PDA

View Full Version : New Member

DeanB
07-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Hi all,

Just bought a new Polo GTI and pick it up next week. :)

Been on these forums for a while researching what I needed to know before buying it ... so I know what else I need to do to it.

Already ordered the SEAT intake from Dub Addiction and a new K&N filter.

Past car was a Swift GTi Mk3 that I'd owned since new (1995) so been playing with little 4s for a long time and looking forward to the GTI and tinkering with it :)

DaveMack
07-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Welcome to the forum, Dean. You're gonna luv that Polo ... had mine nearly 3 years and it still brings a smile to my face when I take it for a drive. :biggrin:

You'll find a lot of help in the forum as well and some very good recommendadtions if you want/need to do things with your Pogo.

Cheers,
Dave

Whubbsie
07-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Hi all,

Just bought a new Polo GTI and pick it up next week. :)

Been on these forums for a while researching what I needed to know before buying it ... so I know what else I need to do to it.

Already ordered the SEAT intake from Dub Addiction and a new K&N filter.

Past car was a Swift GTi Mk3 that I'd owned since new (1995) so been playing with little 4s for a long time and looking forward to the GTI and tinkering with it :)

Welcome Dean!

What colour did you get? any options? The Polo is a beaut of a car effing love mine... you planning on chipping it?

DeanB
07-11-2008, 01:47 PM
It'll be Candy White.

Looking at the chip ... reading lots about APR :)

Need to get window tint and also the lower grills in the mesh style. Will do like I did with my old car, slowly get things one at a time so I know what each is doing.

Whubbsie
07-11-2008, 01:54 PM
drove mine straight to APR when I took delivery :biggrin:

I wanted to go all out and add everything at once so slowly stock piling mods before going in to get them installed.

quiet a few of the polo guys are after the lower honeycomb grills so hopefully we can get a group buy sorted sometime.... don't read/write chinese by any chance?

DeanB
07-11-2008, 02:01 PM
I Wish I could read Chinese, it's the only place on the web I can find them !! Surely they must be available from Germany - I can read that !!

Only ones I found, where I could read (EBay) and they were $140US from Hong Kong ... now if it was 6 months ago, the exchange rate would have made that tempting ... but not now :(

Blitzen
07-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Hey man, you will love this car...I have had mine for 10 months now, and I have nearly finished the mods I want to do...For now. I have just got the APR ECU Tune and to get my new wheels repainted, and I am done..:biggrin::biggrin: