PDA

View Full Version : Traded

NicZA
13-11-2008, 11:33 AM
After nearly a year, and 29,200km I traded in my Octy. It broke my heart to leave her at the dealership :(, but her replacement is weaving her magic on me :)
Got a ex demonstrator Octy wagon, fully loaded, sunroof/satnav/leather/front and rear parking assist/electric seats etc.
Still the same powerplant, a 1.8T, deceptive in its cubic capacity and power output :biggrin:

My new Octy at the dealership
http://picasaweb.google.com.au/lh/photo/s_GjsVp_b5AzlDVRgdxyKw?authkey=DNOM4FK6w2c

gregozedobe
13-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Gotta love those Octys !!!

mrx
13-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Having read this, decided to look at the Redbook trade-in prices vs. the equivalent golfs. I was plesantly surprised to see that there is only about $1000 difference between the same aged Octavia RS & Golf GTI - could have been worse!

woofy
13-11-2008, 03:10 PM
I think provided Skoda give it a proper go and get out there, they may very well start cutting into VW sales mainly as both a priced a bit higher here than elsewhere..so they almost equal out. In the US I have friends who bought the 2.5L Jetta as the Mazda 6 was more expensive, certainly not seeing that here...from memory he paid around 17k which a few months ago, was a hell of a lot cheaper than here. I doubt Skoda will even bother in the US as the VW prices are hitting rock bottom already.....there is the mexican import side though I guess.

NicZA
13-11-2008, 09:10 PM
What I was initially offered for my old one was a bit of a shock, but the dealer saw reason in the end. Things have changed quite a bit at the dealership, when I bought my first skoda just under a year ago, they had 5 staff, 3 sales, 1 receptionist, and manager. Now there is just one guy doing all of that?!?! Bit of a worry

woofy
13-11-2008, 09:56 PM
wouldn't worry much about that, euro car companies will survive ok. They might just have overestimated initial sales there. The one near me is the first main melb one

gregozedobe
14-11-2008, 07:11 AM
I think Skoda is being positioned way too close to VW in price, especially when you look at the driveaway price of VW (VW seem to have bigger discounts off the RRP more often). Seing as most people have heard of VW but not Skoda it doesn't leave much "marketing territory" for Skoda, so they end up directly competing with VW. I know I looked at various Golfs against the Octy before I bought mine.

I hope Skoda builds up more momentum here in Oz, they are a great car.

Golf Loon
14-11-2008, 07:12 AM
I think they are a great car, but the pricing is too high. They are very close to VW in cost, whereas in other markets, SEAT would be between the two. I reckon they need to take 8k off the cost of the Skodas and then they would sell shed loads of em.

I`m waiting for the bargain second hand ones, then we will upgrade our Audi.

woofy
14-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Lets just say the dealers I have been dealing with sought out extra incentives from Skoda/VW for my deal as they themselves think they have been disadvantaged here pricewise.

Although the tact they may be going on is that Skoda do better than VW in all the quality stakes....so maybe they are positioning them here differently.