PDA

View Full Version : Stalling '95 Ibiza

Skyring
05-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Hi,
I've got a '95 ibiza, 1.4 ABD and though usually a bullet proof beast it spat the dummy in a big way tonight, peak hour, in the rain :duh:
i had a little under 1/4 of a tank of fuel, was running the heater to demist the windscreen and was just changing for 3rd to 4th, 2500-3000 rmp when i lossed power, stall and rolled to a holt.
after quiet a few attemps, she fired up and ran for about 50m and stalled again. after a frustrating and wet hour by the roadside, she turns over but only fires intermittently, won't idle at all and when she does fire up will only run 1200rpm or over for a minute or two then knocks and stalls.
Batteries fine and under a year old, not obvious leaks and engine temp was only 1/2 on the gauge when she stalled the first time.
seems like a fuel pump or injector problem to me but i'm no mechanic, any ideas??

Golf Loon
05-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Coil pack. Very common especially in the rain.

Let me know if you cant get one, I have new and secondhand at work.

It may work tomorrow in the dry!

Skyring
08-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Okay, so i've found a 2nd coil pack for $45 and sure enough the beast is running again but now there is a ticking in the head that wasn't there before. any ideas what that could be??
Thanks