PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Stabilizer

RedMk2Gti
07-11-2008, 08:05 AM
This link back to k-jet problem of my Mk1 http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=19943

I've done 2 things to it since my last post.

1) I took it to a guy who know old Golf, he found the air flow sensor plate is stuck and he free it up, idling problem is fixed, however the car still has running problem when under loaded. When I accelerate, suddenly it just like no power at all.

2) Then I read/read/read .. until I decided to drain the fuel tank and refill it with a fresh tank of 98 V-power (actually half tank :)). After that the car just feel like completely difference :driver:

If you store your vintage car (VW, Lotus , classic MG, etc.etc) for long period of time, do you put fuel stabilizer to avoid this kind of problem ?

Oneofthegreats
07-11-2008, 10:42 AM
My advice is, don't leave your project's sitting around for too long!

I left my GTI for 4 year's with stale fuel in it!

It started, but only just. Topped up with some good fuel & back on track. 2nd fresh tank in & I replace the fuel filter too.

Another thing with K-Jet. Put a 1-3 capfull's of metho in the tank if it's going to be stored for a long period of time.

This help's eliminate moisture.

It's also a good thing to put some metho in once a month, especially in the old car's with steel fuel tank's.

RedMk2Gti
07-11-2008, 01:04 PM
My advice is, don't leave your project's sitting around for too long!

I left my GTI for 4 year's with stale fuel in it!

It started, but only just. Topped up with some good fuel & back on track. 2nd fresh tank in & I replace the fuel filter too.

Another thing with K-Jet. Put a 1-3 capfull's of metho in the tank if it's going to be stored for a long period of time.

This help's eliminate moisture.

It's also a good thing to put some metho in once a month, especially in the old car's with steel fuel tank's.

For you guys professional mechanic, it could be no problem to NOT leave the project for 2long, but for me it's abit hard :frown:
Now I'll try to stretch her leg every week and do that metho secret formula :)

gerhard
07-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Rather than use metho, just use E10 - it has the metho in it already and probably works out cheaper.

Transporter
19-11-2008, 09:09 AM
This link back to k-jet problem of my Mk1 http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=19943

I've done 2 things to it since my last post.

1) I took it to a guy who know old Golf, he found the air flow sensor plate is stuck and he free it up, idling problem is fixed, however the car still has running problem when under loaded. When I accelerate, suddenly it just like no power at all.

2) Then I read/read/read .. until I decided to drain the fuel tank and refill it with a fresh tank of 98 V-power (actually half tank :)). After that the car just feel like completely difference :driver:

If you store your vintage car (VW, Lotus , classic MG, etc.etc) for long period of time, do you put fuel stabilizer to avoid this kind of problem ?

I'm using with good result Inter-Ject product for petrol and diesel engines.
It is not sold in car parts stores you will need to find workshop in your area who is using it. To me it's the best injector/fuel system treatment I know.
Link to the site:

http://www.interject.com.au/