PDA

View Full Version : 'Columbus' (RNS510) sound system/RS new face

Stoney!
06-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Hey all,

Couple of things I'm curious about...

Anyone been able to have a fiddle with an octavia with the RNS510 head unit fitted yet? I'd be interested if it has all the same features as the golf, like the Phone manager and stuff, and if the sound quality is still as great if not better than the fantastic 'audience' unit currently in the octavias.

Only thing I'm not liking about the low sales volumes of the octavias is the fact that when I buy an RS it will be fully optioned, and its going to be REALLY hard to get one. Specially at a half decent price.

Also I've noticed no info on the new face for the RS yet, would I be assuming correctly that there is going to be no change for the front end of the RS as of yet? Might be trying to distinguish them more....

Stoney!

gregozedobe
06-11-2008, 10:16 PM
I'd be very surprised if the facelifted vRS (2.5 ?) doesn't use the new headlights from the std Octy 2.5

I await with interest the 2.5 vRS version of the front end seeing as the std one (2.5) now looks a lot like the current vRs front end.

The buzz seems to be sometime in 2009 for a 2.5 vRS.

woofy
06-11-2008, 11:23 PM
it will be late next year/early 2010 before the Rs comes hence why I'm thinking of just getting the current one.

Guy_H
07-11-2008, 08:08 AM
Our Octavia RS has the RNS 510 unit (we retrofitted it) - all the same functions as the VW unit - except for the lighting & Skoda Logo's.

woofy
08-11-2008, 09:38 PM
How hard/expensive was it to retrofit..and does it work with the instrument cluster stuff? I didn't realise the dealer meant this was now available..apparently stock of this in the RS is low...

Guy_H
10-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Not sure if the dealers have it or not - yes, fully compatible - only thing that may / may not show is the picture of the park sensors (depends on part number of your park sensor module).

~ $3300 + install + dash facia (~ $100)

woofy
11-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Dealers are getting them in, but there is a wait.....thats a lot of money in an otherwise cheap car. Might stick to the audience unit.