PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast Servicing?

Mofo
07-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Have been trawling a fair bit through this side of the site but haven't found too much in regards to recommended mechanics on the coast.
I've read recommendations for Eurotune Miami but being new to VW and to diesels in particular (got a mkv golf 2.0 tdi) am I better to stick with a dealer?
Frizelles are the main guys around here and from what I gather, they aren't too bad as far as dealers/service centres go.
I'm assuming I can take my car to the likes of Eurotune for my logbook service (due for 60000 soonish) without voiding the warranty?
Grateful for any advice/info or recommendations.
Cheers

RhysQ
07-11-2008, 03:08 PM
my mate Adam at VW Audi Garage can sort you out. he used to work at Gold Coast VW but now has his own business. warranty will not void with him and VW even send him work when they are too busy. really friendly bloke and charges VERY reasonable rates, my 30K service was half the price VW wanted to charge me. He's really passionate about his VAG cars and will treat it the way you would. He has several dubs and audi's himself.

He is located at 59 Johnston St, Southport which is only a couple of hundred metres down the road from GC VW.

if you speak to him, tell him Rhys (me) reccommended him to you.

His number is 0405 340 725 or check out his web page www.vagarage.com.au

Cheers,
Rhys

Mofo
08-11-2008, 07:11 AM
Thanks for info Rhys, will definitely give him a shout when the time comes.

Greg Roles
27-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Got my 30K service done at V A Garage today, and very happy with the service, feedback and the price. Adam is charging very fair prices on parts ( mostly below normal retail ) and was a very happy lad to deal with. Saved me over $100 on a dealer quote. He sure loves his VAG cars, and had nice things to say about my tinkering. I'll be happy to let him play with my car as the mods get more serious this year.

THANKS for the tip Rhys, I'll be back!:biggrin:

RhysQ
27-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Got my 30K service done at V A Garage today, and very happy with the service, feedback and the price. Adam is charging very fair prices on parts ( mostly below normal retail ) and was a very happy lad to deal with. Saved me over $100 on a dealer quote. He sure loves his VAG cars, and had nice things to say about my tinkering. I'll be happy to let him play with my car as the mods get more serious this year.

THANKS for the tip Rhys, I'll be back!:biggrin:

No worries at all mate, glad I could be of some assistance. I have to ask though, why drive down from brissy? There are a few guys up there (also on this forum) who I hear do a very good and cheap service.

No doubt I'll get a call from him tomorrow, he always calls me to say thanks when people from the this forum head to him.

Greg Roles
28-01-2009, 05:21 PM
I work down the coast a fair bit, so it's just another days work for me! I was going back up to Maroochy to my purchasing dealer before, so it's all the same to me.

Very impressed with both Adam and the service / price ratio!!

Mofo
16-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Hey Rhys,

I meant to thank you a while ago for the recommendation (laptop breakdown, 4 weeks+ wait, long story!!). Took my beast to Adam just before christmas and he did my 60k service. Very happy with the outcome and price.
Now, if I can just get him to tune her so I can squeeze out another 100-200km per tank, I'd be stoked!!!:biggrin:

thanks again mate.
Cheers
Daniel

RhysQ
16-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Hey Rhys,

I meant to thank you a while ago for the recommendation (laptop breakdown, 4 weeks+ wait, long story!!). Took my beast to Adam just before christmas and he did my 60k service. Very happy with the outcome and price.
Now, if I can just get him to tune her so I can squeeze out another 100-200km per tank, I'd be stoked!!!:biggrin:

thanks again mate.
Cheers
Daniel

too easy mate. yeah he's a good bloke to deal with, very friendly and professional.

you must have been the bloke he called my about around that time. he said your name at the time but it didn't sound familiar...what car do you drive?

Mofo
17-02-2009, 06:12 PM
I've just got a stock 2006 grey 2.0 TDI. I'm up and down the motorway everyday so i clock up 1000km p/week, need the car to keep-a-runnin nice and smooth :biggrin:
I'm not big into performance, very much into fuel economy.