PDA

View Full Version : Cold feet about tiguan....

matco
11-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi all

New to the site, just looking for somewhere to get some more info from fellow owners of the Tiguan.

I currently have a Cherry Red 103TDI Auto on order, with Leather, Fog Lights,Dynaudio 300W package, and 19's on the way. Due in late Jan.

Just wondering if anybody has serviced a Tiguan yet, or can tell approximate service costs. I am a Volkswagen virgin, and am a little worried Due to it being a European. And beyond that i live in the Northern Territory where everything costs 3 times as much.

Also has anybody got the Dynaudio package either in a Tiguan or another model and if so how does it sound, The dealer didn't have anything in with Dynaudio that i could test out.

Cheers for the help all. Would be great to here what other people think.

Matt :)

anthony
11-11-2008, 07:54 PM
My motto in life has always been WHEN IN DOUBT,LEAVE IT OUT.
However,the Tiguan is awesome,and once you get a VW,it seems to get inside your blood.

linds
12-11-2008, 10:53 PM
welcome matco,

you'll find you'll need special oil for the TDI, I won't discuss it here, that topics been flogged to death in the oils and so on section of the site, and that's where my helpfulness ends, since I've got a caddy...

Tigga1
13-11-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi all

I currently have a Cherry Red 103TDI Auto on order, with Leather, Fog Lights,Dynaudio 300W package, and 19's on the way. Due in late Jan.

Just wondering if anybody has serviced a Tiguan yet, or can tell approximate service costs. I am a Volkswagen virgin, and am a little worried Due to it being a European. And beyond that i live in the Northern Territory where everything costs 3 times as much.

Also has anybody got the Dynaudio package either in a Tiguan or another model and if so how does it sound, The dealer didn't have anything in with Dynaudio that i could test out.

I think the 19's will be hot looking, but not so good driving...depends a bit on the road surface too.
Servicing will be reasonable, like any Golf Diesel, maybe a little more than petrol engines because of oil etc. But you can always go to other VW service centres.
no expreience with Dynaudio, the std stereo is pretty good to my liking, I'm very happy with the touch screen RCD510 in mine.

cheers
okief

gerhard
13-11-2008, 09:03 AM
Hi all

New to the site, just looking for somewhere to get some more info from fellow owners of the Tiguan.

You can get the service scheduled costs from your dealer, just ask the service manager to get it up on the screen for you.

It should be no more expensive than any other Golf/Jetta/Passat TDI, and it's not too bad - more than a Camry but it's only once a year or 15,000k so all good.

Reports I've read on the dynaudio are all good.

Tig uses high grade oil, but so do most modern diesel cars, even Pajeros use an high spec low ash oil.

Welcome to the VW fold - don't waver, you won't regret it :biggrin:

clip
16-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Also has anybody got the Dynaudio package either in a Tiguan or another model and if so how does it sound,
hey Mat, I was going to order the Dynoaudio too, but after listening to it (my dealer had one fully optioned with everything!) I could do better or at least equivalent for much less money. Still it would be nice not to have to do that upgrade and the dynaudio stuff is first quality (at least in home audio).

Silver Surfer
18-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Here is a Pic of our Tiguan TSI with the 18's it rides well, not sure about 19's.

phaeton
19-11-2008, 05:44 AM
Welcome matco :D

Have you asked VW how much the service will approximately be ?

Sehr Gut GTi
19-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Hi Matco,

I just picked up a Jetta TDi 103 kW. The engine is great and the build quality on the Jetta I can't fault yet. The standard stereo has impressed me sound and the function with the iPod adapter. Sorry can't comment on the Tiguan or dynaudio. I guess if you didn't like it there probably would be a fair demand for near new vehicles.

Cheers

Jason:driver:

mtj007
20-11-2008, 11:29 AM
You can get an idea of servicing costs here http://www.carservice.com.au/car-service-servicing-guide-2.aspx

They don't have the Tiguan listed but perhaps the Golf/Jetta/Passat costs will give you an idea of what to expect.

Golf TDI DSG costs:

15,000km/1Yr Service 1 h 180.00 - 253.00
30,000km/2 Yr Service 3 h 459.00 - 605.00
45,000km/3Yr Service 1 h 180.00 - 253.00
60,000km/4Yr Service 3 h 897.00 - 1075.00

And it basically repeats after that.