - or keep it?

:biggrin:, we'd have to paint the car red mate!!! - well at least the roof anyway (but then again I really love a sleeper :bluesbro: )

I can't paint my roof red... as 1. I have a black car, and 2. I have the sunroof! Very little roof that isn't glass!
WOW this sunroof is HUGE! Amazing!

clip
25-05-2009, 06:28 PM
You going to change your Oettinger badge now that you have changed chips as well - or keep it?
no it's already gone, that was an old pic.

But maybe we need some other small identifier just so we can recognise each other should we ever cross paths.

DJY
25-05-2009, 08:50 PM
The next badge / sticker I will most likely put on mine...
will be the white Apple sticker on the back window.

DJY
20-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Apple sticker has now pride of place in the middle of my rear window.

Should help other local members and friends know its me!